Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
bigedf150 OP
biged

Oddometer: 9
MY honda trail 90 is the court jester of adventure bikes...1 inches of ground clearance,a 0 inch track width,it can fall down a side slope with ease, drown in 15 inches of water,climb a 5 degree grade,and plow thru two inch snow driftsthere now i sound all inferior

"When they visit the Irbit factory they will have heart attacks,Germam workmanship and Russian is like chalk and cheese!
One thing for certain the new price will put Ural almost out of business,well maybe a few yanks will buy them!
You can,t make a sows ear into a silk purse........the only way is to start from scratch with a completly new bike.....guess what Dnepr will love it.....they are the last of the real Mcoys!"

"That oil pump set up is a peice of crap,why would you need such a system to pump oil? more parts to wear and break,the original system pump is fine,just fit a larger pump, i think those germans are on Drugs!"

"Murphys Law in abundance"

comments/thoughts put 'em here.

bigedf150 screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 08:10 PM
bigedf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 916
Cool!
But what's with the Chang motor in your Dnepr?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Cool!
But what's with the Chang motor in your Dnepr?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 2,944
Yes, those pontoon mufflers scream off road ready.
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Unstable Rider
Beans n brats

Oddometer: 2,313
bunch of annoying pop ups with the pictures

neat bike
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
BeeMaa
Hack Pilot

Oddometer: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedf150 View Post
MY Dnepr 2wd is the king of adventure bikes...10 inches of ground clearance,a 50 inch track width,it can drive on a 40 degree side slope with ease, ford 15 inches of water,climb a 60 degree grade,and plow thru two foot snow drifts
OK man, let's just keep it in perspective.
I understand you are excited, but "King of the Adventure Bikes" is a little much.
Besides that's kinda like being the smartest kid on the short bus, here's your gold star big boy.

Welcome to the asylum.
Cheers.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
BeeMaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
bigedf150 OP
biged

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Cool!
But what's with the dang motor in your honda trail 90?
well lets see
6 volt electrics
no electric start
no alternator
drops right into gear
doesnt cost 4 grand
has one piston
actually runs like a honda

bigedf150 screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 08:06 PM
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #8
bigedf150 OP
biged

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMaa View Post
OK man, let's just keep it in perspective.
I understand you are excited, but "King of the Adventure Bikes" is a little much.
Besides that's kinda like being the smartest kid on the short bus, here's your gold star big boy.

Welcome to the asylum.
Cheers.
it appears most of you have a hint of sarcasm or jealosy perhaps because you overpaid for your bikes

bigedf150 screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 08:06 PM
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 2,944
Quote:
it appears most of you have a hint of sarcasm or jealosy perhaps because you overpaid for your bikes
Paging Cob to the white courtesy phone on what an adventure sidecar should look like....

Biged, you should post some pics up of your hardcore rig off road.
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
Sidecarjohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 651
Relevant definition of "Adventure" ?
an exciting or very unusual experience.
2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.

In my book, a shed load of bikes can be described of capable when it comes to providing "Adventure", it's all a matter of perspective. After all some guys venture into the most inhospitable parts of the planet aboard the most unlikely tw0 and three wheel "bikes". On the other hand some venture for part of a day down some off highway track.

An "adventure" either way, it all depends on your perspective. "Vive la Difference"

http://www.sidecarjohn.co.uk/
Sidecarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 1,888
Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,106
Quote:
MY Dnepr 2wd is the king of adventure bikes...10 inches of ground clearance,a 50 inch track width,it can drive on a 40 degree side slope with ease, ford 15 inches of water,climb a 60 degree grade,and plow thru two foot snow drifts
Howdy bigedf150,

Whatever it is your smokin, would you mind sharing. I think I have a pretty bad arse Ural and it only has about 5 maybe 6 inches of REAL ground clearance, about the same track width, it'll do a 40 degree side slope "IF" the sidecar is down hill, 15 inches of water will get into the stock carb vents but I have fixed that problem but still 15 inches is pretty darn deep for these types of rigs unless driven very slowly so as not to foul the air filter, climb 60 degree grade, depends on what the surface is, plow through two feet of snow, well lets just say I have tried that with varying degrees of success. This was of the not so successful attempts, I was doing just fine until the snow packed UNDER the rig and lifted the front end up and floated the rig on the skid plate and underside of the tub.

This was about five years ago, again doing OK until the cylinder caught the snow and pulled me into the snow bank, two wheel drive and reverse in such situations are a very nice thing.

Yeah, that's 15 inches or more of water, made it through but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

Side slopes, yes done a few of those.

Done some pretty steep grades, gets a bit harry sometimes.

Welcome to ADV-Rider and the hacks forum, post of some photos of your rig in action we like seeing folks do crazy stuff.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,106
Quote:
man you guys take a tranq and smoke a joint or two
cobb go play with ilya kat or sumthin will ya!
Well............when ya come in here swingin your dick around and talking shite, you should expect to get called on it. And if you could read its "Cob" not cobb. Oh and I did ask you to share whatever it was you were smokin.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
bigedf150 OP
biged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy bigedf150,

Whatever it is your smokin, would you mind sharing. I think I have a pretty bad arse Ural and it only has about 5 maybe 6 inches of REAL ground clearance, about the same track width, it'll do a 40 degree side slope "IF" the sidecar is down hill, 15 inches of water will get into the stock carb vents but I have fixed that problem but still 15 inches is pretty darn deep for these types of rigs unless driven very slowly so as not to foul the air filter, climb 60 degree grade, depends on what the surface is, plow through two feet of snow, well lets just say I have tried that with varying degrees of success. This was of the not so successful attempts, I was doing just fine until the snow packed UNDER the rig and lifted the front end up and floated the rig on the skid plate and underside of the tub.

This was about five years ago, again doing OK until the cylinder caught the snow and pulled me into the snow bank, two wheel drive and reverse in such situations are a very nice thing.

Yeah, that's 15 inches or more of water, made it through but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

Side slopes, yes done a few of those.

Done some pretty steep grades, gets a bit harry sometimes.

Welcome to ADV-Rider and the hacks forum, post of some photos of your rig in action we like seeing folks do crazy stuff.
"When they visit the Irbit factory they will have heart attacks,Germam workmanship and Russian is like chalk and cheese!
One thing for certain the new price will put Ural almost out of business,well maybe a few yanks will buy them!
You can,t make a sows ear into a silk purse........the only way is to start from scratch with a completly new bike.....guess what Dnepr will love it.....they are the last of the real Mcoys!"

"That oil pump set up is a peice of crap,why would you need such a system to pump oil? more parts to wear and break,the original system pump is fine,just fit a larger pump, i think those germans are on Drugs!"
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,921
5 posts...............Troll.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote