Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #121
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealOldDualSportGuy View Post
Been review the layout and construction of the 08 Uly,

NOT A LOT of weight to be reduced.

Can loose the bags, triple tail, bag racks, the dash (need to re-install a headlight), still weigh in on the other side of DANG HEAVY.

Dirt Tires (TKC80s) on Both ends will up the sprung weight so, what's the options.

Thanks

Rode my 2011 GS last year and had a blast. Don't over think the weight. Keep it real with your skill level and you will be fine. Great crowd and lots of help outside the stages if you need it.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #122
RealOldDualSportGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Thanks SS

Seasider

Appreciate the encouragement.

Back in the day (as the saying goes) won my class two years running at the Black Water 100, which at the time was a real bear of a run.-- finish to ride will be the plan.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance as we are semi local to the event.

Regards

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #123
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,265
Black Water 100

Wow, if you finished that event, props to you. I remember reading about it in dirt bike, I remember pics and video of guys trying to cross a stream with a big uphill on the other side. Back in the day, early 70's, I was racing MX, moved on to enduros when mx tracks turned into supercross tracks.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #124
simonpig
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,014
Man, I really want to do this ride. Been lurking on it for the last several years. I've got my R80g/s on sale, but if it doesn't sell by end of January, I'm seriously thinking about letting it run on this ride.
simonpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #125
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpig View Post
Man, I really want to do this ride. Been lurking on it for the last several years. I've got my R80g/s on sale, but if it doesn't sell by end of January, I'm seriously thinking about letting it run on this ride.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #126
ct_rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
2X the fun in the sand...

I know a lot of riders travel a long way to ride the Sandblast Rally and might want to take advantage of some additional riding while in SC. I am planning on riding the Sandblast again this year and have been debating riding the Sandlapper National Enduro on Sunday immediately following the rally. I have ridden this enduro the last 5 or 6 years and it is a really fun event that has always been well organized. The Sandlapper is held in Salley, SC which is about 120 miles south west of Cheraw.

Is anyone interested in registering together for the enduro so we could be on the same row? Registration opens on December 19th at 8pm and generally fills up quickly. The only bike requirement is you need to have a spark arrestor, so throw your woods bike in the truck with the rally bike.

It would be an early morning on Sunday but who doesn't want to get another ~65 miles of sand riding in?

Ken
ct_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #127
FreeTheBeast
valebat ascensorem

Oddometer: 2,989
Thumb Looks like we're in

I checked with Adam. He and I are looking forward to heading down to Cheraw again.

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #128
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #129
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

'08

'09:

'10

Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #130
apeirce
So I was following Andrew

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
I checked with Adam. He and I are looking forward to heading down to Cheraw again.

Yes we are. I'll be there in my official mode of 190LBS of truck ballast.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #131
GingerKid
How about that self...

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post

Haha, that picture is awesome

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #132
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Just trying to get an idea of time away from work ( yesssss ). Is the entire rally ( barring orientation ) on one day, or a multi day format like West VA was?
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #133
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.G. View Post
Just trying to get an idea of time away from work ( yesssss ). Is the entire rally ( barring orientation ) on one day, or a multi day format like West VA was?
you want to be there on Friday for registration and Tech. Race Saturday, go home Sunday....unless the schedule is different this year.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #134
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_rider View Post
I know a lot of riders travel a long way to ride the Sandblast Rally and might want to take advantage of some additional riding while in SC. I am planning on riding the Sandblast again this year and have been debating riding the Sandlapper National Enduro on Sunday immediately following the rally. I have ridden this enduro the last 5 or 6 years and it is a really fun event that has always been well organized. The Sandlapper is held in Salley, SC which is about 120 miles south west of Cheraw.

Is anyone interested in registering together for the enduro so we could be on the same row? Registration opens on December 19th at 8pm and generally fills up quickly. The only bike requirement is you need to have a spark arrestor, so throw your woods bike in the truck with the rally bike.

It would be an early morning on Sunday but who doesn't want to get another ~65 miles of sand riding in?

Ken
Last year I did the SB Rally on Saturday and got in the RV immediately after the awards banquet and headed for Augusta, GA for a SORCS Hare Scramble the next day in sand, was one of the best racing weekends I've ever had. However taking on an Enduro the day after the SB would be a bit more taxing and depending on your key time could be a bit hard if you care to hang out at all for the awards dinner at SB, if not then time shouldn't be a big issue.

I've committed to the 1st national enduro at the Cherokee in Greensboro, GA on Feb 16th but don't like the idea of commiting to those 3-4 months in advance or entry being closed there after due to fully booked. Might consider the Sandlapper but have a few days to mull it over.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #135
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
Last year I did the SB Rally on Saturday and got in the RV immediately after the awards banquet and headed for Augusta, GA for a SORCS Hare Scramble the next day in sand, was one of the best racing weekends I've ever had. However taking on an Enduro the day after the SB would be a bit more taxing and depending on your key time could be a bit hard if you care to hang out at all for the awards dinner at SB, if not then time shouldn't be a big issue.

I've committed to the 1st national enduro at the Cherokee in Greensboro, GA on Feb 16th but don't like the idea of commiting to those 3-4 months in advance or entry being closed there after due to fully booked. Might consider the Sandlapper but have a few days to mull it over.
I hope BRS is Friday/Saturday next year, because I want to race Unadilla again