Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #466
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Just paid for my membership and my rally license online.

My search-fu is weak: fill out the paper info and mail into Anders? Fill out and bring to onsite registration? Sit back and drink beer?

Still need to pay for my entry fee and I'll do that when I get my suspension back and I know 100% I'm good to go.

ANswer is #1... and then #3. The address to send it to is not nearby the paperwork itself?
Ideally your onsite reg is just looking to see that all your paperwork is already in there, and getting your numbers and wristband

Man there is going to be a lot of bikes there!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #467
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
ANswer is #1... and then #3. The address to send it to is not nearby the paperwork itself?
Ideally your onsite reg is just looking to see that all your paperwork is already in there, and getting your numbers and wristband

Man there is going to be a lot of bikes there!
Word. Now we're cooking with diesel.

I know, I pulled the registration list and if I'm the only one in Adventure Heavy my ass is changing to a class where there's a race.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #468
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Word. Now we're cooking with diesel.

I know, I pulled the registration list and if I'm the only one in Adventure Heavy my ass is changing to a class where there's a race.

I entered the Adv Heavy as well.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #469
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,823
Bike prep?

Finally decided it was time to investigate the damage from my crash at BRS. I finished up PT for my knee injury this week and and feeling pretty good. Not 100% but feels better every day.

The bike is not looking quite as good.

Front wheel I already knew was toast:

But I thought the hub might be OK... nope:

Forks actually look like they might be OK, but lower triple clamp is twisted:

Rear mount on the fuel tank got yanked out, at least this can be fixed with epoxy I figure:

Radiator got pushed forward quite a ways, but appears to be intact. I think I can straighten it:

Frame also appears to be a bit tweaked. I pulled the upper motor mount and after pulling the bolts the holes don't line up quite right anymore. I fear it may never handle right after this.

Also the engine won't run, I still can't get any spark. Been diagnosing it and have not figured out what is wrong yet. Hopefully just a wire got yanked loose someplace.

Sandblast is starting to look less likely now. I could ride my old DRZ but honestly work might get in the way anyway. Starting my new job tomorrow, will have to see how likely getting a day or two off in another month is.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #470
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

DOug, That looks liek crap :sad but I'm sure it jsut wont start because of shit gas. You've got to flush the carb, and start with fresh stuff. Its been sitting that long and I'm sure its just gummed up. Doesnt even take two weeks on my bikes, especially the 250.

Glad youre feeling better, though
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #471
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
DOug, That looks liek crap :sad but I'm sure it jsut wont start because of shit gas. You've got to flush the carb, and start with fresh stuff. Its been sitting that long and I'm sure its just gummed up. Doesnt even take two weeks on my bikes, especially the 250.

Glad youre feeling better, though
That may also be an issue but still there is no spark. With the plug resting on the frame I should see some spark when cranking.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #472
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
That may also be an issue but still there is no spark. With the plug resting on the frame I should see some spark when cranking.
Hey Doug, sorry to hear about the bike. It was hard to see any damage that nite other than the tacoed rim. With that much damage to the hub and whatnots I bet you it's just a loose...yanked.... wire. Check the plug cap resistance and the wire....maybe the wire seperated. I'm guessing your plug cap should read 5kohm, then just start tracing back to the coil....could be a loose ground on the coil. Hope to see you at SB in some capacity.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #473
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,662
Yikes! Hope you get her sorted, Doug. Doesn't look like much fun from here.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #474
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
48 bike on entry list. Looks like my first rally is going to be a great one!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #475
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,662
rally prep

So, most of my rally prep has been "shop prep", working on trying to finish the single-bay insulated motorcycle space at home. We moved to an old farm in the spring without a real garage, so one of the ancient, swaybacked drive sheds was slated for a refit and closing in one of the bays for bike work.

Now, just to be clear, by "working on my shop", I mean to say, mostly, that "I'm working extra to pay for someone else to build it". :loll

The structure started basically like this:

Yech.

It then gradually evolved to at least a solid skeleton by late in the fall:

Before Christmas, it was sided and painted, and I levelled and graded the internal floor to be ready for the concrete pour.

Now the snow has fallen, and nothing would be happening without a reasonably warm space to work. It's starting to look good.

This weekend has been the first time that things have been finished enough that I can light a fire in the wood stove and get some rally prep done.

Mostly little things...new heim joint bearing, wheel bearings, a front tire swap, air filter/fluids/etc., clean and grease the steering head bearings, clean up some wiring, replace the rear license plate holder for the millionth time, check the valves, organize my gear.

Here is the sad 450, ready for some love in the new space. Hasn't been touched or run since the P2D rally last June.

I had a great weekend prepping the bike, and it's almost all ready to go. Just waiting for my Flexx bars, and I'll be ready to put in another mediocre showing at Sandblast.

Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #476
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post

That makes my heart soar, right there. That looks awesome. You have a charmed life, mate
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #477
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post

I had a great weekend prepping the bike, and it's almost all ready to go. Just waiting for my Flexx bars, and I'll be ready to put in another mediocre showing at Sandblast.

That looks awesome. It looks like the perfect space to work in.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #478
Bruno T .
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,873
Looking good, Dan !

I'm digging these separate work spaces withing the garage, a few friends have them.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #479
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Nice shop Dan!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #480
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hey Doug, sorry to hear about the bike. It was hard to see any damage that nite other than the tacoed rim. With that much damage to the hub and whatnots I bet you it's just a loose...yanked.... wire. Check the plug cap resistance and the wire....maybe the wire seperated. I'm guessing your plug cap should read 5kohm, then just start tracing back to the coil....could be a loose ground on the coil. Hope to see you at SB in some capacity.

Holy crap Doug! That's some serious carnage on the bike.

One other thing to check is that one of the wires for the ignition circuit may be pinched through and grounding to the frame. I've had that happen after cartwheeling a bike down a hill after a failed climb.
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote