Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #61
dirtrulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
What has this country come to when the government will pay for the wheelchair of some fata$$ who cant stop eating but wont help out someone in real need. Sometime it is just embarrassing.
dirtrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #62
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,550
Donation made.

Every piece of crap DUI I arrest, I think about people like Trevor, whose lives get destroyed because of another person's stupidity and selfishness.

Stay strong, man. Keep getting better.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #63
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 480
what is life ?

OK, I was surfing RR tonight and I started reading this " 1st RR" classic bikes, young dudes, I'm in. The 1st 5-8 posts are from the OP, they are terrific. I'm ready to send this message " Your skill is behind the keyboards !" So then I see this RR started a couple years ago.......... lazy people like me think 1st time ride reports are in they're immediate memory, Wrong on this one. So I dug a little deeper, reading posts on every couple pages, just to make sure my original post would be copacetic. That must really be a word because it doesn't have a red underline............ It was heartbreaking to hear of your 1 v 1 against a car. that has happened before and data will prove the car injuries can be "wild cards" for doctors, I believe being surrounded by who you love, always wins . "So, i'd lke to say, I hope you are recovering well. Brain and what you love, will break through anything any "DOCTOR" has written a thesis on. Somebody get him on the back of a vintage Honda and somebody please, begin his process of writing. this is a job for those who love him the most, and feel him like he feels himself. Smiles and hugs, the poor mans medical bag. I wish you the best and I believe the best will be the result. Paul Franze: IceCreamSoldier

!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #64
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,822
my name is Bret, I live in Little Rock, where Trevor is currently staying. I have became heavily involved with Trevor's recovery as well as raising funds for his rehabilitation. As it stands right now according to Trevor's mother Pam, Felicia has decided to bow out, so any Paypal donations should go to his personal account, boxnife@gmail,com, as well as the ever ribbon account. Trevor is at a critical spot right now; it has been a year since his accident, and his physical condition is improving, but his mental state is in a bit of a downturn due to relationship "changes". We have arranged for a local inmate to provide a sidecar as a way to give Trevor a chance to get back out on a bike and also provide him with motivation to continue his therapy and not lose hope. We plan on having the local media in attendance as way to generate awareness and hopefully some much needed funds, as medicaire is being very slow to react to Trevor's changing needs. Please check the kerncountykid sticky over in inmates, as well as "this should never have happened", also in inmates; we try to keep everyone posted on Trevor's progress. He is a remarkable young man, and Pam told me that the vast majority of their support is coming from the ADV community, seems like we misfits stick together, so please keep your support coming in. We are using this forum as a way to keep Trevor connected, so post away as well, and be charitable when his responses are sometimes a bit strange, as he's getting things sorted out in his mind... one this is for sure, he loves motorcyles, Hondas in particular.
dogjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
my name is Bret, I live in Little Rock, where Trevor is currently staying. I have became heavily involved with Trevor's recovery as well as raising funds for his rehabilitation. As it stands right now according to Trevor's mother Pam, Felicia has decided to bow out, so any Paypal donations should go to his personal account, boxnife@gmail,com, as well as the ever ribbon account. Trevor is at a critical spot right now; it has been a year since his accident, and his physical condition is improving, but his mental state is in a bit of a downturn due to relationship "changes". We have arranged for a local inmate to provide a sidecar as a way to give Trevor a chance to get back out on a bike and also provide him with motivation to continue his therapy and not lose hope. We plan on having the local media in attendance as way to generate awareness and hopefully some much needed funds, as medicaire is being very slow to react to Trevor's changing needs. Please check the kerncountykid sticky over in inmates, as well as "this should never have happened", also in inmates; we try to keep everyone posted on Trevor's progress. He is a remarkable young man, and Pam told me that the vast majority of their support is coming from the ADV community, seems like we misfits stick together, so please keep your support coming in. We are using this forum as a way to keep Trevor connected, so post away as well, and be charitable when his responses are sometimes a bit strange, as he's getting things sorted out in his mind... one this is for sure, he loves motorcyles, Hondas in particular.

This is a tragedy. What is his state like now? Will you guys be able to get him piloting a motorcycle again soon or is this years down the road?

Is seeing Trevor possible? Id like to pay a visit..
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #66
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,070
Here's the thread in Inmates. Sorry to hear about Felicia. Guess there is only so much you can take.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #67
dogjaw
plays well alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post

This is a tragedy. What is his state like now? Will you guys be able to get him piloting a motorcycle again soon or is this years down the road?

Is seeing Trevor possible? Id like to pay a visit..
Visits are greatly appreciated; just PM me so I can make sure that Trevor is not in therapy... A good deal of his support is coming from the ADV community, and it means a lot to him to receive some attention from fellow die hards. He truly is a special guy, and it frustrates him to no end that he isn't able to get back on a bike. I can't hazard a guess when this could be possible, but I don't think I've ever met anyone as determined; his mom caught him on the phone at 4AM with a night guard at Paramount Studios, trying to sell them his story, so I have to think that he can accomplish just about anything with the proper motivation.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #68
dogjaw
plays well alone

We are hosting a ride for Trevor this Saturday the 7th in Little Rock, Ar; he is unable to ride a motorcycle, but an inmate has donated the use of his side car... If interested, please PM me for details.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #69
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 727
Donation sent. Thanks to the folks that organized the donation page, ride, etc. You guys make the world a better place.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #70
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
We are hosting a ride for Trevor this Saturday the 7th in Little Rock, Ar; he is unable to ride a motorcycle, but an inmate has donated the use of his side car... If interested, please PM me for details.
ghead: And I'm in PA. I'm not sure when I'll be near little rock, but I'll pm you then and work out a time to visit.

Hope Trevor enjoys the ride!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #71
dogjaw
plays well alone

Bring it on, love to have you...

The ride forTrevor is taking on a life if its own; already mucho more response than I anticipated, with local media outlets in attendance, will post pics here and in inmates
Old 09-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #72
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Cool. To clarify I'm on a road trip and currently in PA; I'm from Pensacola FL so prolly in a month or so I'll be down that way. Look forward to it.

Good to hear about the involvement there; look forward to the pics..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #73
kerncountykid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
this is Bret posting with Trevor right here; we took him out on an extended side car ride today, the first time back on a bike since he was hit a year ago. Trevor says to tell everyone he had a great time and pictures will be posted up tonight. According to Trevor should get a side car to give him rides
kerncountykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #74
Thumpstart92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Today was Trevor's Support Ride where we put him in a friends sidecar and rode out to Pinnacle Mtn with a convoy of 60-75 riders ranging from sport bikes, cruisers and ADVers.

A few of us met him at his apartment to get him loaded up. That's Trevor with his mom Pam and his grandfather
His Chariot awaits him

He's ready to Rock n' Roll

Throwing up the Peace sign. He said he never did the ADV salute. The peace sign was more of his style

The riders in front of us

And behind us

After we met up at Pinnacle we had 2 news stations and the Newspaper Interview Trevor, Dogjaw and Pam. Very emotional Pam said she hadn't seen Trevor smile like that in a long time.

His future is so bright he has to wear shades. And it really is. Getting better every day.

A big shout out to the A State boys for really showing their support and ADVers we had some people come from a few hours away to show support. Its truly people like this that make this world a better place.

A place to donate if you feel the desire.

https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #75
cleandirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
A big thanks to dogjaw and Thumpstarter92 for organizing this ride. Brett and Zach are a couple of great guys who really did something special for Trevor and everyone involved. I can't say enough good things about them. It was great seeing Trevor out having fun.
cleandirt is offline   Reply With Quote