ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #271
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Wlfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: TN/AL
Oddometer: 1,288
May be 205, but what Price Point are you looking at when these go to market?
__________________
I ride not to add days to my life, but to add life to my days.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #272
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
May be 205, but what Price Point are you looking at when these go to market?
He can't mention in the thread or it gets moved to vendors. Pm him.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #273
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Wlfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: TN/AL
Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
He can't mention in the thread or it gets moved to vendors. Pm him.
Already heard from him.


Looking forward to its completion.
__________________
I ride not to add days to my life, but to add life to my days.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #274
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,258
Status Update

With the new boards in, we are finalizing what will be "in the box". We've decided to leave relatively short wires hanging off the PDU and use Weatherpack terminations for everything but the main battery connections. Weatherpacks are reasonably priced and of reasonable quality. It will allow you the greatest flexibility in your installations without me having to leave enormous lengths of wires attached. I believe it will make it easier to retrofit the PDU into existing installations as well.

Weathpack termination

Also on the agenda this weekend is the building of a test rig that I can use to conveniently test the PDU. The one I am building can sink 80A though it will be easy to increase that to 100A. This one will also have the ability to generate destructive transients of >200V in order to confirm the system is safe in automotive environments. I am only about half way through the build of this but the "honey do's" are piling up so it is time to call it a day. The last few parts should show up next week and I'll finish the build next weekend.

Test rig in progress
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #275
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,258
Indicator function added

I added a function to the PDU that allows you to program an input to make an output blink. This will allow you to easily setup indicator circuits which is the last function I needed to implement in order to reproduce all standard vehicle lighting functions.

Blink Function Added
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #276
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Charleston, SC, Elefant free zone
Oddometer: 241
Simply Amazing

CC,
I can't thank you enough for DualSportMaps! Absolutely the best motorcycle GPS AND Mapping system out there. This thing is way cool. You going to be exhibiting at any events this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
I added a function to the PDU that allows you to program an input to make an output blink. This will allow you to easily setup indicator circuits which is the last function I needed to implement in order to reproduce all standard vehicle lighting functions.

Blink Function Added
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #277
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
CC,
I can't thank you enough for DualSportMaps! Absolutely the best motorcycle GPS AND Mapping system out there. This thing is way cool. You going to be exhibiting at any events this year?
Many thanks. I am not the exhibition type but I suppose I will need to get the word out about this gizmo eventually. Right now I'm just focused on creating the coolest product I can. The rest of the details will fall into place later.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #278
cplus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cplus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: The Town of Friendy People, YFFs
Oddometer: 298
This is *very* cool. I'm in for a couple once the Kickstarter is up and running.
__________________
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #279
Iball
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: WTF am I doing in Kansas?
Oddometer: 208
I have absolutely zero need for this but 100% want one.
Iball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #280
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iball View Post
I have absolutely zero need for this but 100% want one.
There will be a group of people who really "needs" one of these gizmos. Then, there will be a group who really "wants" one of these gizmos. There is no shame in being in the latter group .
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #281
Iball
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: WTF am I doing in Kansas?
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
There will be a group of people who really "needs" one of these gizmos. Then, there will be a group who really "wants" one of these gizmos. There is no shame in being in the latter group .
I know. It's pure genius. Reminds me of when I building wireless remote temp and weather monitors overseas in the desert using Arduino-based micro-controllers. Each iteration kept getting smaller and smaller as I learned more and more. Even built a couple of mag-mount GPRS/GPS trackers in some Altoids tins so we could track down bedouin who would steal our equipment.
Can't wait to see the finished product - hopefully it's fairly small.
Iball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #282
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU
 
craftycoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 2,258
Here are some images for scale. That is a Toyota car key. The box is NOT a playing card box though. It is a slightly taller than normal card box.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Iball View Post
Can't wait to see the finished product - hopefully it's fairly small.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #283
Captain Excellent
+ll+
 
Captain Excellent's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
With the new boards in, we are finalizing what will be "in the box". We've decided to leave relatively short wires hanging off the PDU and use Weatherpack terminations for everything but the main battery connections. Weatherpacks are reasonably priced and of reasonable quality. It will allow you the greatest flexibility in your installations without me having to leave enormous lengths of wires attached. I believe it will make it easier to retrofit the PDU into existing installations as well.

Weathpack termination
I quite like this addition. It'll make setup much easier, and perhaps mobility between more than one bike.
Question though, will you be providing 'in the box' both the male and female connectors so that everything is there for that first installation?
I have a vision of that fateful Christmas Day when you get the really remote control car from Santa, but he forgot to include the batteries and you have to wait a few days till the shop is open again to buy some.
__________________
!
Captain Excellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #284
sierra_victor
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Carss Park, NSW
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Excellent View Post
I quite like this addition. It'll make setup much easier, and perhaps mobility between more than one bike.
Question though, will you be providing 'in the box' both the male and female connectors so that everything is there for that first installation?
I have a vision of that fateful Christmas Day when you get the really remote control car from Santa, but he forgot to include the batteries and you have to wait a few days till the shop is open again to buy some.
I also think is is a good addition, but these connectors are hard to find in Australia & maybe other far flung places on the earth.

Salty
sierra_victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #285
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Meadowlands, NJ (just east of the USA)
Oddometer: 1,797
Andersen connectors might be another option.

Standard - http://www.andersonpower.com/product...onnectors.html

Sealed style - http://www.andersonpower.com/product...onnectors.html

For the battery side connector, an SAE connector with a (optional?) harness that connects to the battery would be cool, since some dealers rig their bikes with an SAE harness on the battery, or it's easy enough to add.
__________________
-Lee
2013 Triumph Tiger 800
2008 Suzuki SV650n (Sold... I miss that bike...)
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014