Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Iīve got a white 2012 DL650... yeah, I like the looks!

But something "confirmed" on a French magazine / website... AND on January 19th this year Suzuki confirmed something for 2013??
Sometimes it's not a fantasy.....

SEP 2008...
Quote:
Now this could be interesting , according to motorcyclenews , yamaha are working on a 1200cc adventure/sports bike for 2009 !
TEX
Quote:
]http://www.motorradonline.de/de/heft...322/detailbild

Another crappy picture taken by coincidence somewhere around Hinckley.....
Multi...

Quote:
Just spoke to my local dealer and it looks like it is happening. Uses the current 1100 motor.
Wait and see, I like seeing how these things evolve and looking back on the speculation. Call me weird.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #32
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Iīve got a white 2012 DL650... yeah, I like the looks!

But something "confirmed" on a French magazine / website... AND on January 19th this year Suzuki confirmed something for 2013?? What a strange time of the year to make such announcement! And nice photoshopped images there, but seems more like wishful thinking once again. I do hope Iīm wrong, though, it would be nice to see something new come along.

Luckily the big shows in Cologne, or Munich, or wherever they have them this year, are not far away, so then weīll know.
they never said that the pictures they have are the actual thing. Suzuki doesn't make the same promotions like the big ones with "spyshots". If you remember the DL650 and the other new motorcycles from this year weren't spyshotted eather.

Believe in what you want. I give you the facts as I know them and if you want to be illogical about it, please be my guest. But as I said above: why would they make a face-lift to the old DL650 and not the DL1000? Illogical. They didn't do it because of the confusion that would result. Same reason why Triumph didn't do it, Why BMW named their 800GS Twin, 650GS (now 700GS) etc etc.

It's the first testing webside of France and if you don't want to believe it's your choice but pessimists never win over logic thinking.
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #33
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,474
A few small details make me think this is more than vapourware. The Bandit has ceased production. That used to be one of their mainstays. They need something to fill that gap. A naked and a half / full faired GSR based around an emission compliant motor (GSXR 1000 unit) makes sense.
Touring bike sales are flat on their ass, at least over here, while Adv bike sales are still firm. They really do need a big cube bike in that sector. If they can keep it as a litre bike, chop a chunk of weight off it, have stellar MPG - like the new Wee - and price it well under the opposition, then they'll have a winner.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #34
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,350
DL650 has outsold the 1000 by a big margin almost everywhere. Factor in the problems with the liter bike engine & emission norms, that I described earlier in this thread, and you might get an idea, why for example there has been no new DL1000 available almost anywhere in Europe for 4-5 years.

Announcing next years models in January still does not make any sense to me. The only exception is, if they would become available already in the later part of -12,which obviously does not seem to be the case here. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 09-15-2012 at 05:47 AM
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
The Game OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
What sucks is, for some reason we don't get the white 650's here in the US. We only get the Orange which looks terrible (no offense) and the black on the adventure model. And I'd get the Adventure model if it came with a top case, but you can't even buy one as an accessory and I like things to look uniform.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
dutchie
Lower than most

Oddometer: 76
DL1000 concept

Production models will be available as from end of 2013:

http://www.nieuwsmotor.nl/motornieuw...0-concept.html
dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #37
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,069
Nice... See if it happens.

Has a lot of "GS" in it. I like the forks. Can't copy and paste from the site.

svs screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 09:17 AM
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
Twilight
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Wow! That looks real bad! I was hoping for an update like the 650. I'm not gone buy that monstrosity. Copying the GS is not the way to go!

Twilight screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 10:35 AM
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #39
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Errr..
Looks like a chaffinch. Beaks are taking over the world...

Few more details on Suzuki GB website.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/dl1000l4/

Paulvt1 screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 09:50 AM
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,621
MTS Beak?

Tenere muffler?

The rest of it is excellent though.

D.T. screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 10:09 AM
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #41
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Now the shock has worn off, i reckon if this is priced right and gets the stellar MPG that the wee gets, then it could be a serious seller for 'zook.
Odd though that it's a 2014 bike. Looks ready to go as is..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

As itīs still a concept, the styling might well change (and I hope that front fairing does change a bit – but other than that, I like it!) And I think it could be one hell of a bike. Theyīve probably needed to design that 1000cc twin from scratch, as itīll have to comply with the upcoming Euro-4 emission norms. And thatīs not an easy job, to make it run nice at the same time (...thinking maybe thatīs the reason they donīt bring it for sale in -13?)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #43
K0m4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
I'd also hoped for a resemblance to the 650, which is actually quite sleek and nice looking. Who'd a thunk they could do one uglier than the original DL! That beak just has to go. Looks like the multistrada

Still tho, I'd probably be in the market for one.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #44
roll_it_on
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I'm just happy to see them moving forward at least. I wonder if they will have fixed the clutch baskets.......
roll_it_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #45
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

"Featuring Traction Control and integrated luggage as standard"

That cannot possibly refer to the changeable engine mapping, so itīll be the very first Suzuki with TC, right (unless theyīll introduce it at the same time to the GSX-R1000, for example)?

Actually I donīt care what it looks like, because while riding I wonīt be able to see it anyway... and Iīve owned a couple of older Wees in the past, so I already know about ugly