Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Moto-Kafe OP
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 480
"SOKz"........socks for Motorcyclists!!!

Moto-Kafe is now a Distributor for "SOKz" brand moto-socks. Moto-specific designed socks for the ADV/Touring/Dual-Sport Rider in mind. All "SOKz" are produced in Italy by a small, family-owned/family-run company for CIMA International . These socks are on the cutting-edge of Fiber Technology, where all three models share some of the same characteristics: superior wicking quality of the fibers used in their construction, fast drying once washed, anatomic in design (Left & Right foot specific due to their construction), and can be machine washed without the risk of shrinkage.

Basically, three models of "SOKz" are offered........the "Arrow", the "Silver" and the "Ceramic".......where each model is constructed of different fiber make-ups. For more specific information regarding the built-in design of each model sock, go to www.Real-Rider.com or see Moto-Kafe's website at www.Moto-Kafe.smugmug.com.

The "Arrow" SOKz.....short or tall versions, one color (Grey).....List Price: $15 per Pair...Men's sizes 7-9, 10-11, 12-13.

The "Silver" SOKz.....short or tall, 3 colors (Red, Grey, or Blue)......List Price: $20 per Pair...... Men's sizes 7-9, 10-11, 12-13.

The "Ceramic" SOKz....tall only, orange only (best Cold-weather model)......List Price: $25 per Pair....... Men's sizes 7-9, 10-11, 12-13.

All models in stock, multiple Men's & Ladies' sizes, tall and short versions. Visit our "smugmug" showroom, see what items you are interested in, then email Moto-Kafe@bellsouth.net (or PM) for payment options (don't try to order off the smugmug website...it's for pics only).....be sure to mention Model SOKz, Tall or Short, Color, and Size. Remember,

Not all socks are created equal!! These socks have extra padding in certain areas, elastic where most needed, and fiber materials to deal with multiple riding conditions (dry to wet to cold).

Thanks!!!
Mark444 at Moto-Kafe
www.Moto-Kafe.smugmug.com

Moto-Kafe screwed with this post 09-03-2014 at 07:12 PM
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
SQ Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Giving the SOKz Ceramic a try on a trip to Alaska, and will be comparing them to wool expedition socks as well as another pair of motorcycle specific socks.

I will have my review of the SOKz Ceramic by the end of June.

Thanks Mark!
SQ Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
Pheo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I had to pick up some new socks after I got new full height boots, my short socks really were not cutting it :)

Sokz arrived and are very comfy, temps are only ~75 at the moment so I have not tested them out in the real grime yet, but so far so good

A+ service from Mark, will be hitting him up for some straps and a cooler before long I am sure :)
Pheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
caljw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Sox

PM sent
2005 DRZ400s
caljw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
Serp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
I've ridden with these for the last 4 or 5 years and like them the best out of all the ones I've tried. I have the Silver tall models.

Laguna Seca MotoGP Trips-06/07/08/09/10/11/12/13. 2014 Loop Trip-Glacier/Yellowstone/GTs/Flaming Gorge/Arches/Mesa Verda/Monuments/Goosenecks/Capitol Reef/Bryce/Zion/GC/Joshua/Yosemite/Lassen/Crater Lake
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
Zapkat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
I've had a couple of pairs of these, and liked how they fit and stayed up. Unfortunately, they gave me nasty blisters on my baby toe from the seam across the top, so I've stopped wearing them. Still looking for a solution.
Zapkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
DJacobsen5116
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
I first tried these about 5 years ago and have not worn another sock since then. Warm in the winter, cool during the summer, wash in the evening hang over the shower rod on a towel and they are dry in morning. By far the best sock I have ever worn.
DJacobsen5116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
JT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
SOKz

Great sokz! Great service! Thank you Mark!
John
Old 04-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
HappyRiding
Wandering Moran

Oddometer: 3,057
Wearing a pair of Arrow SOKz right now. Love 'em. Good to know where to get more of them.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 925
Is there a Canadian Distributor? I have a pair and love them, want to get a few more pairs.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 611
Thumb These are great socks at a fantastic price! Recommended

I may be something of a sock "snob", as although I don't care much about any of my other clothing, I really like good quality socks (that keep my feet comfortable and dry, and either warm or cool as required, and that wear well) and have probably spent too much money on them in the past. Some brands I like for various purposes are Wright, Klim, Smartwool, etc. The SOKz seemed to be too good to be true at this price, but based on a few other inmate comments I ordered them in the "Silver" version. I received them in 2 days via USPS- that's quick. I think these SOKz are really great and a bargain. The "size 10-11" are a perfect fit for my 10.5 foot, neither tight nor loose. They appear nicely made with good materials and manufacturing techniques. They feel very comfortable in the boot. They do allow air to flow through which will keep feet cool and dry. Obviously I cannot yet comment on how they wear over time. I don't know how they do it at this price but these are a great deal! Highly recommended.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #12
Off Road USA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Your web site is charging me 6 bucks for shipping ?
Off Road USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #13
Moto-Kafe OP
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road USA View Post
Your web site is charging me 6 bucks for shipping ?
Don't use smugmug to "Buy".........email me. I really had only intended smugmug to host my pics and explain things, and then direct you to contact me via email. You might see some discounts that way too.......
Old 05-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #14
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 786
Email sent!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,135
I couldn't find a side by side comparison of the different versions of the SOKz. Could you point me to some place where I can read about why I would choose on over the other? I can look at the blends for each, but I on't know what fiber does what.

I have really hot feet and typically ride in a hot environment.

Thanks,

John
emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote