Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #511
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,402
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by locorider View Post
Back in 2010 I was considering riding up to Ak and the budget was at $100/day. Now I think it might go up to $150-$200 a day....just for budgeting purpose.
I went last July and your numbers are spot on, especially if you stay in the motels. I really enjoy Anna's riding and writing.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #512
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Back in 2010 I was considering riding up to Ak and the budget was at $100/day. Now I think it might go up to $150-$200 a day....just for budgeting purpose.
Thanks, that is actually a very simple explanation that helps out a bunch! I'm planning one in a coupe years. Have another one planned before that.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #513
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,431
Thanks! The problem here is the oil price. As it goes up, everything else does. ( Very diferent when it comes down...it takes time you know)So, food, oil, tires, motels, etc . I was planning to be on the road for a month, so do the math. Basically it has doubled....and considering the overhead I have, which includes sailing the bike from PR...it gets difficult for me at this point time.

I really like the way she describes every detail, every interaction and her inner voice. It is refreshing and keeps you coming back for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico2072 View Post
Thanks, that is actually a very simple explanation that helps out a bunch! I'm planning one in a coupe years. Have another one planned before that.

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #514
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Thanks! The problem here is the oil price. As it goes up, everything else does. ( Very diferent when it comes down...it takes time you know)So, food, oil, tires, motels, etc . I was planning to be on the road for a month, so do the math. Basically it has doubled....and considering the overhead I have, which includes sailing the bike from PR...it gets difficult for me at this point time.

I really like the way she describes every detail, every interaction and her inner voice. It is refreshing and keeps you coming back for more!
Pretty cool, I'm from PR and heading down to visit next saturday. Will be near Dorado.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #515
Roadinator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Can't believe I just spent 90 minutes going through this RR at work. Crap, now I have to stay late and make up the time, but well worth it. Great job and I was pulling for your success! My sister lives in Charlottesvile and we use the Crozet exit to get there; so when you started with why you are doing it and where you started from (and of course the bike also gets it's props) I was hooked.
Roadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #516
Storyteller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Great Job...

...you are doing! Great adventure, great reading, great stories...in short...great for you!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #517
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,338
Reading this inspired me to write a report of my big trip I did in 2010. Thanks for sharing all you have. I'm staying tuned for the rest.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #518
EffinNewGuy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
This RR is too good to be this far back.

If you haven't read the whole thing and subscribed, then you hate baby seals.
EffinNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #519
elite1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
While we wait for Anna....

Check this kid out. One of the best RR I have ever read.....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716516
10 Triumph Thruxton - ton up bitch ; 86 Elite 150 Deluxe - pimpin' 80's icon ; 78 Puch Newport - still in the family. Still can't outrun Fido. ; 07 Elite 80 - bulletproof but boring - sold ; 82 Honda Ft500 Ascot - The lil' donkey's bed - gone but not forgotten.
elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #520
Lacedaemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Amazing

I just lost most of a morning of work reading this. I'm actually kind of glad it's taking a while to get the reports out - it let me catch up even though I started out months late. Now I feel like part of the thread instead some sort of behind the curve onlooker.

looking forward to seeing the rest of you report as it comes out. Take your time, it's worth the wait, plus I need a break from the report to get stuff done!
Lacedaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #521
astroguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
Check this kid out. One of the best RR I have ever read.....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716516

I'll heartily second your opinion!! Think I'll read it again now that you've reminded me. Great kid!
astroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #522
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,027
His writing is raw compared to her eloquence, but both reports are worth reading. I'm just hoping for an update here, sometime soon. tomp dd50
Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #523
RidingUpAndDown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Great pillion-pegs-down ride there kiddo, your brother is no doubt smiling big time. Your parents & other family must be very proud. You should be too.

A long solo trek is a very personal journey, amazing what you hear from the person, inside the helmet in this case; the ups and downs, loneliness, elation, fears, the questions and answers and the confidence and peace... and those magical moments that overtake you where it’s hard to see what’s ahead because of the sudden upwelling of emotion in your eyes. Talk about getting in touch.
Thank you for sharing!

Wondering, did u ever do a pubic write-up of your thru-hike on the AT?? I’d be very interested in that. That there is a real ‘walk in the woods’. Time of yr? w/ friend(s)? S to N? How long? ...

Keep on.

All the Best.
Cheers, dean
Old 05-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #524
ArmyMedic
Flyin' Elvis, UT Chapter

Oddometer: 485
Anna,
Thanks for your RR. I just spent my last two days at work getting nothing done but read your report and prepare for my own journey up north. I really felt like I was with you the whole trip the way your writing pulled me in. One of the best reports I've ever read. I wish you the best and hope you have more adventures in the future. Maybe one day our paths will cross out on the road.

RecoveryThreads.com
ArmyMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #525
WarLlama
belligerent cameloid

Oddometer: 16,608

Great ride report! Great pics! Great commentary!

Thanks for sharing.

The Radian is a fun bike to ride, I really enjoyed mine when I took it from Toronto to New Orleans and back.
WarLlama is online now   Reply With Quote