Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #61
levain OP
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
ummm, not positive what you are talking about? Where are these other files from - possibly the files are missing meta data? :
I'm using Android File Transfer. When they go into that, they don't go into individual albums, but into lots of individual files for each song. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong!

I found double twist last night. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but it looks like it might be what I'll use. It is a way to sync with iTunes. The music end of iTunes never bothered me, it was integrating iTunes with everything else that was a pain. Keeping my stuff in iTunes may be the easiest solution for me.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #62
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
I'm using Android File Transfer. When they go into that, they don't go into individual albums, but into lots of individual files for each song. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong!
they all go as individual files, whether from itunes or elsewhere. i'm still thinking you don't have the meta files on your non-itunes procured files. i ask again- where did you get these other files (amazon store, google store, ripped from cd's, pirated off a torrent, etc)? i'm guessing ripped from cd's, or from a torrent (or otherwise 'procured' online), with no id3 tags. tag up a couple of them (you can do it right in itunes), send them over, and see if that fixes it up. if so, download yourself an auto-tagger (or batch tag them in itunes) and you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
I found double twist last night. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but it looks like it might be what I'll use. It is a way to sync with iTunes. The music end of iTunes never bothered me, it was integrating iTunes with everything else that was a pain. Keeping my stuff in iTunes may be the easiest solution for me.
'keeping it in itunes' isn't anything special. they're still just files on the filesystem.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #63
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
I finally ditched Apple and got a Galaxy S3 a couple of days ago. There is definitely a learning curve... But I really like it so far. Though, the S voice is terrible. I was really hoping for a lot more out of it.

Anyhow, is there some kind of mega-thread out here somewhere about which is the best android navigation app? I don't really want to start a whole new thread just to get a link to a huge thread discussing this topic.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #64
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I finally ditched Apple and got a Galaxy S3 a couple of days ago. There is definitely a learning curve... But I really like it so far. Though, the S voice is terrible. I was really hoping for a lot more out of it.

Anyhow, is there some kind of mega-thread out here somewhere about which is the best android navigation app? I don't really want to start a whole new thread just to get a link to a huge thread discussing this topic.
i don't know if this comes with all phones or not, but i have had good luck with telenav, and also just sending google maps to the "maps" application.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #65
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
i don't know if this comes with all phones or not, but i have had good luck with telenav, and also just sending google maps to the "maps" application.
Agreed, I find Navigation through Google Maps works just fine.

Question for you guys - do you find differences between USB cables? The one that came with my S3 will do charging and MTP so I can put music and shit on it, but I bought a $3 cable that will only charge. What's the deal?

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #66
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

Question for you guys - do you find differences between USB cables? The one that came with my S3 will do charging and MTP so I can put music and shit on it, but I bought a $3 cable that will only charge. What's the deal?
A usb cable has four wires inside. Two of them are used to provide power and create a circuit. My guess would be that only those two wires were used... But that's really just a guess.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #67
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

you probably bought a usb charging cable which has the two data pins shorted out to enable higher current charging.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #68
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
I just checked and it's not available for the SG3. Thanks though.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
Old 11-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #69
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I just checked and it's not available for the SG3. Thanks though.
on android, download the apk and install. if there are issues with missing libraries, install them too and badabing.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #70
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
I just did an upgrade a few days ago myself (from a Blackberry) and decided to go Android for a lot of reasons after much research....but a big one was the availability of a waterproof and ruggedized phone since I spend a lot of time riding bicycles and motorcycles in all sorts of weather and do NOT want to use a case, bought a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro and love it so far, has most of the features of the Galaxy S III but is a bit smaller.
victor441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #71
syntec4
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,302
I'm about ready to jump ship and go with an S3 (iphone contract has finished now). One of the features that I like with apple/iphone is the photo stream. I do a lot of pictures at customers homes when doing a quote when i get home i like the fact that when I open iphoto on the macbook the photo's are already in the library for me to use/cop/paste etc. can I achieve something similar (easily )with an S3 and a macbook?

Cheers.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #72
levain OP
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntec4 View Post
I'm about ready to jump ship and go with an S3 (iphone contract has finished now). One of the features that I like with apple/iphone is the photo stream. I do a lot of pictures at customers homes when doing a quote when i get home i like the fact that when I open iphoto on the macbook the photo's are already in the library for me to use/cop/paste etc. can I achieve something similar (easily )with an S3 and a macbook?

Cheers.
Smugmug has an app that you can use, but it's really, I mean really rudimentary. I've been using smugfolio, which works quite well. You have to tell it to Bulkupload, but it'll be there when you get home. I use the Photobucket app sometimes. They make it REALLY easy to take photos/upload from a smartphone, but on computer version isn't as nice as Smugmug.
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #73
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:

Cheers.
google+ images can sync via mobile data, wifi , or wifi+charger in preferences to save battery and or mobile data. it syncs to google plus and/or picasa as you prefer.

if you haven't ditched iphoto yet in favor of picasa, give it a whirl. I gave up on iphoto years ago after my libraries corrupted for the umpteenth time.

I like the sync in that all my videos / photos will be "safe" if anything happens to my phone.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #74
levain OP
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
google+ images can sync via mobile data, wifi , or wifi+charger in preferences to save battery and or mobile data. it syncs to google plus and/or picasa as you prefer.

if you haven't ditched iphoto yet in favor of picasa, give it a whirl. I gave up on iphoto years ago after my libraries corrupted for the umpteenth time.

I like the sync in that all my videos / photos will be "safe" if anything happens to my phone.
Thats good to know. Thanks
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #75
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Cheers.
not to apple's icloud photostream- apple generally doesn't allow other devices to access their cloud (unless it's via an open protocol (http, webdav, etc), which i don't believe photostream has).

but you can autosync pictures to picasa, dropbox, google+, etc, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: