User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Oddometer: 5,124
Wicked MG34 on War Pig

I got to asking a Jarhead I know about mounting an MG on War Pig last year and he said he knew another Marine who was in a movie production business of some sort. He said the guy had a bunch of cool stuff, used to ride a Ural and thinks he had a machine gun laying around somewhere.

He calls me up one day and says I gotta come look, he's got the MG in his shop so down I go - this is what I see:

MG34 (barrel stamp, as I recall, is 1942 or '43)
(x2) 50-rnd. drums w/carrier
(x1) 50-rnd belt w/inert ammo
AA sight
Carrying handle
Reproduction sidecar mount

I spent about 45 minutes going over the gear (read: playing with it and making "pew pew pew pew" noises). Although the MG34 is not numbers-matching it is in pretty good condition for what I intend to do with it. It looks like someone bought a parts kit and put it on the dummy receiver.

I had to pass on the deal last year because it was close to Christmas and the frogskins just weren't there, but a few months later inquired as to it's availability - turns out some other dude hauled off and bought the thing

Fast forward to last month and I start getting bit by the 'ole Machinegewehr bug again. I get to looking into options; building my own MG34 out of PVC and wood (surprisingly they look pretty good), mounting an airsoft RPK, cobbling my MG42 10/22 stock into something workable, etc. etc.

On a whim I emailed my buddy to see if his buddy had anything else lying about, or perhaps the deal with the other bloke didn't go through? Well whaddya know, he still has it because the other dude had to divert his funds elsewhere at the last minute

Today, my lovely wife is going to meet a dude she's never met in a gas station parking lot and pay cash for a Nazi machine gun out of the trunk of his police car

I have named it "BUZZKILL"

USMCG_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
MMcnamara
Where does that go?

Oddometer: 2,005
Hang on to that woman.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcnamara View Post
Hang on to that woman.

Yeah, I reckon I'll keep her around for a few more seasons... The reality of it is we've known each other since grade school and she's a Marine as well, so it is HIGHLY unlikely there is another woman out there that is better suited to tolerate my particular brand of bullshit...

Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 884
As an 0311, I say please take some pics of that on your rig. I want a gear up and a mounted weapon now!
firebrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
FirstPath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,089
Index finger on high register....

She so knows what she is doing....

Scott in Shoreview
'85 Voyager Hack
'79 Suzuki GS550
FirstPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
As an 0311, I say please take some pics of that on your rig. I want a gear up and a mounted weapon now!
You friggin' know I will, Jarhead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
Index finger on high register....

She so knows what she is doing....
Indeed she does. Her idea of a good day out is firing 7.62x39 jacketed HPs into a stream from the hip at the cyclic rate with me off her starboard quarter handing her stripper clips

Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,892
[QUOTE=USMCG_Spyder;14741628I spent about 45 minutes going over the gear (read: playing with it and making "pew pew pew pew" noises). [/QUOTE]

That's what i'd be doing!

TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,644
Is that a TIGR shes holding in that first pic? Man it would be great to have a Russian built x54 long range semi auto...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Is that a TIGR shes holding in that first pic? Man it would be great to have a Russian built x54 long range semi auto...
Negative, TIGRs are shorter:

Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #10
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcnamara View Post
Hang on to that woman.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,415
Spyder
Nice yellow footprints !
Old 12-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
Spyder
Nice yellow footprints !
Yeah, I have two sets - one for each child. When I call "POST!" they know EXACTLY where to lock it up at

Old 12-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

The Girl went into the shop and saw it, the Boy wanted to see, then they wanted to play with it. SpyderWife toted it out to the back lawn and showed them how to "load" it (remember folks, this is a de-mil'd MG with inert ammo):

The Boy is mad because the Girl pulled rank and made him the A-Gunner

Old 04-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #14
USMCG_Spyder OP
RPOC pilot

Wicked Pix of War Pig and his good buddy Buzz Kill

Makes a great beer cooler...

Old 04-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,109
Nice pictures from a lucky fellow.
I heard a story from a Ural dealer in Holland of a guy who mounted a bazooka on his rig. Before out of his street some concerned citizens had called the police which came in force. They impounded the tube, gave him the cheapest ticket, just because they have to react to bigotry.

So, just enjoy your blessings, ride the flag of good humor, and keep supplying the troops with cool beer.