Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
jbhawley OP
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 424
2014 International PC800 Ride-In-Day (Jan 4, 2014)

International Pacific Coast Ride in Day...

First ride of the year, New Suggestion. The First Saturday of January, have a ride in to a local big city and meet up for lunch. There are many that live maybe 1 to 2 hours from a large city and never see each other than during riding season. Some have good weather year round, and others don’t. I propose that the first Saturday in January as International Pacific Coast ride in day. Someone pick a city or town, a meeting place, like a restaurant, we all like to eat, Pick a time, Lunch would be good, and have a ride in. No planning a ride route, just call the restaurant ahead and reserve seating for who plans to show up. Just make contact in the group and set it up. Who knows, maybe the IPCRC could use the internet and have a big skype ride in, now that would be truly an internet riders club.

Weather permitting, riding the PC would be optional, but bonus points would be awarded to those who brave the elements.

For Eastern/Central NC. Southeastern/Central VA and maybe northern SC area:
Scooters Bar and Grill (http://www.scootersbar.com/index.php)
Raleigh NC
Saturday January 4, 2014
Time: I'd guess around 11-ish and then meet-greet, eat lunch and mingle through mid-afternoon.

The Honda shop is across town in Garner for a show-n-tell and wouldn't it be a hoot to crash the Harley shop on the way!

There are a few other PC800 events taking place at the same date/time. I have heard of one in Toronto in conjunction with the Motorcycle Show held on the same date in Toronto.

DISCLAIMER: I cannot take credit for this idea...I swiped it from the IPCRC yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/i...tions/messages

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote