Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
hayasakiman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
Yah but you ve got so many old scooter and bikes there that I would love to ride. One of the classic motorcycle clubs there offers a day course for 100 pounds where you can ride a host of old bikes including a 1915 triumph. You ve even get far more scooters there new that we ll never see. Burgman 125 and 250 etc. I guess you also laught when we bitch about gas costing 1.41 canadain a L this summer and it's down to 1.29.9 today. Must be 4 to 5 bucks over there.

Canadian oil prices should come down as production of oil from Oil Sands increase. I'm thinking.
hayasakiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #17
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasakiman View Post
Canadian oil prices should come down as production of oil from Oil Sands increase. I'm thinking.
Don't think so 2012 is suppost to be the peak year of world wild oil production which means no matter what it's all down here from now. Beside I think china is buying one of the biggest oil sands company so who knows what is what. Then again since the guys lives in England he might just head to his grandfathers shead and see if that old wood gasafier they use back in ww2 can be fit on a modern bike http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/...-gas-cars.html

I m guesing you have to state mile per wood palet . If your really want to read about then see this book : http://www.fao.org/docrep/T0512E/T0512e00.htm

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 04:05 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #18
MiniBike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Five miles? Lace up your shoes and walk. Could've been there by now.
MiniBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
Reverend12
Well there it is..

Oddometer: 1,412
Your gonna burn it up if ya tow it, I would not do that..
Reverend12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
hayasakiman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
Don't think so 2012 is suppost to be the peak year of world wild oil production which means no matter what it's all down here from now. Beside I think china is buying one of the biggest oil sands company so who knows what is what. Then again since the guys lives in England he might just head to his grandfathers shead and see if that old wood gasafier they use back in ww2 can be fit on a modern bike http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/...-gas-cars.html

I m guesing you have to state mile per wood palet . If your really want to read about then see this book : http://www.fao.org/docrep/T0512E/T0512e00.htm

Welcome to Alberta's Oil Sands the third-largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, next to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Through responsible development, advancement of technology and significant investment, the Government of Alberta in conjunction with industry seeks to enhance Alberta's role as a world-leading energy supplier. New projects are being added every year and production is expected to increase from 1.31 million barrels per day in 2008 to 3 million barrels per day in 2018, keeping pace with demand and providing a sound economic basis for the future.

Above in yellow is what I found on a web site, Alberta Energy. So, I thought the price would come down. But, what do I know.

Chinese is eyeing (eying) on offshore oil field around Japanese islands. And they are claiming those island are Chinese islands. See recent out break of anti-Japanese demonstrations through out China. There's no one living on those islands and Chinese didn't care at all until there was finding of potential rich oil under there. At least this is my understanding of recent events.

It is very frustrating to me.
hayasakiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasakiman View Post
Welcome to Alberta's Oil Sands the third-largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, next to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Through responsible development, advancement of technology and significant investment, the Government of Alberta in conjunction with industry seeks to enhance Alberta's role as a world-leading energy supplier. New projects are being added every year and production is expected to increase from 1.31 million barrels per day in 2008 to 3 million barrels per day in 2018, keeping pace with demand and providing a sound economic basis for the future.

Above in yellow is what I found on a web site, Alberta Energy. So, I thought the price would come down. But, what do I know.

Chinese is eyeing (eying) on offshore oil field around Japanese islands. And they are claiming those island are Chinese islands. See recent out break of anti-Japanese demonstrations through out China. There's no one living on those islands and Chinese didn't care at all until there was finding of potential rich oil under there. At least this is my understanding of recent events.

It is very frustrating to me.
The issue is china , and india build oil base nations where the cost of buying a car is cheap , eg 2500 india. It's not the fact that canada etc is producing tar sand oil it.s fact that demand is or soon will over take the supply that can be pumped. Both the usa millarty y and also the german millarty have commission studies that say that 2012 is the year of peak oil production. With Billions of People in China and india being able to pay for car etc you end up with the oil demand vs supply factor in. I really dought that cheap travel is going to around in 20 plus years. You might just have to tow that scooter with a mlule by then.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #22
lifer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
I do not know when those studies were done but I am guessing that was 10 years ago. That premise is wrong. There has been masive reserves found in Canada, USA, and many other countries within the last 5 years. There are more oil reserves now than when the original studies were done back in the 60s. North America within the next 10 years will have more oil reserves than the middle east has. The new hydrofracting process has even brought old oil fields back on line with estements that surpassed the original oil field capabilities. If the world does run out of fossel fuels it will not be for 50 or 60 years at least. The Canada oil sands are only profitable to extract oil as long as prices are above $70 a barrel. You will find that oil prices in North America will be lower than that within 2 years. Canada has several other oil fields that have been found in the last few years that are conventional fields and are cheaper to extract the oil from so the oil sands will be relegated to production only when the price of crude demands it. The oil industry is going crazzy right now because of all the oil being found throughout the world. The data on these new oil fields will not be included in many nations official reserves for another few years because of the hoops that the oil industry has to jump through to have them counted. The bottom line is that I would not invest in the oil sands or in the oil industry in general right now because stock prices are going to fall. It would be better to wait a few years until the smoke clears and see who is left standing. there are going to be several casuaties in the oil buissness when the price goes down. Look at what is happening with cng and propane. The price of propane has fallen 40% just in the past year.

lifer screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 02:19 AM
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 809
The world will not run out of oil during the lifetime of anyone living currently. Published oil reserves are based on SEC definitions for prospectus and annual reports which basically means is actually in production or will be in production within the next 2 years. It has nothing to do with what is actually in the ground and can be extracted either with current technology, price of oil that makes it possible or future technology. http://www.instituteforenergyresearc...reserves-myth/ is basically accurate.
cdwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #24
SPOFF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Every generation since the 1850s has been told we're soon to run out of petroleum.
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote