ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #46
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTN roads View Post
Great thread, really enjoying the pictures
Thanks. If you ever get the urge to try trials riding send me an email or PM and come out Sunday to ride. The first time I rode my bike I was really disappointed. Very different than what I expected. I had to learn to ride all over again as everything is new. Took me about 3-4 times before I really had fun and then I was hooked.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #47
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

March 31 was an excellent day for a ride.

I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy this beautiful day.....that has been way overdue. Maybe winter will be coming to an end after all.

The experts are always helping us learn how to improve.

Practicing the basics. Starts off like this....

And progresses to this!

And this.

I sure hope this weather stays and we have many more days like this to ride. Winter was just a bit much for me.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #48
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

April 7th ride.

It was just a bit on the cool side in the AM. But it only takes 10 minutes of riding to get warm. Got real windy and made it even more challenging to ride.

We found a nice new section to ride.....seems like we are always finding new sections to ride.

This was a rock that was split and the piece on the side had a top edge about 3-4" wide and it was at a 45 degree angle. Only for the experts.

Just when i thought I had great throttle control I end up giving it a little bit too much going up on a big (for me) rock. The front end kept going up even when the rear tire was on top of the rock. I was able to recover and took a break until my heart rate got back to normal. Sorry...no pics. It would have been funny to see as I was told my eyes were popping out of my head.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #49
OldGeez
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Yes, your eyes were wide open and I thought for sure that you would be visiting the ER but you skillfully recovered.
OldGeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #50
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 753
Not to derail your thread, but there is looking like a small chance that I might be moving out to ID on the Boise side but don't to much riding on Sundays.

If I do end up out that way dose anyone in the group ride on Saturday? or would it end up just my family out there?

Oh and yes My 11 year old has a Beta Rev 80, my wife has a Gas Gas TXT Pro 125, and I have a 4RT.

BTW: love the looks of the rocks and sections you have out there, so if I do end up out that way I am sure I will love all the fun they would bring!
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
I can't ride on Sunday's until the middle of November, I would be interested in riding on Saturdays if anyone else is up for it. I was Todd today and he said he would also be interested in some trials riding on Saturdays.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #52
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
I can't ride on Sunday's until the middle of November, I would be interested in riding on Saturdays if anyone else is up for it. I was Todd today and he said he would also be interested in some trials riding on Saturdays.
Will be a month or two if I do end up coming out that way, so will keep you updated. Glad to here there is at least a few people that could do Saturdays.

Good luck finding a buddy to ride with tell I get there Handy.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGeez View Post
Yes, your eyes were wide open and I thought for sure that you would be visiting the ER but you skillfully recovered.
I should have bought a lotto ticket as it was my lucky day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
Not to derail your thread, but there is looking like a small chance that I might be moving out to ID on the Boise side but don't to much riding on Sundays.

If I do end up out that way dose anyone in the group ride on Saturday? or would it end up just my family out there?

Oh and yes My 11 year old has a Beta Rev 80, my wife has a Gas Gas TXT Pro 125, and I have a 4RT.

BTW: love the looks of the rocks and sections you have out there, so if I do end up out that way I am sure I will love all the fun they would bring!
Hey with your family here we would have enough people to start a club.
Always good to have more people to ride with. Hope to see you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
So that is why we have not seen you for a while. Now we have a dual sport ride this Saturday but other Saturdays may be open. Send an email blast to the group and I am sure you will find someone to ride Saturday's. We need more Beta's out there!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #54
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

I hope I can make it out there, the truth is that as much as I like Seattle I would like the change.

Will let you know if its really going to happen.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #55
OldGeez
n00b

We can always ride on Saturday. We have one of our riders who has to work on Saturdays so we opted to Sunday so he could ride. I can ride both days so if he has to work I can always ride both days. We hope you make it down from rainy Seattle and can join in our fun soon.
OldGeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #56
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

April 13, 2013

A great day for riding. Started out clear and sunny. Somehow I got the time mixed up with Saturdays dual sport time and ended up getting there an hour late. I stayed late to make up the lost hour.

Vern style. When in doubt, gas it!

This was a fun challenge.

Both ways.

The tongue must help as Bart was the only one to try it this way. What happens when it warms up and the fly's come out?

Another great day of trials riding.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #57
bravobravo445
n00b

Flys

I was hungry and hoping to catch some bugs with my mouth open. When it finally warms up I will get free food while I am riding.
bravobravo445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobravo445 View Post
I was hungry and hoping to catch some bugs with my mouth open. When it finally warms up I will get free food while I am riding.
Insects are all protein.......from what I hear.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

4-28-13 ride

We spent the first hour or two in the "rock garden". A lot of fun and a lot of work. I never imagined that riding so slow could be such an intense workout.

Kind of like riding whoops off road. Legs are constantly flexing and doing squats. Even the bikes got tired and needed a little nap.

After the real "insanity workout" we moved on to something a little more open.

The old pro's schooled me in how to climb big rock faces as I watched and thought yea.....maybe someday....or maybe not.

I went home and ate and slept the rest of the day. I hope I was not the only one who felt wiped out from that work out. Great day for trials riding.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #60
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

In Boise aria this weekend

I am in town this weekend, don't have my bike with me but was thinking it might be nice to see the playground if I have time.

Anyone able to PM with the directions?