User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #76
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
:cool:

Good to see Trevor had a good time. Hopefully there will be more rides to come and hopefully with Trevor piloting a Honda
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #77
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,926
Edit

dogjaw screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 06:33 PM
dogjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #78
dogjaw
plays well alone

https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #79
dogjaw
plays well alone

dogjaw screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 06:34 PM
Old 09-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #80
dogjaw
plays well alone

Let's let it go; waaaay too much good was done yesterday, I'm not going to let this "step on my buzz"; will go back and moderate my post.

I say put your money where you're mouth is and donate, not you, D.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #81
ZEmann
want to be riding

Oddometer: 640
I also hope Trevor is back on two wheels soon !

ZEmann screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 07:57 PM
ZEmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #82
Rusty Shovel
Banned

Oddometer: 67
I'm sorry for your friend's troubles, and I hope he recovers quickly and gets back in the saddle soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
Is that a troll?
I hesitate to wade into this, but people smoked at the outdoor service of my aunt, who died of lung cancer. I remember thinking that it was odd. I was a smoker back then, but I would never have lit up anywhere near the service.

It shouldn't be forgotten, though, that those (few) people without helmets were THERE. They were there to show love and give support. And for that, I salute them.

I didn't get the impression that Whec meant to be "holier than Thou." I think he was genuinely surprised to see people without helmets at this specific event. I'm sure he didn't mean to "step in it."

Lets be nice.

Rusty Shovel
D==[#)
Rusty Shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #83
dogjaw
plays well alone

[QUOTE=Rusty Shovel;22283757]I'm sorry for your friend's troubles, and I hope he recovers quickly and gets back in the saddle soon.

It shouldn't be forgotten, though, that those (few) people without helmets were THERE. They were there to show love and give support. And for that, I salute them.

Let's please leave it at this, and remember that we have a lost a true adventurer and gifted writer, at least until the time he regains his old self.

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite...._ridealong.mp4
Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #84
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,431
[QUOTE=dogjaw;22284155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shovel View Post
Let's please leave it at this, and remember that we have a lost a true adventurer and gifted writer, at least until the time he regains his old self.

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite...._ridealong.mp4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
dogjaw
plays well alone

posted in Inmates, deserves reposting here:

I've been following this story for a while and wanted to write to offer Trevor some encouragement. Ten years ago last week I was T-boned on the res in northern AZ on my bike. Woman had no insurance. Major damage, lots of broken bones, wheelchairs, surgeries, more surgeries, and more surgeries. Lots of things I can't do anymore that I used to love. But none of that is the point.

The point is that the journey back to some semblance of a normal life is long and difficult but so worth it. The doctors lie and say you'll be better in no time but it doesn't work that way. It took me four years to get back to a "normal" life and even then I contiue to deal with permanent damage to this day. Life will never be the same as it was....but....it goes on and it is good. I remember getting so discouraged at the endless progression of surgery, rehab, surgery, rehab, surgery, rehab. But what I want to say to Trevor is that the last couple of years have been the best years of my life. If someone had told me at about year three that the best years of my life were ahead of me I would have laughed at them. I thought it was done. I thought I would live some sort of diminished existance forever. But that was not the case and I am betting that is not the case for Trevor either. He is such a neat guy and has been working so hard...he will be rewarded richly. Every day of my life has become a bonus, a gift not to be squandered. Things that used to bother me don't even register anymore. That is the pay off for all his hard work. On those days when it all seemed overwhelming, I would just tell myself that if I could put it aside for just 24 hours, tomorrow will be better. It usually was. One day at a time. But it IS worth it. I wish you joy, and happiness, and health Trevor. I continue to follow your story and send healing thoughts your way. Donation on the way and T-shirt ordered. Peace to you.

Go for a ride in that hack as soon as you are able... __________________
---------------------------------------------
Look for smooth water in wild places. Risk much and gain everything.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #86
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
posted in Inmates, deserves reposting here:

I've been following this story for a while and wanted to write to offer Trevor some encouragement. Ten years ago last week I was T-boned on the res in northern AZ on my bike. Woman had no insurance. Major damage, lots of broken bones, wheelchairs, surgeries, more surgeries, and more surgeries. Lots of things I can't do anymore that I used to love. But none of that is the point.

The point is that the journey back to some semblance of a normal life is long and difficult but so worth it. The doctors lie and say you'll be better in no time but it doesn't work that way. It took me four years to get back to a "normal" life and even then I contiue to deal with permanent damage to this day. Life will never be the same as it was....but....it goes on and it is good. I remember getting so discouraged at the endless progression of surgery, rehab, surgery, rehab, surgery, rehab. But what I want to say to Trevor is that the last couple of years have been the best years of my life. If someone had told me at about year three that the best years of my life were ahead of me I would have laughed at them. I thought it was done. I thought I would live some sort of diminished existance forever. But that was not the case and I am betting that is not the case for Trevor either. He is such a neat guy and has been working so hard...he will be rewarded richly. Every day of my life has become a bonus, a gift not to be squandered. Things that used to bother me don't even register anymore. That is the pay off for all his hard work. On those days when it all seemed overwhelming, I would just tell myself that if I could put it aside for just 24 hours, tomorrow will be better. It usually was. One day at a time. But it IS worth it. I wish you joy, and happiness, and health Trevor. I continue to follow your story and send healing thoughts your way. Donation on the way and T-shirt ordered. Peace to you.

Go for a ride in that hack as soon as you are able... __________________
---------------------------------------------
Look for smooth water in wild places. Risk much and gain everything.
I don't wish to diminish the gravity of what you're saying, but I think that's why many of us advers like traveling by motorcycle. Motorcycles give us lower lows and higher highs than a car, and humans are addicted to feeling in general.

By this I mean I agree with you and am going through a similar experience. A year ago I was completely down and out and now I'm living the life on the road. You get to appreciate the good times so much more when you have scars to reflect on. My situation was definitely not as severe as yours or Trevor's, but I can relate.

I hope Trevor gets to feel that high on a Honda on a road out there somewhere soon. He deserves it after the shit he's been put through. And while he might struggle with ever gaining absolute parity with where he was physically (not sure completely the extent of his injuries), he might gain a perspective that will replace or even exceed what he has lost. Thanks for posting dogjaw
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #87
dogjaw
plays well alone

Wow; great words... I am forwarding to Pam.

She had some stickers made for Saturday's event; a little too big to work well on a helmet or bike. I'm checking today on getting a more suitable design, will keep you posted.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #88
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
Wow; great words... I am forwarding to Pam.

She had some stickers made for Saturday's event; a little too big to work well on a helmet or bike. I'm checking today on getting a more suitable design, will keep you posted.

Please do. I don't have stickers on my bike but one with that message I'll buy and mount for sure. Just a thought, but with so many bikes having white plastic, what about the words in black and the moto/rider in black on a white sticker? Kind of takes the detail out and makes it more of a question aesthetically you know? Makes you wonder where the bike is, who's on it and makes the question stick.

Regardless of design, I'm in.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #89
dogjaw
plays well alone

Dollar bill shown for size reference, printing them in white, also in black

Old 09-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #90
dogjaw
plays well alone

This is good stuff; scroll down the page of donators and check out how many on the list are Inmates.

dogjaw screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 10:28 PM