ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #76
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Utah trials

Elberta is the next one that is reasonable distance from Boise.12-6 is the date and is located off of Highway 6 south and west of Provo.All the info and maps are on [utahtrials.com].Great place to ride and most of the time even in the winter it is ok to ride because it is in a area that is protected from bad weather.Utah does have an amateur class that is about the same difficulty as Montana.Mark
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #77
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Elberta is the next one that is reasonable distance from Boise.12-6 is the date and is located off of Highway 6 south and west of Provo.All the info and maps are on [utahtrials.com].Great place to ride and most of the time even in the winter it is ok to ride because it is in a area that is protected from bad weather.Utah does have an amateur class that is about the same difficulty as Montana.Mark
This sounds like a great event. But........it really depends on the weather. I want clear sky's and clear roads for the weekend. I'll be there as long as the weather is good. Yea I am a fair weather rider.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #78
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
This sounds like a great event. But........it really depends on the weather. I want clear sky's and clear roads for the weekend. I'll be there as long as the weather is good. Yea I am a fair weather rider.
Only blue sky and dry ground for Mike

Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #79
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Only blue sky and dry ground for Mike
Well ya know "cabin fever" can make one do things they look back at and wonder what the @#*&!!!! was I thinking. Besides I was told trials riders can ride year round there!

My big concern would be taking off on a 6 hour road trip when it is snowing. I would hate to be one of the cars/trucks in the ditch you drive by after the storm when the roads have been plowed.

SCExpat screwed with this post 10-18-2013 at 06:07 PM Reason: gromer airs
Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #80
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Still riding.

Great weather for trials riding. It is quite intense and the cooler weather is nice. Kind of like skiing. Feel cold at first but once you start moving, working, you warm up quickly. Too much fun.

Just saw a trials bike listed for sale on CL if anyone is thinking about it you would have people to ride with.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #81
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
Great weather for trials riding. It is quite intense and the cooler weather is nice. Kind of like skiing. Feel cold at first but once you start moving, working, you warm up quickly. Too much fun.

I'm not a trials type rider, but I stumbled on this thread and found the picture's to be awesome! Now, in my free fall/winter time gonna spend some time to read and watch the video's here. Very cool!

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #82
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Finally done working on Sundays and I wrecked my bike a week and a half ago and tweeked my back. Then last week I wrecked my truck so now that my back is feeling better I have no way to get the trials bike out there.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #83
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
I'm not a trials type rider, but I stumbled on this thread and found the picture's to be awesome! Now, in my free fall/winter time gonna spend some time to read and watch the video's here. Very cool!
Glad you like the pictures. Lots of great riders doing incredible stuff on trials bikes on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Finally done working on Sundays and I wrecked my bike a week and a half ago and tweeked my back. Then last week I wrecked my truck so now that my back is feeling better I have no way to get the trials bike out there.
Hey at this rate you will be out in time for the first snow ride.
I hope this little string of bad luck is gone before you come out to ride.....I fall off enough already.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #84
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 869
What thoughts do you all have regarding growing the group?

Great thread I am following on the "Life or Slow Death for Observed Trials"
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945648

Just wondering if the group is interested in playing with some of the ideas to maybe get the group larger? I don't want to advocate anything that the group might not be intrested in but I would love to have a larger group.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #85
mung
Studly Adventurer

Hey Boise Guys

March 1 is the first Utah trials of the year.Delta[2 hours sw of SLC] is the place to be.Second round is in Elberta [1 hour sw of Provo] on March 22 and is a fantastic place to ride. Mark
Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #86
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Thumb Saturday fun.

Had a great time, wife, daughter, and I all went out to the rocks at 1PM and it was great!

Didn't get any shots of the wife but a quick video with some highlights of our day.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #87
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
March 1 is the first Utah trials of the year.Delta[2 hours sw of SLC] is the place to be.Second round is in Elberta [1 hour sw of Provo] on March 22 and is a fantastic place to ride. Mark
Thanks for posting this. I took a look and not sure I like the giant teeter totter.

Am I right in thinking it will be $40 for, a non member, to ride that event? Does that include your special "line selection" coaching?

Ya know the INTA http://www.inwta.com only charges $20 and that include membership so any other events are only $15. Must be the high cost of living in Utah.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #88
mung
Studly Adventurer

An event is 25 for members,40 for nonmembers so really it would be better to join for 20 and then each event is 25. You would be set for the year.There are probably 4 events that are a decent drive from Boise.Do not worry about the teeter totter-it is only for beginners and novices.See you guys in a week. Mark
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #89
mung
Studly Adventurer

You guys missed out !!!!!!!!!!! Great fun in Delta Saturday.INTA has how many members? We have 25 maybe.$25 is cheap for a day of fun.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #90
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Wish I could have been there. My dad's truck died and I ended up helping him most of Saturday insted.

I am going to see if I can make the next one.