User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
jearnshaw OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Thoughts on BM gear....

After borrowing everybody's else's bikes for the last year I am now buying my own bike(2012 klr650). It is only the middle of October and already down to the 30s in the morning, so I am now researching a jacket, pants and gloves for extreme cold temps.

After reading a lot of reviews I have came across BMG. So far it is the only line of gear that I can find reviews of people using it in temps below 30 and the price seems pretty good.

I just wanted to ask everybody's thoughts on BMG....last thing I want to do is drop 600 bucks on gear then have to explain to the wife why I need to buy something else.
jearnshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Great stuff

I own rukka, motoport, aerostich, vanson - and I still think the BMG discovery jacket is one of the best cold and wet weather jackets made, and at the price it's an absolute steal. I also have the thermos port gloves and pioneer pants, all solid gear.

But if you really want to ride in the 30's comfortably, get an electric liner - at least a jacket liner. You'll thank me later.
Dave.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
BMG gear..Very good stuff!

Very good gear. I have both the Discovery Jacket/Pioneer pants combo and I recently got the BMG Adventure jacket for my dual sport riding..
I think their gear is high quality and fairly priced. The Discovery jacket is a phenomenal piece of kit that is waterproof and very warm. Their are a ton of features and the detachable neck gaiter is awesome. It's a more winter( 35-70 ) degree coat.
I may be parting with my 1 year old Discovery as it is a bit big for me and living in So Cal its just too warm for my needs. . Its a medium in black/gray and would fit anyone a 40-42 inch chest medium build. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
jearnshaw OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Thanks for the info... the setup you are running is the same thing I plan on getting.

I do have a lot of cold weather gear I can wear under the jacket so that should help.
jearnshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
dbg326
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Pretty much the same as what everyone else has said.. it's a quality product at a more than reasonable price. I bought their Ezeon pants, which are just standard, no frills/options overpants. The fact that they were 500d DuPont cordura and only $140 was what swayed me.

Also keep in mind that there's a 10% discount for ADVrider members (code is in the vendors thread somewhere)
Old 10-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,566
I add a fleece pullover and a winter wear turtle neck and am pretty comfortable. I put a bit over 300 miles on Thursday, started out in the low 30's to a high in the upper 40s, by the time I got home it was in the low 30's again. The last hour of the day I was getting kind of chilly, but not unbearable.

I am really happy with my BMG jacket.