Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #46
jazzer
Lost again... Yeah!

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock View Post
Prius, Prius, Prius!!

I love the way they are still smiling when they come into your lane... as if to say "Isn't it a beautiful day".
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #47
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man View Post
Honorable Mention
... in lowered Volkswagens
Behind me, they're almost always on my rear tire. In front of me, they're driving v-e-r-y slowly in recognizance of their 1.5" of ground clearance.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Don't be baggin' on my Golf. I know it's low. Of course, it can also barely get out of its own way even on stock suspension, so......
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #48
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,071
I don't mind old drivers, distracted drivers and slow Prius drivers 1/10th as much as the new scourge of this area:

the hyper aggressive Escalade driver.

Every time I see nothing but grill in my mirror it is some asshole in an Escalade. Male or female doesn't seem to matter. For some reason that vehicle turns everybody that drives one into a tailgating, aggressive driving, asshole. I don't mind playing traffic pinball with texters and getting moved over by people that want my spot in a lane. That is just DC metro area traffic. But I come to believe that Escalade drivers really will go out of their way to kill me.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 05:05 AM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #49
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
In Seattle at least it has to be Prius drivers who drive as fast as a turtle dragging a ball and chain. I don't know if they're just retarded or trying to squeeze ever last foot of mileage out of a gallon of gas. I know a Prius can go faster because the cabbies who drive them seem able to get them up to speed.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #50
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,971
In Mass you look out for anyone with a green text license plate. The state switched to red/blue plates about 15 years ago. But they don't force you to trade in your old green plates.

Many people keep transferring them over to new cars as some sort of status symbol. That act of self importance is always reflected in how they drive. Or the green plate is on a 1988 Buick with a half blind old timer behind the wheel.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #51
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,022
Make of car doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference around here. There are idiots and aggressive whack jobs in everything. I'll provide a couple that seem to have more than their fair share of people I stay the fuck away from:

-Old beat up Dodge/Crhysler K-cars. Usually falling apart, running poorly, with mismatched tires and nine times out of ten driven by illegal immigrants with no license or insurance.

-Honda CRVs. Either driven by old men or moms with babies in the back, and usually driven with absolutely no regard for anyone else on the road. My two most series near-hits were perpetrated by CRVs... Not necessarily aggressive, but just...clueless.

-Priuses! Around here, for whatever reason, they are all driven by speed demons. They will tailgate, cut you off, floor it from every intersection, etc. I don't get it. Something to prove?

-Kids in Mustang V8s with aftermarket exhausts. Yikes. All kinds of bad ju ju right there

-90s Ford Expeditions and, to a lesser extent Explorers. Good god, these drivers are almost exclusively terrible and terrifying.

-Lawn care trucks. Dangerous loads that are never secured properly, and always dropping leaves and clippings all over the road. Sometimes gravel too...

-Any kind of work van for anything. Driver always late, always stressed, always on the cell phone. More dangerous loads, but often better secured (you hope.)

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #52
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Subaru drivers are the most self absorbed, selfish, elitist pricks on the road.

Prius drivers just think we owe them something because they are ignorant of the fact that their piece of shit box little car does more damage to the environment than a normal petrol driven car.

When we moved to Durango CO we thought they issued Subaru Outbacks at the border..... And what a joy to get stuck behind one, two, or a heard of them (or RV's) going across 550.

Sister and Bro inlaw drive Prius and we have had this conversation............I get the dead eye look and the famous "But it gets 11TBillion miles per gallon"!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #53
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 952
The DC metro area is chock-full of lousy drivers, but the worst is the damn Priuses. Aside from their ponderously slow pace and general indifference to driving skill, they're the most sanctimonious, smug bastards on the road.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #54
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

Oddometer: 315
+ "The DC metro area is chock-full of lousy drivers, but the worst is the damn Priuses. Aside from their ponderously slow pace and general indifference to driving skill, they're the most sanctimonious, smug bastards on the road."

I got punted by a Lincoln Navigator and still hate being near a Prius
Lorretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #55
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
The DC metro area is chock-full of lousy drivers, but the worst is the damn Priuses. Aside from their ponderously slow pace and general indifference to driving skill, they're the most sanctimonious, smug bastards on the road.
Like I said in a previous post.....driving on the Beltway can best be described as "combat driving/riding". Pin it and hope for the best!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #56
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
Audi drivers here.

