ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #106
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by csustewy View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post those amazing pictures and videos! Mongolia certainly does seem like one big campsite. One really big, mountainous, cold campsite.

I look forward to seeing the TA in action once again in Siberia. (Which, by the way, sounds an awful lot to me like one really big, cold campsite... but I'm sure it has some fantastic riding tracks!)
The TA will enter Russia from Mongolia on about 10July. ETA Magadan early August, heading via western BAM, Yakutsk and (ideally) Old Summer Road.

The weather in summer isn't usually that cold (or wet) in Mongolia. The biggest hazard in Siberia will be the mossies, I think. Hopefully the rain will stay away and there'll be no forest fires either.
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #107
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
Having written quite a few ride reports myself, I know that it is fun to read comments and answer questions. Thank you so much for sharing your trip. Now that I live in Europe, I'm looking forward to my new "back yard"
With ADVrider having so much traffic in it's RR section, people are spoiled for choice. Some of the threads are justifiably very popular, others.... well... Tastes are different.

Switzerland is very pretty for riding, but you'll have to look further afield for any off pavement riding.
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #108
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool
 
DantesDame's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Switzerland is very pretty for riding, but you'll have to look further afield for any off pavement riding.
That's the plan
__________________
You don't know unless you ask.

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #109
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
That's the plan
Get yourself over to Romania. Lots of opportunities for getting off the pavement (also nice people, pretty women, good and cheap food and beer). Here's a start for your research: http://www.enduromania.net/en/index.php?id=1
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #110
Colebatch
"Moto Porn"ographer
 
Colebatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Schmocation
Oddometer: 3,953
About time Brighty.

And yes, excellent definition
__________________
*** New Sibirsky Extreme Trail DVD Trailer HERE ***
Moroccan Extreme 2011 DVD available HERE
World Motorcycle Altitude Record video HERE
Sibirsky Extreme - The Home of Adventure Motorcycling in Siberia and Mongolia - On Facebook
Colebatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #111
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool
 
DantesDame's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Get yourself over to Romania. Lots of opportunities for getting off the pavement (also nice people, pretty women, good and cheap food and beer). Here's a start for your research: http://www.enduromania.net/en/index.php?id=1
Yes - Romania. It is high on my list - thanks for the link! And maybe the "pretty women" will be more interesting to my husband than me
__________________
You don't know unless you ask.

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #112
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
Yes - Romania. It is high on my list - thanks for the link! And maybe the "pretty women" will be more interesting to my husband than me
Oooops There's me assuming a advrider inmates are balding beardy blokes! I've been told that all Romanian men are rich/handsome/charming/totally unlike Vlad Dracul etc. too.
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #113
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool
 
DantesDame's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Oooops There's me assuming a advrider inmates are balding beardy blokes! I've been told that all Romanian men are rich/handsome/charming/totally unlike Vlad Dracul etc. too.
That's ok and understandable. I realize that "my kind" aren't too common on this board

If you ever need a couch/garage in Switzerland, drop me a line!
__________________
You don't know unless you ask.

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #114
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
That's ok and understandable. I realize that "my kind" aren't too common on this board

If you ever need a couch/garage in Switzerland, drop me a line!
Many thanks for the kind offer. The same offer to you and your husband if you're ever passing through West Yorkshire in England.

There's some pics and a video of Romania at http://www.thebrightstuff.com/romania2008overview.htm
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #115
potski
Wiley Wanderer
 
potski's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: In the mountains
Oddometer: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Get yourself over to Romania. Lots of opportunities for getting off the pavement (also nice people, pretty women, good and cheap food and beer). Here's a start for your research: http://www.enduromania.net/en/index.php?id=1

Oh dear Chris a man after my own heart, stricken with foot in mouth disease.... I'm the same!!

At least you didn't mention the "functional" word

Thanks for finishing up the great RR; looking forward to more ChrisUK adventures in the future.

Ride safe.

Cheers
Potski
__________________
Show us your best ever Transalp photos/videos here and Potski Films here & here and Potski Photos

"Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheen
potski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #116
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by potski View Post
Oh dear Chris a man after my own heart, stricken with foot in mouth disease.... I'm the same!!

At least you didn't mention the "functional" word

Thanks for finishing up the great RR; looking forward to more ChrisUK adventures in the future.

Ride safe.

Cheers
Potski
Good that I missed the F-word

Glad you liked the report!
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #117
Steve canyon
Adventurer
 
Steve canyon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: London
Oddometer: 70
Great Stuff

Loving it Chris....getting me all excited...

Buzz ya the weekend :


Is this trip possible in October, or would I freeze to death?..

__________________
More here..
Steve canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #118
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve canyon View Post
Loving it Chris....getting me all excited...

Buzz ya the weekend :


Is this trip possible in October, or would I freeze to death?..

Hi Chris
Yeh, give me a buzz. Will be at the Superbikes at Donington, so could be a bit loud in the background.

October would be seriously pushing it. Lots of snow/rain etc. Best to check a weather website though. I was there in the summer (and had snow in Mongolia!).
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #119
Steve canyon
Adventurer
 
Steve canyon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: London
Oddometer: 70
How Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUK View Post
Hi Chris
Yeh, give me a buzz. Will be at the Superbikes at Donington, so could be a bit loud in the background.

October would be seriously pushing it. Lots of snow/rain etc. Best to check a weather website though. I was there in the summer (and had snow in Mongolia!).
Have a good one at Donington

Maybe Octobers out..

Hope to see you on telly

Will Call
__________________
More here..
Steve canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #120
ChrisUK OP
Studly Adventurer
 
ChrisUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: God's Own County
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve canyon View Post
Have a good one at Donington

Maybe Octobers out..

Hope to see you on telly

Will Call

The HUBB is the best place for your research on the lands of Borat and Genghis. If you do go the Kaz, leave the green mankini at home! Sasha Baron Cohen body-doubles aren't welcome there

I'm heading to Donington on my Af Twin. Do you recon they'll give me a wild card entry on the grid?
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014