ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #61
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 580
PM sent. I will be out of town but there will be a couple of riders out there at 9AM Sunday for a couple of hours. You can park and if you walk around you can get an idea of the "sections". See ya next time.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #62
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 754
Thanks! My wife and daughter will be with me so it will be good to see what its all about out there.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #63
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Nice to see a few of you...

It was great to meet a few of you this last weekend, looking forward to coming out to play on the rocks with you all some time soon.

I will post up here when I am out that way with the bikes and let everyone know when the family will be able to come out to ride.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #64
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

May 19 Point of Rocks.

Went to a new (to me) riding spot. Very different than the usual. Lots of big rock faces to ride up, down, across. Really fun and I was full of adrenalin riding and did not feel tired at all. Then I went home had lunch and kept the recliner from floating away for an hour or so. Just when I thought I was in good riding shape.....trials riding kicks my arse.

Couldn't keep the front wheel down. Great traction on those rocks.

Got to practice riding hills. As usual it was bigger/steeper than it looks in the pic.

Great place for trials riding and pretending to be mountain goats. There were some other really good rides up big/steep/narrow rocks that were done when I had the camera put away. Looking forward to the next ride.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #65
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

06-02-13 What a ride!

Beautiful sunny and not too hot day for riding. The regulars were all there except for 1 who is out with a broken wrist from mountain biking. Really grateful he did not do this trials riding. Save us from having to take him to an ER and figure out where to pawn his bike and new truck.

A rider did not quite make it up this rock. Had to put his foot down and of course it had to happen where the rock was cracked open.....so his foot went into the crack. The bike rolled over him and his leg twisted about as far as it could go without something......giving. Still rang his bell quite good.

We had a incredible day of riding and what better way to end it than with....

AND

We all ate and drank too much and had a long BS session. Enjoyed by all......except the guy with the broken wrist.

Maybe next time.....GWS.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #66
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

July 14th ride

Had a real good ride this Sunday and saw some people we have not seen in a long......long time. Just like riding a bicycle, you never really forget.

Our mentors showing how it is done.

Got to say this is the first time I have ever been the first one there. I know it will never happen again. This ride started just before 7AM so we could get a few hours in before it gets hot.

Also rode on July 21. Sorry - no pictures. We actually rode a section that was about a 1/2 mile from the trucks. I was too lazy to go back (all that way) and get my camera. Glad to see the broken wrist has mended well enough to get back on the bike.

SCExpat screwed with this post 07-21-2013 at 05:23 PM Reason: fix pic link.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #67
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Butte

Did I miss the Montana pictures somewhere ???? That was a small hint! Mark
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #68
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

I wish work hadn't been so demanding this weekend, I would have loved to have been there with you all. I am going to be free Saturday morning next weekend to ride so hope a few of you can make it out then. If not I will be on vacation over the weekend of the 3rd/4th so it will be the 10th/11th when I can ride with all of you next.

PS. I am a little more free this week so maybe I can get some of my video from the last time I rode with all of you and post it up here. :)
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #69
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Did I miss the Montana pictures somewhere ???? That was a small hint! Mark
Sorry but I don't think I have any pictures of you riding there.....

Well this is the "Boise" trials riders thread and even if it was not in Boise a couple of riders went there.....

The entrance....good to see as it was quite a few miles with a few turns down small dirt roads.

My mentor (Brian) cleaning his section

Dan Larsen riding the Champ line.

A couple of videos I took of Dan.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?p...24832533871020

Really, really fun to watch him ride.

See ya there next year!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #70
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Laugh A great Saturday!

My wife, daughter and I went for a, great morning, ride. Hit the playground at about 8AM and spent 3 1/2 hours riding. The weather was as great and the riding was great fun!

Video uploading should be available soon.

jonnyc21 screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 09:43 PM Reason: Video not done uploading.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #71
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

10-6 ride at the playground

Well it started out a bit cold but it turned out to be a perfect day for riding.

Of course all this riding makes one a bit tired........

Sometimes ya just gotta take a little nap.......er dirt nap. Still great fun for those of us who did not get caught napping.

We have been riding every Sunday.....just not posting. Brian and I went to McCall last weekend for what we thought would be a great weekend of riding......spent most of the time inside watching it rain. Then there was a few hours Saturday afternoon that it stopped raining and we gotr out for a little ride. The rocks we ride on (think Moab) were really slick so we could not ride where we were planning. But we did find a small level place that turned out to be really challenging. I learned that I had been slacking off on my technique and using the engine to power up stuff and that just does not work when it is really slick.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #72
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Good news!
In a few short weeks I will once again be unemployed so I will be able to make the Sunday rides again!
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #73
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Good news!
In a few short weeks I will once again be unemployed so I will be able to make the Sunday rides again!
Great......I think. Too bad you have to be unemployed but great to see you back out there riding again.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #74
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Utah trials

You guys missed a very good trials down at Desert Mountain,Utah last Saturday.30 people or so and fun sections.Next one reasonable distance for you guys is December 6 [Sat.] in Elberta. Site is 40 minutes SW of Provo.Fantastic place to ride.Mark
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #75
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
You guys missed a very good trials down at Desert Mountain,Utah last Saturday.30 people or so and fun sections.Next one reasonable distance for you guys is December 6 [Sat.] in Elberta. Site is 40 minutes SW of Provo.Fantastic place to ride.Mark
Hey Mark....thanks for the heads up............after the event. We went to Connell, WA to ride a rainy day trials Sat. and a nice sunny fun ride Sunday.
I broke my rear brake pedal and got to ride 3 loops on a 2013 Ossa.

Make sure and post the Elberta trials info here........before the event.

Do they have an amateur class like Montana?