User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
airdale7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Lookout!!! Deer!

Every year about this time the roads around Lake Tenkiller become dangeraous for moto riders. Deer are being hunted and shoot at and they come running onto the roadway with no warning.

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Robert^
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Good point. A buck took me out in a pickup truck because of this - ran down a steep embankment and out from behind a van coming the other way. Neither of us had a chance. It was a small truck and a big slowdown and shot the deer across the road like a billiard ball. I was braking hard before I even knew what was going on and my arms, neck, and shoulders hurt from the impact. Do not try this on a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
Every year about this time the roads around Lake Tenkiller become dangeraous for moto riders. Deer are being hunted and shoot at and they come running onto the roadway with no warning.
Robert^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
man it's year round down here in alabama. i dread them! my aunt hit one at night in the late 90's and it totaled a 92 corolla. you know how many of those they made and how cheap replacement parts are? tore that car all up!
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,260
Deer are dangerous where I live in northern Arkansas all year around, but right now (hunting season) is particularly bad. I have to admit I'm rather twitchy when I ride to work each morning... every little movement in the ditches or trees and I instinctively roll off the throttle.

Everyone be careful.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
tmak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Took one out on my bike about a years ago. Was doing 60 when I cut it in half, I was lucky enough to keep the bike up. I'm still very nervous when the leafs start to change and its getting late in the day. Nothing to mess with at all....
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
ty.zardoz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Eek

Where I live in Nova Scotia there are deer on the road at any time of the year... makes me wish I hadn't given up hunting so many years ago. At night in the "deep dark places" I use my air horn to get them to pop up their heads so I can at least get a look at them BEFORE they might bolt onto the road in front of me

tyz
ty.zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote