oh mr mean ural guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfvHBFRk9Q
bigedf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,200
Hey bigedf150,

kinda hard to delete a post when its been quoted...........

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #18
planzman
commie bike rider

Oddometer: 663
Hey MR COB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy bigedf150,

Whatever it is your smokin, would you mind sharing. I think I have a pretty bad arse Ural and it only has about 5 maybe 6 inches of REAL ground clearance, about the same track width, it'll do a 40 degree side slope "IF" the sidecar is down hill, 15 inches of water will get into the stock carb vents but I have fixed that problem but still 15 inches is pretty darn deep for these types of rigs unless driven very slowly so as not to foul the air filter, climb 60 degree grade, depends on what the surface is, plow through two feet of snow, well lets just say I have tried that with varying degrees of success. This was of the not so successful attempts, I was doing just fine until the snow packed UNDER the rig and lifted the front end up and floated the rig on the skid plate and underside of the tub.

This was about five years ago, again doing OK until the cylinder caught the snow and pulled me into the snow bank, two wheel drive and reverse in such situations are a very nice thing.

Yeah, that's 15 inches or more of water, made it through but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

Side slopes, yes done a few of those.

Done some pretty steep grades, gets a bit harry sometimes.

Welcome to ADV-Rider and the hacks forum, post of some photos of your rig in action we like seeing folks do crazy stuff.

Dude, whats the story on that hill climb? Thats frigin awesome!!!!
Was the clutch "smoakin" when you got to the top?
planzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by planzman View Post
Dude, whats the story on that hill climb? Thats frigin awesome!!!!
Was the clutch "smoakin" when you got to the top?
Howdy planzman,

The clutch that was and still is in the rig at the time that photo was taken was if everything goes well and the "company" plan proceeds as I have been told will become a production item within the foreseeable future. No, it was not smoking or slipping, I really hope this new experimental disk soon becomes avlilabe to everyone, it really is that MUCH better then the old disks.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Biged also posted on SS, but didn't get flamed there.Then again he didn't ask to get flamed like he did here.

One thing for sure, the folks here are more than willing to flame you when asked or tempted, and sometimes just for amusement.
Advrider is a bad place for a noob introduce themselves with braggadocio.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,508
I'm very sorry for the interruption, fellas. I gave BigEd the week off.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Howdy Roger,

I think I know "why" you gave ed the vacation, I saved the email notification of what he either posted and it was pulled or he deleted before most folks saw it. I don't think anyone was really harassing him, I know I wasn't, I was just jerking his chain for his grand entrance. Let him back in, if he plays nice I am sure we can.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,508

Dave!!

He'll be back in a week. You'll just have to be patient.

It the meantime...

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
planzman
commie bike rider

Oddometer: 663
No Sir! thats still awesome

:
Quote:
Howdy planzman,

The clutch that was and still is in the rig at the time that photo was taken was if everything goes well and the "company" plan proceeds as I have been told will become a production item within the foreseeable future. No, it was not smoking or slipping, I really hope this new experimental disk soon becomes avlilabe to everyone, it really is that MUCH better then the old disks.
I just don't believe it, thats just so awesome. (I ain't callin you out, its just so non-Ural) and I am impressed.
I have trouble climbing out from the bottom where my deer stand and feeder are, i have an inclinometer to shoot the angle, will do next time, and i have to feather the clutch to keep moving, and that means, clutch heat up. My son tried to ride out with me, like 75 yards up hill, and the rig just would not move with him in the sidecar, i had hoped to not have to drag the deer out this year, may have to build a new trail with a switch back just to keep what clutch linings i still have until the new clutch linings (when, and IF they) become available as a retrofit.
either way, go man go.

p.s. Yet another reason to Hate Mr. Cob

p.s.s. you would not happen to have a video on this amazing climb?
planzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedf150 View Post
Considering all of your posts have been talking shit, or trying to push some sucker into paying too much for a chang, with no pics to back up your dnepr claim... I'm going to assume I push my 1wd tourist harder than you do your alleged dnepr.
Estamos copados
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #26
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Quote:
Howdy Roger,

I think I know "why" you gave ed the vacation, I saved the email notification of what he either posted and it was pulled or he deleted before most folks saw it. I don't think anyone was really harassing him, I know I wasn't, I was just jerking his chain for his grand entrance. Let him back in, if he plays nice I am sure we can.
Cob, Just so you know, Gene and various ebay ural parts sellers are enjoying the effect you have had on my driving. 40,000 km since my first rebuild in 2011 on my 650 tourist and I am still beating it to death after seeing pics like that. I just started copying your intake so I'll quit suckin water in from the creek. I'm going to have to get one of them new fangled 2wd sebenfiddies one day soon.
Estamos copados
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
But, he was entertaining...
Back to JoMamma
Estamos copados
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
Mr. Cob

Quote:
:

I just don't believe it, thats just so awesome. (I ain't callin you out, its just so non-Ural) and I am impressed.
I have trouble climbing out from the bottom where my deer stand and feeder are, i have an inclinometer to shoot the angle, will do next time, and i have to feather the clutch to keep moving, and that means, clutch heat up. My son tried to ride out with me, like 75 yards up hill, and the rig just would not move with him in the sidecar, i had hoped to not have to drag the deer out this year, may have to build a new trail with a switch back just to keep what clutch linings i still have until the new clutch linings (when, and IF they) become available as a retrofit.
either way, go man go.

p.s. Yet another reason to Hate Mr. Cob

p.s.s. you would not happen to have a video on this amazing climb?
Howdy planzman,

I don't have a video of the climb, but my buddy Chris who took the photos does, its on youtube somewhere I'll ask him for the link.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by matman1972 View Post
Cob, Just so you know, Gene and various ebay ural parts sellers are enjoying the effect you have had on my driving. 40,000 km since my first rebuild in 2011 on my 650 tourist and I am still beating it to death after seeing pics like that. I just started copying your intake so I'll quit suckin water in from the creek. I'm going to have to get one of them new fangled 2wd sebenfiddies one day soon.
Howdy Matt,

Well...................I sure wish I got a percentage on the replacement cost of all the parts folks have destroyed over the years because of imitating my three wheeled idiocy.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
:

either way, go man go.
Hey planzman,

I also have that "special" clutch in my rig, while I don't push my rig as hard as Mr. Cob does, I can say without reservation it's every bit as good as he says.