ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #511
Chivvalry
Studly Adventurer
 
Chivvalry's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Cranberry Twp, PA
Oddometer: 531
Argh! My EYES!
Chivvalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #512
KX50002
NooB, my ass
 
KX50002's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NEPA
Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post
There is enough fail in that one to spread around so everyone get some.
I'm not sure I even know what happened there. Where did the guy laying in the ditch come from?

The guy who endod, why did he do that????

It doesn't look like there is another bike there, then the guy goes over the bars and another rider appears in the ditch.

And in the beginning they say thanks harley rider for picking up gloves in the middle f the road? nobody in the video was in the "middle" of the road.

I don't get it.
__________________
SOTGMOTT Some Of The Gear Most Of The Time
KX50002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #513
Boatman
Take me down bitch!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
I'm not sure I even know what happened there. Where did the guy laying in the ditch come from?

The guy who endod, why did he do that????

It doesn't look like there is another bike there, then the guy goes over the bars and another rider appears in the ditch.

And in the beginning they say thanks harley rider for picking up gloves in the middle f the road? nobody in the video was in the "middle" of the road.

I don't get it.

Look again,,,, there is a bike parked on the outside of the curve just before the crash. Apparently he dropped a glove and walked back to retrieve it. Walked out to pick it up, either he couldn't hear the bike bike coming around the curve or was not paying attention. Not sure how you can totally lay the blame on the guy picking up the glove.

In that situation he would have better off to run from the outside and kick the glove of the road, pick it up and walk back to where he could see/hear traffic better. The guy that hit him was a total asshat in that he crossed the line and passed the lead bike. Could have been worse if the was a car coming the other direction.
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #514
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE
 
DOGSROOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: DOGHOUSE
Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post

Could have been worse if there was a car coming the other direction.



I'm betting the Harley guy would disagree w/ you on that last point...
.
.
.
__________________
In what sense can economics still claim to be a science if its predictive capacity is so dismally low?
Timothy Garton Ash

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #515
KX50002
NooB, my ass
 
KX50002's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NEPA
Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Look again,,,, there is a bike parked on the outside of the curve just before the crash. Apparently he dropped a glove and walked back to retrieve it. Walked out to pick it up, either he couldn't hear the bike bike coming around the curve or was not paying attention. Not sure how you can totally lay the blame on the guy picking up the glove.

In that situation he would have better off to run from the outside and kick the glove of the road, pick it up and walk back to where he could see/hear traffic better. The guy that hit him was a total asshat in that he crossed the line and passed the lead bike. Could have been worse if the was a car coming the other direction.
I see it now, the bike was hard to see, seems low res hides it, and apparently I was looking through the turn as I watched the video

I'd say the blame is totally on the asshat who passed the other 2 guys and thinks the road is his racetrack. If it weren't a guy picking up a glove, but a deer, bear, dog rock, or whatever he STILL wasn't able to control his vehicle.

Hope no one got seriously hurt.
__________________
SOTGMOTT Some Of The Gear Most Of The Time
KX50002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #516
Montague
UDF Adventurer
 
Montague's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: an alternate universe, much better than yours
Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
I see it now, the bike was hard to see, seems low res hides it, and apparently I was looking through the turn as I watched the video

I'd say the blame is totally on the asshat who passed the other 2 guys and thinks the road is his racetrack. If it weren't a guy picking up a glove, but a deer, bear, dog rock, or whatever he STILL wasn't able to control his vehicle.

Hope no one got seriously hurt.
Yep, way too much speed and not ready for the little obstacles that wait around every corner, might be a person picking up a glove, might be a stopped vehicle, might be a school bus or a child, the only place you have reasonable certainty or expectation of a clear road is a track.
__________________
Honda ST1300 with Hannigan Super Sport sidecar (Hondagan), Ural Gear Up, Rokon Ranger and now an Argo, WTF is wrong with me?

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.

Montague screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 10:39 AM
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #517
Yamarocket630
Honey Badger
 
Yamarocket630's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: M-boro, TN
Oddometer: 474
Not really the point but that did not look like the dragon to me. Maybe it's just the light.
Yamarocket630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #518
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Bump.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #519
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem
 
red bud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: jaw ja
Oddometer: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePoser View Post
Not the Dragon, but a nice road just the same...



where is this, i'm headed to az. Is this something out there??
__________________
"if your not outta gas, your not lost" BDXMPL

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #520
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Oddometer: 2,856
>"where is this, i'm headed to az. Is this something out there?? "

IMHO: Looks like Baja.
__________________
"I don't really know, I've been too busy falling down."
TwilightZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #521
MitchG
Iron Collector
 
MitchG's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Simpson, NT
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by red bud View Post
where is this, i'm headed to az. Is this something out there??
Previous post says: just south of Coco's Corner, Baja CA.

Apache Trail south west of Phoenix past Tortilla Flat looks just like that......Excellent road BTW!!
__________________
Life is short, don't waste it....now get out there!

MitchG screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 08:11 PM
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #522
car94
What's this Box for?
 
car94's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: West Central Missouri
Oddometer: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by red bud View Post
where is this, i'm headed to az. Is this something out there??
Superstition Mountains, Back side on Mt Lemon, everywhere south west of Tucson looks just like this. Be careful, there are tons of stories about people getting stranded and dying a mile from their vehicles from heat stroke
__________________
Ride Your Own Ride
car94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #523
TrashCan
Scary Jerry
 
TrashCan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Louisville, Tn
Oddometer: 4,289
The road is getting back to normal.

__________________
X the DY.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #524
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePoser View Post
Not the Dragon, but a nice road just the same...

wife and I spent a month screwing around in Baja last year and went by here..... bucket list material for any human, I would think

__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #525
TrashCan
Scary Jerry
 
TrashCan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Louisville, Tn
Oddometer: 4,289
__________________
X the DY.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014