Don't know if they're wannabe BMWs and have a chip on their shoulder. Back when I was more conversant in car brands, they were cheaper than Beemers, don't think that's the case any more? At any rate maybe it's a legacy thing.

Reminds me of when I used to surf in LA, the body boarders (not talking about the kiddies or tourists) were really aggressive compared to the stand-up surfers. Because they were looked down upon?

Yeah, I know, pop psychology at it's worst, but then we're in the land of "myths".

Indeed that is the case here. You can almost guarantee if they are driving like a plug they are driving a Audi around here.
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Like I said in a previous post.....driving on the Beltway can best be described as "combat driving/riding". Pin it and hope for the best!
lol. I always called my commute in the city as "combat commuting." Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #58
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
In Seattle at least it has to be Prius drivers who drive as fast as a turtle dragging a ball and chain. I don't know if they're just retarded or trying to squeeze ever last foot of mileage out of a gallon of gas. I know a Prius can go faster because the cabbies who drive them seem able to get them up to speed.
It's this gem right here;

They are too busy masturbating while watching the display.

Then someone noticed their mpg average coincedentally drop a tenth just after using their turn signal. They being the highly intelligent planet saving folks they are, thought it must save the planet even more if they never used them again.

It's off to the Prius Forum to post in the "what's your best mpg thread" to share the solution to global warming.
Idle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #59
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,200
Least favorite cagers....

In descending order:

#3. Pruis owners... for all the reasons everyone has already posted. But there are only a couple Prius owners where I live, and they're easy to avoid.

#2. Old, slow drivers. I live in a retirement area, and there are lots of half-blind, well-medicated senior citizens around here who either can't see you or drive very, very slowly. But I'm sort of okay with this, because my parents belong to this group, and I try to have a little empathy. I just wait for a good stretch of road to pass and go around them. Annoying, but not a huge problem.

#1. Soccer moms talking on their cell phones in a minivan or SUV. 99% of my problems on the road/street can be attributed to this narrow demographic. They drive too fast on city streets. They aren't paying attention because they're texting or talking on the phone. On the highway, they drive slowly in the left lane while talking on their cell phone, completely oblivious to me, who's trying to pass them. I also live across from a middle school, and it's unbelievable how many times I have been nearly hit by the overprotective bitches who feel the need to drop off their spawn at school instead of sticking the little fuckers on a bus, while clogging up the roads in the morning and mid-afternoon.

Rant over. Now I'm off to my anger management session.

All great truths began as blasphemies.
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #60
the_sandman_454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Around here most of these traits are displayed across vehicle brands, not limited to one:

Inattentive:

Those drivers who think of the cage as a place to read, put on makeup, play with electronics, watch a movie, and damn near anything else other than attempting to safely navigate a several thousand pound human guided missile down the road.

Timid:

People who have no concept of how the process of merging is supposed to work. These people may also be inattentive as the root cause. Screw that whole matching the speed of gaps in traffic, I'll just mosey on and folks will move for me. When they don't, I'll just panic at the end of the ramp and stop.

Weather induced stupidity:

This is a broad category, but for some reason the same people who get overly cautious during a rain storm want to set the land speed record on snow or ice. I cannot even begin to imagine the thought process behind this one.

The "courteous" driver:

You've all seen them before, the ones who have the right of way yet motion to someone else to go instead. Look, you're not doing anybody any favors and are infact creating a traffic hazard. There are rules in place to make peoples' actions a bit more standardized and thereby avoid the sort of random chaos you're trying to create.

The left lane lurker:

This category involves my biggest peeve. What is so difficult about the concept of pass and return to the right lane? Does the wheel only turn to the left? Nobody has a clue what your intention is while you lurk in the left lane, and you create a hazard by forcing everyone to pass on your right. This can be caused by stupidity, laziness, inattentiveness, or just plain selfishness. Whatever the cause, the solution needs to be a massive law enforcement effort ticketing each and every one of these drivers rather than speeders. Just say 'no' to cruising in the left lane.

I think those are the big ones for now. As I mentioned, I've seen people in about every class of vehicle from the smallest to the biggest commit these at one time or another.
the_sandman_454 is online now   Reply With Quote