User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,164
Ch-ching!
I'm hoping to start a small project -- with zero skills & resources. Sounds like lots of expertise could be congregating here. Capitol idea, my good man!
Guano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!

Oddometer: 1,702
I'm learning my way around this. I'm working on the first of what I hope to be many machined and composite products. Not really motorcycle related per say but fun.

Trying to find someone that can help put some of my ideas into a physical form for a reasonable cost.

Need some fairly high quality machine work.

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 F650GS DAKAR
2 KLR650s Travel bikes http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/
Xtremjeepn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
jesusgatos, good idea, thanks.

cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
SpeedyK
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghartha View Post
Unfortunately it's irrelevant now. I got laid off this morning. :(
Sounds like opportunity knocking...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,332
Sent Baldy a PM when I started this thread, but can anybody bring it to his attention? Think a lot of us might really appreciate something like this, and hope we can make it happen.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
Daryl_Stamp
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Great idea, I can do some CAD work from where I am now (converting your napkin sketch / concept into a CAD file), machine work when I return from my current gig.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 690
I can help

I have full CAD and a full manual machine shop at my house. All offers or help is welcome. Great concept. Will work for beer....and of course, will sign an NDA.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
DirtyOldMan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Subscribed. Gotta lotta ideas floating around in my brain for M/C and cabinet shop applications. They are frequently stymied by my lack of machining resources.

13 650 Terra

96 R1100R
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #24
metlcutr55
LongGoneDaddy

Oddometer: 883

saw this thread, was forming my reply, before i posted, boom - appendicitis. so ive been out of the loop for 3+ weeks. i work full time for the last couple years at a local cnc shop, but for the previous 12 yrs worked full time in my own shop and still have it. 3 axis cnc knee mill, very small manual lathe. cad-cam, saws, drill presses, inspection tools, yada yada. also a 17" x 40" cnc eng lathe, but with a bad cnc control. that control will be replaced in the next 4 months or so, depending on how much $ i can make part timing on the mill. have already worked with a couple adv'ers, always willing to talk, if i believe in a project i can be flexible and willing to "donate" time, at least on the front end. send a pm, ill send a phone#, it will be my shops#. leave your#, ill likely not be there, but ill return the call, lets chat. even if its just some advice you want, mine not always the best but its free. unless youre one of the bankers, lawyers, etc that stole all the money in the last big market crash and drove me back into my new fulltime job, in that case, its $500 an hour.

I am what you may call the 8th wonder.
Hey look out boys, get out the way, ladies get in line.
I aint perfect but almost, I'm dyin' if I'm lyin'
metlcutr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

Oddometer: 2,219
I have full industrial textile capabilities. A commercial walking foot sewing machine is the center of the shop. Can make bags and luggage, repairs and alterations to riding gear, zipper replacements, vinyl or leather seat upholstery. Can do many different stitched things. I'll be producing some rugged pannier , tail, and tank bags and seat covers. Would love to team with someone getting ready to design and fabricate metal racks and innovate in ways that other producers have not, namely catering to the more popular of the obscure dualsport bikes of the 80's like XL600 and XT600 for example. Wanting to replicate seat covers more accurately than other seat cover sources online, complete with vinyl screenprinted logos of the OEM. Any textile projects send a PM. I'm in central NC and will be doing the same thing in 6 months up in Portland OR. Possible interest in setting up operations in both places.

I do heavy-duty textile repair, upholstery, and design/manufacture bags.
Zombie_Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

That's awesome. Let's get this going!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
bomberdave
black cloud wandering

Oddometer: 822
TIG welding, steel aluminium and stainless steel, tube fabrication, years in the high end bicycle racket. vintage and antique motorbike weld repairs are fun. cast aluminium case and head repairs. cooling fins and what not. basic manual machine tools. have built lots of racks from scratch. my usual buisness is custom furniture and railings.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post
All ears. I have CNC Bed Mill / lathe / water jet / and all welding process's at anyones request. Can work off Cad drawings to napkin sketch's. 20 yrs doing work in research-design and fabrication of machine parts. Make a lot of "one off" parts.
Always interested in working with my moto-buds on any type of project. Need to PM me if I can do anything for you.
The water jet is a partner business so it is hard to give hugh discounts on that service, everything else machine-welding I can work cheap. Always willing to do confidentiality paper work if ideas are prototyping for future profits. UPS is at our door everyday and internet is always on- so distance is not a hugh problem. Located in Pagosa Springs ,Co .
Update, on my post, in a few weeks I will have all paper work in line -"T's" crossed "I's" dotted and the partner business will be all mine. Also added 55 tons of punching,small heavy plate shearing/bending,coping (iron worker) to the list
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post
Update, on my post, in a few weeks I will have all paper work in line -"T's" crossed "I's" dotted and the partner business will be all mine. Also added 55 tons of punching,small heavy plate shearing/bending,coping (iron worker) to the list
Congratulations!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
chuggins143
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
This maybe a little early, but how about a spread sheet of some sort to list the particulars in... username (so others can PM them), or if desired some other form of contact info... capabilities (machining, welding, etc.), location would be nice to know... maybe what you need is right around the corner!

...and sticky it to the top of the thread so people don't have to dig through 50 pages to find "that post I remember seeing that guys name in".

Thoughts?

C
09 KLR 650, blue... Done the Doo!, Thermo-bobed!, LED driving lights, aux fuse box, HID high beam, gel battery, custom racks, tool tube, de-Californicated it, moved main fuses to side cover, relocated plate, PVC mod, Hurricane mod, bypassed the side stand switch...

RIP - 95 Honda VFR750 (the most vulgar shade of yellow I could find in the book!)
chuggins143 is offline   Reply With Quote