User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
auntymal OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Invite/info' Thunder Rally #31 19/20/21 October

Here are details for this year's Thunder Rally, #31. Follow the link. http://groupspaces.com/thunderrally When=October 19/20/21st. Where=Sheba Dams Recreation Area (Nundle, 40k south of Tamworth). We have some excellent raffle prizes, including vouchers for bike gear and more! We ask that you fill out the form and send it in asap to help us get it right on the day!...AND...spend 2 minutes sending the info along to your group of fellow riders etc. Every dollar we save on postage, is another dollar we can give the Spinal Unit! By doing this you are taking your place along with the 9000+ riders who have travelled 8,000,000+ks supporting this concept over the last 30 years. Well Done! It's a wonderful ride and a beautiful rally site. Don't forget your fishing gear, some beautiful trout have been caught right at the site! (exceeding 4kilo!). This link includes entry forms, pictures, and info'. All bikes & riders welcome! Ideally we'd love you to come for a ride and have some fun up at the Thunder, but, don't forget, there is a "non-attendance option" for those who still want to support the Spinal Unit and get their badge, T-shirt etc, but just can't get there. Ride safe, one and all. Phone enquiries, call Aunty Mal 0404 002 427. p.s. there are at least 3 ways to get there via the dirt, Timor/Ellerston & the creek crossings, Nowandoc to Hanging Rock via the pine forest....er....and....a topsey turvey way around Niangla?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #2
CSaw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Hiya Aunty,
Have been getting to a few of these since 1982 (as you know) so can't see that I'd miss this one. Dissappointed that you have moved the dates out by a couple of weeks as there is no chance of a light dusting of snow. Only kidding.
A good weekend at a great site and in aid of a good cause.
From Thunderbolt's Way @ Nowendoch across to Dungowan now totally sealed for those that don't like a little dust on their precious toy.
Catchya.
CSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
auntymal OP
Adventurer

...mate I "hear you". We agonised about the date change, only one week by the way, but after much wringing of hands and nashing of teeth, we felt it important to maintain our position in the year relative to the AGP, which moved one week 'south' also. If you get inspired?....you could send-on the info as this will help with the date change element etc. Come say "g'day". I'll be Dam-side spinning for a trophy rainbow!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,486
Hey Aunty Goat Ph----r . Is that a rusty crowbar in the first pic , does he actually ride a vincent ?????

or is that the other chaps Vinnie ?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
auntymal OP
Adventurer

...the big bloke is the owner, hails from Tamworth I'm told, the little feller is a 'notorious' Triumph rider, 'Doc', who I recently bumped into again at the Wombat rally, near Young. He reckons his "longest distance stuffed cat" should have won! (...a prettier contestants 'stuffed cat' just managed to pip him at the post!) All good.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #6
CSaw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Wicked

Hey old fat man with beer, will we be seeing you up there this year??
CSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #7
spotcom
Watch This Space

Oddometer: 43
Wow, time flies and the Thunder Rally weekend's nearly here.

I'll be there. Riding a F800GS from Newcastle via the 20 (or is that 21) creek crossings through Barry Station.

Must remember to pack the whiskey & the green ginger wine. I've heard a rumour that whiskey macs are popular up there...
Old 10-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
auntymal OP
Adventurer

....My Mrs heard you were riding up, she remembered the whisky Mac's and schooners of port you wisely guided us toward at the Recon' Run, she forgot how crook she was on the way home!...and now recons she's going too! ...cos otherwise you'll drink all the Whisky Macs!!!...it's all your fault Spot, fair dinkum! I've also had calls from riders in Victoria and South Australia, they were keen on the rally, but more bloody interested in the fish!!..."what time of day?...what colour lure?...did they come 'on' on worms as well?"...you name it! As for drinking?...I preach moderation...until I 'can't! ride safe one and all.