User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
pepetrueba OP
PePeBaJa

Oddometer: 197
Rider down in laguna hanson

Just read on Ensenada newspaper that a US rider had a fatal head on with a truck close to Laguna Hanson.
rider identified as Neyslr Dana Wayne. According to newspaper was travellingvery fast when colliding headon with a truck.
Guys when travelling in Mexico, be aware that most fire roads are used by locals.
Sad story to make riders be safe
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,724
Wow, I've ridden that road before. There's little to no traffic so I can see how a rider might get too comfortable on the blind corners. Sad. RIP.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
kkug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Yes sad news. Dana was a inmate on our San Diego fourm. Got to ride with him twice last year . He was a great guy and we will all miss him.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index...-fallen-member

F800GS
KTM 450 MXC

"Never let the Situation affect you Emotionally. If you do it will have an adverse affect on your ability to make the correct decisions.
kkug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Rock Junkee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
very sad news ROOST IN PEACE brother
Wife rides KTM 05 200 XC-W
2008 Honda Xr 650L
Rock Junkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
bajarider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Ride in peace bro....

Just did that ride a week ago..........always ride carefully in local roads.

Carlos

When the U.S. and Canada enter rehab, we can kiss drug cartels goodbye.
bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
fin reaper
Anything 2 Wheels

Oddometer: 10
rider down in laguna hanson

Dana's passing is a truly sad event. If you visit enough forums you'll find some conflicting information. Unless we hear from someone that was actually there, we may never know exactly what happened. Having worked with Dana for five years and having gone on several dirt rides with him (desert, San Bernadino, Yosemite, San Felipe) I know he was a skilled rider and although capable of going fast, always exercised appropriate caution, so I find it hard to swallow that he ran head on into a slow moving vehicle on a long flat section of a road that he was very familiar with.

Some absolute truths though; Dana was one heck of a good person, loved riding (especially in baja), always upbeat, enjoyed life and showed it. It was a pleasure to spend time with him whether riding or not. I personally owe a lot to him when it comes to the experiences I have had getting dirty. As a fairly late life two wheeled convert, I bought an Adventure Bike and plodded along on the freeways dreaming about going off road until Dana said, "cmon man, you gonna take that thing on the dirt or what?" Several trips and hundreds of enjoyable off road miles later, I have him to thank for that.

Rest in peace man.

2013 R1200GS (gotta stop reading bike reviews)
2012 Husky TE250 (piling up the dual sport miles and bruise)
2013 Hyperstrada (responsible fun)
fin reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #7
MotoBonita
Ride more

Oddometer: 30
Ride in Peace Dana Neisler, you were a real-deal friend, Baja brother and an avid adventurist.

Dana and I rode Baja 5 times last year, our first ride was to the San Felipe 250. He was always Baja ride ready. I can't imagine what my future rides in Baja will be like without you. Dana, I always appreciated that had my back out there on the trails, helped me when I got myself into self-imposed dumb situations, patient and fun to hang out with.

You are dearly missed.

MotoBonita screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 10:52 PM Reason: typo
MotoBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,167
Sad ending

Condolences to his family and friends

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,246
wished I had ridden with you.. ride in peace buddy

Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #10
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
Unfortunately my buddy Leo and I passed this scene shortly after the incident happened. There were two of his riding buddies there and one military truck...they did not let us stop. We passed the rest of the military/police convoy on our way out to the highway. It was a very sad scene, and the image of it has been with me ever since. I never had the chance to meet him, but I wanted to express my condolences. R.I.P. Dana.
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 374
Cry

Ride on my Brother...
Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #12
pepetrueba OP
PePeBaJa

Oddometer: 197
Dana

Wasn't it Dana that recently had for sale and sold his 950S on San Diego county's Craigslist and orange flea market. Remember very well a very nicely setup adventure s, played phone tag and someone else beat me to it locally
Old 02-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #13
BajaBrett
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fin reaper View Post
Dana's passing is a truly sad event. If you visit enough forums you'll find some conflicting information. Unless we hear from someone that was actually there, we may never know exactly what happened. Having worked with Dana for five years and having gone on several dirt rides with him (desert, San Bernadino, Yosemite, San Felipe) I know he was a skilled rider and although capable of going fast, always exercised appropriate caution, so I find it hard to swallow that he ran head on into a slow moving vehicle on a long flat section of a road that he was very familiar with.

Some absolute truths though; Dana was one heck of a good person, loved riding (especially in baja), always upbeat, enjoyed life and showed it. It was a pleasure to spend time with him whether riding or not. I personally owe a lot to him when it comes to the experiences I have had getting dirty. As a fairly late life two wheeled convert, I bought an Adventure Bike and plodded along on the freeways dreaming about going off road until Dana said, "cmon man, you gonna take that thing on the dirt or what?" Several trips and hundreds of enjoyable off road miles later, I have him to thank for that.

Rest in peace man.
My Name is Brett Neisler (BajaBrett) and Dana was my younger brother. Dana was a very experienced rider and knew the area very well. The group that was traveling with him did not see the accident only the aftermath. The impact was not survivable and he was killed on impact. The Accident reports I picked up from Ensenada showed no one at fault, just a terrible accident. He impacted the Left Front Fender of a Toyota Pick truck coming the other direction over what we believe was a gradual turn. We will never know all the details. It is apparent that neither the Driver of the truck or my brother had enough time to react to avoid the collision. Could have been sun glare. I had to enlist the help of to very close friends that were ICE Agents to assist me with getting my brother home. It took nearly 4 days, but we got him home. He has been cremated and will be taken down to my folks place south of San Felipe to be spread in the Sea of Cortez. For anyone that is interested here is a link to is obituary. He lived a very exciting life and died doing what he loved.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...06&mid=5837314

Thank you for everyones concern and wishes. Just felt I should try my best to update everyone. (Just a Horrible, Horrible Accident)

Thanks,

Brett Neisler
BajaBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
BajaBrett
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
Wasn't it Dana that recently had for sale and sold his 950S on San Diego county's Craigslist and orange flea market. Remember very well a very nicely setup adventure s, played phone tag and someone else beat me to it locally
Yes he was. The bike he had the accident on was a Husaberg 450.
BajaBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Thanks Brett. Your brother will be greatly missed by us, but not as much as you and your family will miss him I'm sure.

Vaya con Dios Dana! Roost in Peace.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote