Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #61
DynaSport OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
OK ladies, I'll try to make this short. The OP got his panties in a bunch over a couple of fun blockers, and started an anti-HD thread. But it was actually a couple of old wings that were blocking his fun. We all seem to agree that it's not the bike but the riders mentality that leads to this all too common occurance. I see it like this, 75% of american drivers out there are a bunch of inconsiderate, self absorbed, distracted, selfish, non-driving assholes. Not only driving motorcycles, but every type of motor vehicle out there. Sad that we have one of the best highway systems in the world, with a majority population too unskilled and ignorant to use it, at times, to the point of being dangerous or deadly. As long as people in this country continue to consider driving as their "right" instead of the privilage that it is, this trend will never change and in my opinion will only get worse. Proper driver training is the key. We don't have that here. Our drivers training is a joke when compared to others. So, until changes are made in that direction, expect lots more of the same. And another thing, I really don't give a shit if you like my brand of motorcycle or not. I didn't buy it for you to like. So, STFU about it already.

A few corrections.

First, I don't wear panties.

Second, this thread was not started as an anti-HD thread, so get your panties out of a bunch. I don't dislike HDs. As I stated earlier, there is one in my garage now and I have owned a HD for the last ten years.

Third, there were multiple incidents. One was caused by Gold Wing riders, the others by HD riders.

Fourth, what I was attempting to express, apparently with limited success, is that I am beginning to see why there are so many who complain about HD riders, as there does appear to be a good number of them who are unwilling to be courteous enough to let someone by who would like to go faster than they are riding.

Now let me go see if I can figure out a way to express an honest opinion on here without it being misunderstood by half the people on the board. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. Hearing different opinions encourages me to rethink my own opinions and either strengthens them or motivates me to change them. So, all you guys who insist on riding slow and not letting me pass, could you at least post funny sayings on the back of your jackets so I'll have something to entertain me while traffic stacks up behind us?
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #62
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaSport View Post
A few corrections.

First, I don't wear panties.

Second, this thread was not started as an anti-HD thread, so get your panties out of a bunch. I don't dislike HDs. As I stated earlier, there is one in my garage now and I have owned a HD for the last ten years.

Third, there were multiple incidents. One was caused by Gold Wing riders, the others by HD riders.

Fourth, what I was attempting to express, apparently with limited success, is that I am beginning to see why there are so many who complain about HD riders, as there does appear to be a good number of them who are unwilling to be courteous enough to let someone by who would like to go faster than they are riding.

Now let me go see if I can figure out a way to express an honest opinion on here without it being misunderstood by half the people on the board. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. Hearing different opinions encourages me to rethink my own opinions and either strengthens them or motivates me to change them. So, all you guys who insist on riding slow and not letting me pass, could you at least post funny sayings on the back of your jackets so I'll have something to entertain me while traffic stacks up behind us?
Maybe the limited success that you are having in expressing your self is due to your limited understanding of how to enjoy your ride. The venting you are doing here will not change the world and make all those slow riders get out of your way. It will however reinforce your feeling that you can not enjoy your ride because of those slow riders. A simpler and more effective solution would be to relax, enjoy the scenery and be patient. Your attitude is the only attitude that you can effectively change.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #63
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,476
You don't wear panties? Uhmm...your a commando then?
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #64
DynaSport OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
You don't wear panties? Uhmm...your a commando then?
You seem to be displaying a tremendous amount of interest in my underwear.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #65
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,476
Ouch! nice volley.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #66
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,216
A picture is worth a thousand words...and then some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #67
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,502
For crying out loud, if a fellow rider wants to go faster, get the hell out of the way and let him go.

Sanctimonious spoilsports with attitudes.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #68
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tallnwide View Post

Why post that pic? Everyone already knows that cyclists are douchebags.

Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #69
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
For crying out loud, if a fellow rider wants to go faster, get the hell out of the way and let him go.

Sanctimonious spoilsports with attitudes.

The same can be said about someone that wants to force others off the road just because they are trying to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend ride .... on a public road no less..

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 06:27 PM
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #70
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
The same can be said about someone that wants to force others off the road just because they are trying to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend ride .... on a public road no less..
You know, I really don't think I agree. If you are just toodling along at the posted speed or at the limit of your comfort zone in primo twisties, taking in the sights, then it's no big deal to move over and let the faster/better rider by. I mean, it's not like you're in a hurry.

Move over. You get to enjoy your sightseeing ride and so does the rider who likes to ride faster.

And this from a guy who rides a Harley.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #71
625SXC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
You know, I really don't think I agree. If you are just toodling along at the posted speed or at the limit of your comfort zone in primo twisties, taking in the sights, then it's no big deal to move over and let the faster/better rider by. I mean, it's not like you're in a hurry.

Move over. You get to enjoy your sightseeing ride and so does the rider who likes to ride faster.

And this from a guy who rides a Harley.
AHMEN BRUTHA'!
2006 KTM 200 XC-W
2003 KTM 200SX/EXC hybrid
625SXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #72
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
There's a lot of whining here.

I let faster riders go past cuz I don't want someone on my tail and I REALLY don't want some asswipe to plow into my backside when I hit the brakes to avoid deer/rocks/drunk. And if they pass me it's kinda interesting to find out what happens to them farther down the road if they crash or get nailed by the cops.

However, when I come up on people I never expect them to "let" me pass. it's nice if they do, but I don't get upset if they don't make way for me. I understand if I'm passing people I'm generally speeding, and I don't expect people to aid me.

Most importantly, if I can't pass another rider or group of riders or car or truck or haywagon on a freakin' motorcycle when I go solo then I should get my mancard pulled. And I ride a slow motorcycle.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #73
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
What kind of Nancy boy motorcycle rider can't pass a slow-moving vehicle unless the driver/rider of that vehicle "lets" them? If you can't pass a slow-moving vehicle on a motorcycle you shouldn't be riding in the first place.
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #74
fhowell55
poser

Oddometer: 142
Sweet Jeezus

I feel your pain.

I read your ride experience. All you can do is, if they won't get over,
do your best to pass safely and rapidly.

I also read several posts beyond your post. Loved that post from one of our ADV
members saying "if they're going the speed limit, they have no obligation to
make way for you."

TO HELL WITH THAT ATTITUDE. if someone is gaining on me, no matter what
speed i am riding or driving, i make way. the left lane (or the middle of the road)
is for passing. period. i tell my kids to yield to people who are going faster than
they are.

and i double-loved a quote in the ADV member's post at the bottom. (the one
who says being a rolling road block is fine and dandy.) the quote is
WAKE UP AMERICA.. what a JOKE.

i bet he's the one at the rally, holding the sign saying
"Keep the Government out of my Medicare."

fhowell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #75
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
This thread as been reposted so many times in so many forms 205 doesn't apply anymore, its mental masturbation till the cows come home. The HD riders pay taxes and are entitled to their pursuit of happiness, especially when there is many more of them to kick your ass if your pursuit happiness interferes with theirs.
To the OP, try revolving around the world cause it ain't gonna revolve around you, just the way it is.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote