Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #16
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Daamit why didn't they get that going before I left ....
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
OSJ
Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer: 1,052
just confirmed baby sitter for the kids, Flight and Hotel booked, Looks like the OSJ's will be there!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
brewer90
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
Anybody have legit info on shuttles to/from the track? The website is terrible, still focused on F1 I find.

They did have some shuttle info on the COTA website (now i can't find it), mind you it was all about when F1 was on.

I'd rather fly in and stay near a shuttle stop than rent a car/parking/gas if it is just gonna sit all day anyway.
If the two shuttle locations are the same as F1 (15th and Trinity and the Travis County Expo Center) then you will just want to stay downtown and catch that shuttle. The expo center is way out in BFE and there are no hotels nearby you would want to stay at. If you are flying all the way to Austin for the race you might as well enjoy the city.
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Daamit why didn't they get that going before I left ....
Maybe you know someone here with a spare bedroom and bike to ride to the race?

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
pacman1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
I have a hotel room reserved at the downtown Courtyard Marriott just a couple blocks off 6th (think bars, pubs, restaurants, etc), and depending on if the wife and kids decide to come, I may have room to let.
Burleson, Texas

pacman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Maybe you know someone here with a spare bedroom and bike to ride to the race?

I think I could probably rustle one up, problem is April is hammered! April 6 - 7 is the Desert 100 in Washington, April 13 - 14 is the Bug Boil, in AUSTIN... April 19 - 21 Moto GP.... arg. Can't believe my Austin homies scheduled the Bug Boil for the weekend before Moto GP, I coulda killed two birds with one stone!
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Hey! You local guys, thanks for the tips.
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #23
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman1 View Post
I have a hotel room reserved at the downtown Courtyard Marriott just a couple blocks off 6th (think bars, pubs, restaurants, etc), and depending on if the wife and kids decide to come, I may have room to let.
That's a good location. Walking distance for the downtown stuff.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
OSJ
Formally DunkinDuck

You think the website is bad...trying calling them! Holy smokes, I sure do hope they put on a better race than a phone system or website.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #25
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
I and a good friend are going to ride down from KS. He grew up in Austin and said we will stay with family there, my only concern is he said no need to get tickets till we get there that there will be plenty, hate to get there and not be able to get in?. any reason to worry?. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
philosobrad
problem_solvent

Oddometer: 202
Austin MotoGP lodging

I have a deal at the Embassy Suites for 3 nights I booked late last year, while the gettin was good. In the meantime, I've gained access to an RV. I'll hold on to this reservation till the week prior, but will let it go at face value, saving someone 50 bucks a night. The cost as of today on the website is 200 per night plus taxes and fees!!!! My cost is 150 plus tax per night. It's a 2 double bed suite with living room/foldout couch combo, so can sleep several. Let me know if interested.

Checking in Thursday, April 18
Checking out Sunday, April 21
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,881
Camping

Any of you locals know anything about the camping in this area? Near the track? Anywhere? I called one place, he claimed he was right across from the track. He wanted $300 a night. No way......Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...BTW, this will be for tent camping.
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
OSJ
Formally DunkinDuck

Talked with someone at COTA and found out there no shuttles (like they did with F1) for the Motogp races.

If you purchase reserved seating you will also be able to get into all the GA areas.

We are thinking of grandstand, but don't know the difference between main grandstand club, or main grandstand lower? Wondering which one would be better? We want to make sure we have covered seating, my wife burns so easy and need to be able to sit in shade if possible.

I love trying good local food when I travel someplace I've never been too. So when I'm in Austin, what is the one thing I must try before I leave? And where do I get it!?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSJ View Post
Talked with someone at COTA and found out there no shuttles (like they did with F1) for the Motogp races.

If you purchase reserved seating you will also be able to get into all the GA areas.

We are thinking of grandstand, but don't know the difference between main grandstand club, or main grandstand lower? Wondering which one would be better? We want to make sure we have covered seating, my wife burns so easy and need to be able to sit in shade if possible.

I love trying good local food when I travel someplace I've never been too. So when I'm in Austin, what is the one thing I must try before I leave? And where do I get it!?

yes......yes ..........yes.........ya'll homeboys.............give us the skinny........
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
philosobrad
problem_solvent

Oddometer: 202
My deal is half that, comes with free evening booze, AND a cooked to order breakfast.