Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #1
JRose OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Local Motorrad Dealer Bankrupt... Again.

Well, I suppose I'm not the only one that was fed up with the local BMW dealer, seems everyone else is/was too.

After this latest fiasco with my cracked fuel tank on my 800, I pretty much swore off spending a dime in that store. Problem is, the next closest dealer is 3 hours away in Atlanta.

To date, I've bought all my aftermarket accessories from the Atlanta store since they have been nothing but top notch with knowledgable sales staff, and customer service, so them closing the doors is no big loss there. Worst part is no local dealer to get minor recalls and software updates and such. That blows.

This is the second time the place has folded. I was really hopeful this new management was going to be better. The clowns they had working there was an absolute joke though. Always would be "calling you back", I never once got a call back. Try to order a part, they would just forget. Call back, "it's Backordered". Call Atlanta dealer, "no backorder, you'll have it in a few days".... Etc, etc, etc... Typical bad, nay, horrible customer service....

I wish I had the means to take that dealership over, and give it a run. Hard work and good customer service is just not that difficult, especially if it were something I was passionate about.

Oh well. Looks like trips to Atlanta are in my future. Not the most horrible thing, seeing that the dealership there is pretty awesome place. It's called Blue Moon Cycles, and they have a pretty neat mini museum up stairs, and a pashion for antique bikes and restos.

I have some pics of the place somewhere, I'll try to find them.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,294
Not for long. http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingha...o-dismiss.html Oftentimes a debtor files a Chap. 11 petition to improve its negotiating position, and then the debtor and creditors work out a settlement. But it sure doesn't do much for their reputation and business plan if they are going to continue under the same banner.

It looks like Blue Moon will be prominent at the RA Rally in Birmingham next month. I'm goin'.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
JRose OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Not for long. http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingha...o-dismiss.html Oftentimes a debtor files a Chap. 11 petition to improve its negotiating position, and then the debtor and creditors work out a settlement. But it sure doesn't do much for their reputation and business plan if they are going to continue under the same banner.

It looks like Blue Moon will be prominent at the RA Rally in Birmingham next month. I'm goin'.

Fred
Agreed. It's not that they can't come back, but with their tanking reputation, and one shut down already that lasted years, I don't see it. Hoping one of the other nicer shops picks up the line, but it's doubtful.

I wish Blue Moon would open a location here!

JRose screwed with this post 04-26-2014 at 06:39 AM
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote