Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-o View Post
I'm a EE - think ill find em comfy?
Dean
Dean@learntoride.org
615 545 1111 texts ok
Depends. I'm an E width. When I first got them they were tight. Like wear thin socks and still feel compressed tight. But they stretched out fairly quickly with use. I just wore out my first pair (55k miles over 4 years) and the new pair is, well, tight.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
dean-o OP
Dabs often

Oddometer: 804
thanks boondox

Appreciate the reply.
dean
dean-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
chrome bandit
Wide footed adventurer

Oddometer: 297
I'm a 4E 10.5 in New Balance sneakers...bought the BMW size 45 18 months ago...they were tight first couple of weeks, then they broke in. Now if I wear thin socks there's too much room. The boots have held up well...I wear these to Alaska last summer with Keens as my backup. All good. The waterproofing has held up as well, no issues.

While I would wear these in a store or resturant, I suggest not wearing them for extended walks or hikes...not enough support in the soles, even tho I've added a Superfeet insole for additional support.

All in all, good purchase.
chrome bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
k1w1t1m
Kiwi

Oddometer: 896
They are great boots but do try them on in the store and make sure they fit right before deciding. I tried on some 48s and thought they were too big. The 47s felt great, just right. I swapped out the insoles for some Dr Schols and they felt even better. I walked out of the store in them and voided the return policy.
I then found that during extended wear that the seam on my socks and the end of the toe box (where it finishes, across the top of the toes) combined to make hotspots on my big and little toes. I thought they might break in (at that point) but no joy yet after about three months. I wear them now with or without an insole depending on the socks I wear. It's my fault and I wish I'd gone with the 48s and ADDED the insole.
When this pair wears out another pair will definitely be at the top of the list to replace them.

'01 BMW R1150GS
k1w1t1m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
RForestR
In the Woods

Oddometer: 167
Awesome boot that seem to "conform" to your foot shape over time

Mine are well broken in, over 50K kms (so...30K miles or so) still comfy, still waterproof and I can comfortably wear them off the bike for a number of hours without feeling like I'm walking like a duck....

Once these are finally trashed, I'll be grabbing another pair.
Testament to the boot.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
DHC-2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
^ Very similar review to RForestR. I wear a 9.5E, bought the 43 Allround, perfect fit. They feel like boxes for a while, but quickly conform to your feet. Waterproof. Comfortable. Reasonably priced as compared to other brands, in my opinion. I`d buy them again. Not sure if this is helpful, since I don`t wear an EE...
DHC-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #8
BigChris99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
I know this doesn't help with your width question, but I need to chime in with how good these boots are. I wear a D width and my 45's fit great. I bought mine a couple of months ago from an inmate here. I wore them today on the ride to work. I really like these boots. Comfortable and light, easy to walk in. These are my first pair of motorcycle specific boots and I think I made a great choice. After the holidays I might go down the the BMW dealer and buy myself a second pair, just in case..... I don't even ride a BMW, but I think their gear is good stuff. They seem to work just fine on my GoldWing, Valkyrie and even my KLR. Wearing them on a KLR would make the Beemer guys die if they knew. Lol! Hope you can get them to fit your feet. Good luck.

IBA#7849

1997 Honda Valkyrie, 1998 Kawasaki KLR 650
BigChris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
mike cummins
OUTBACK RIDER

Oddometer: 677
boots

i have been wearing the bmw savanah boots for 10 years and lots of k's on and off road, they are the most comfortable i have owned.
mike cummins is offline   Reply With Quote