Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #61
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Nevertheless it works fine in CA and most of the rest of the world, it's only here in the 49 states that we have this third-grader mentality. Waaaahhhhhh, he's cutting in line.
so what grade level does the entitlement mentality of "fuck everyone else who is waiting in line...i'm entitled to go to the front of the line because i'm special" correspond to?
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #62
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
No,

In our personal opinion it's not wrong.
No.

The accusation was that lane-sharers were trying to justify behavior that we thought was wrong.

It's not wrong.

I'm not justifying shit.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #63
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
No.

The accusation was that lane-sharers were trying to justify behavior that we thought was wrong.

It's not wrong.

I'm not justifying shit.
You do know it's illegal in 49 states?
You stated your reasons for doing it anyway.

If that's not making excuses, I don't lnow what is.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #65
Tjocksteffe
I was

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
so what grade level does the entitlement mentality of "fuck everyone else who is waiting in line...i'm entitled to go to the front of the line because i'm special" correspond to?
Well, have to return, thinking.... hmmmm, you're not worth it yo egoistic fucktard
( I was here before yadayada!!! (bitter old womensmeily))

You even ride????? , don't think so!

Tjocksteffe screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 09:47 AM
Tjocksteffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #66
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,168
Quote:
Thats why I no longer do it where illegal, besides the fact that it's wrong and detrimental to our privilege to ride, I honestly believe that between the possibility of road rage and the dangers of being where we are unexpected, actually makes it more dangerous.
totally agree. a few years ago my wife and I were on a bike trip up there in Washington and I had heard that state troopers LOVE to give lane splitting tickets, so I had to actively THINK about not lane splitting. This was augmented by the traffic which was surprisingly bad. At one point our GS was overheating and I had to pull onto the side of the freeway - which if you ask me is substantially more dangerous than allowing bikes to use the available space to move up.
A trooper pulled up and asked me what was the deal. I told him the bike was overheating because I wasn't allowed to lane split so I was waiting for it to cool off. He told me to move on and I told him my bike had overheated because I was not allowed to lane split. He then told me to move on and I told him I couldn't because my bike had overheated.....you get the idea.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #67
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjocksteffe View Post
Well, have to return, thinking.... hmmmm, you're not worth it yo egoistic fucktard

well let's be honest, who among us started riding so that they can sit in traffic.... really now
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #68
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,631
For those against lane splitting and filtering, here's a something you can put on your bike...............or maybe your minivan.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #69
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Quote:
I don't know .
I know.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #70
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,293
Wait, did someone actually say it shouldn't be allowed? I think many said it isn't, and some said it is a bad idea where it isn't allowed, but I don't recall anyone saying it shouldn't be allowed.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #71
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
totally agree. a few years ago my wife and I were on a bike trip up there in Washington and I had heard that state troopers LOVE to give lane splitting tickets, so I had to actively THINK about not lane splitting. This was augmented by the traffic which was surprisingly bad. At one point our GS was overheating and I had to pull onto the side of the freeway - which if you ask me is substantially more dangerous than allowing bikes to use the available space to move up.
A trooper pulled up and asked me what was the deal. I told him the bike was overheating because I wasn't allowed to lane split so I was waiting for it to cool off. He told me to move on and I told him my bike had overheated because I was not allowed to lane split. He then told me to move on and I told him I couldn't because my bike had overheated.....you get the idea.
If that's not wrong, then I don't know what is.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #72
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjocksteffe View Post

Jo momma is in the basement.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
You're under the impression that one has to do more than be ready to roll on a green and accelerate at more than a casual pace in order to create that safe space.

You're completely mistaken on both counts.

Next concern?

I've commuted on a TW200, also known as the worlds slowest motorcycle and even that thing could beat the cars off the line.

I commute 175 miles per day on a CBR250R right now and short of a Lambo there isn't anything on the road that can beat my 60 foot times.

Back to filtering, I have actually saved my own life by filtering, I entered the share zone and the car that had been behind me slammed the last car in line, KABOOM, I would have been killed instantly.

I do whatever it takes to stay alive, I'll run a stop sign right past a cop to keep a mower from mowing me down...sorry, AJ.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #74
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

F n A
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #75
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
This same topic came up in Twtex.com (Two Wheeled Texan) and I'll say here what I said there (more or less). I was in law enforcement for 16 years and as already stated, here in the U.S., it's more or less illegal in most places. Since the OP said they don't care about that, I'll go to my second point and a few people have already hit on it.

Let's face it - right, wrong, or indifferent and regardless of what you ride, there is a stigma in this country against/towards motorcyclists. When people are sitting in traffic in their “cages”, the last thing they want to see is someone flying by them on the shoulder on their bike effectively “skipping line” as someone on here has already stated. Oh I get it, don’t get me wrong – I totally get the urge to want to do it. But let us be a bit civil (if that’s the right word to use here) and think about what we are doing. All you’re doing is pissing off everyone else on the road and then people wonder why people have an attitude towards motorcyclists. I got lambasted on Twtex for saying the same thing. People complained about everything from bikes overheating to being hot in their gear as excuses to break the law and get ahead of everyone else in traffic or other situations.

As has already been said – you’re going to ride however it is you decide to ride on a given day. But all I would ask is that you think about what you’re doing and then justify why you’re any different than any other motor VEHICLE on the road that is expected to obey the traffic laws. Just because you are on two or three wheels instead of four does not give you any more right to break the law than anyone else. Do it and expect to pay the potential consequences. If you can justify it on whatever level you want to justify it, that’s fine, but it doesn’t make it right. And no, during the times that I have had a motorcycle, I've never done it and don't plan to ever do it
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote