motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 193
in!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #34
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Bonebag,

I'm an off-road enthusiast from Maine who runs an Moto Adventure company out of Peru, South America looking to share what we do. Is this the event for that kind of thing?

Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet

charapa screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 07:04 AM
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
foxfire
YRUYUR?

Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
...Moto Adventure company out of Peru, South America looking to share what we do.
Overnighter to Peru?! IN!
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #36
Bonebag OP
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,373
Quote:
Bonebag,

I'm an off-road enthusiast from Maine who runs an Moto Adventure company out of Peru, South America looking to share what we do. Is this the event for that kind of thing?

Toby
Toby...This is a Moto Adventure event in Wisconsin....you're more than welcome to come out and play and share...
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonebag View Post
Toby...This is a Moto Adventure event in Wisconsin....you're more than welcome to come out and play and share...
Bonebag,

THX for the invite! I know I can come, but what I sort of am asking is if you have a time where people give reports of trips/tours with pix and video?

We will have recently chased the Dakar 2013 down the coast of Peru cheering on the ADV favorites !

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #38
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,812
We try to ensure that our local meet and greets (where we get together for social reasons) are not viewed as opportunities for people to make sales pitches. I hope that we protect the Central Rally from this as well.

I mean no offense to anyone that wants to promote their business. Completely understandable, but perhaps not appropriate at these social events. It does work well to send a catalog or brochure for someone that might be interested.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #39
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
We try to ensure that our local meet and greets (where we get together for social reasons) are not viewed as opportunities for people to make sales pitches. I hope that we protect the Central Rally from this as well.

I mean no offense to anyone that wants to promote their business. Completely understandable, but perhaps not appropriate at these social events. It does work well to send a catalog or brochure for someone that might be interested.
No, you get me wrong! I meant to just come just as an ADV inmate and share personal rides/experiences about riding in Peru (have lived there 30 years). No sales, no pitches, no pamphlets!

Talk to grant Johnson, I have shared at HU meeting about a father-son coming of age 10,000 km dirt bike ride around South America.

Toby

Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #40
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,812
Quote:
No, you get me wrong! I meant to just come just as an ADV inmate and share personal rides/experiences about riding in Peru (have lived there 30 years). No sales, no pitches, no pamphlets!

Talk to grant Johnson, I have shared at HU meeting about a father-son coming of age 10,000 km dirt bike ride around South America.

Toby
Much better proposition.

Quote:
Bonebag,

Toby
But a little different than what you intially described.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #41
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry, shouldn't have mentioned the tour company. It IS what I do to be able to stay in Peru. But what I wanted to share was about the rides we do among friends who grew up together in South America.

Every 3 years (since 1998) we do an EPIC (at least 30 day) ride together. Next one will be a 66-day, 4 South American countries, catching a World Cup Soccer game in Brazil, and riding to the "Lost World" plateau on the border of Bolivia/Brazil (the place that spawned the idea of 'Jurassic Park') and Iguazu Falls just mention a few.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #42
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,924
Ok, to summarize.

No sales shit at the rally (unless you are donating prizes, then you are a sponsor, but get the rally coordinators permission which isn't me despite what Cannon says).

But if you plan on attending to do some riding and to talk with like minded individuals about your adventures and have a good time around the campfire, then yes, this is exactly what the rally is for/about.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #43
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Ok, to summarize.

No sales shit at the rally (unless you are donating prizes, then you are a sponsor, but get the rally coordinators permission which isn't me despite what Cannon says).

But if you plan on attending to do some riding and to talk with like minded individuals about your adventures and have a good time around the campfire, then yes, this is exactly what the rally is for/about.
No sales shit!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,924
Quote:
No sales shit!
Excellent! See you there!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #45
Bonebag OP