Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #76
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,270
correct-a-mundo on the trackside camping.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #77
skeelo221
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
That blows that there is no shuttle! Anyone with a rig want to offer up (or sell) 2 seats for me and the lady to get out there Sat. and Sun?

We are big pimping at the Hostelling International Austin and we are just planning on using Car2Go to get around town but we were banking on a shuttle to get to the track....
skeelo221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #78
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Oddometer: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeelo221 View Post
That blows that there is no shuttle! Anyone with a rig want to offer up (or sell) 2 seats for me and the lady to get out there Sat. and Sun?

We are big pimping at the Hostelling International Austin and we are just planning on using Car2Go to get around town but we were banking on a shuttle to get to the track....
Make a little cardboard sign and hitchhike out there, should be plenty of race fans heading out. Put ADV on your sign, good as gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
correct-a-mundo on the trackside camping.
Camp across the street, close enough... http://christaylorracing.com/cota-se.../cota-camping/

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=58
Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #79
motorhead748
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrcrussell View Post
Thank you for your interest in Circuit of The Americas. General Admission areas are grassy berms; there are no sections and no assigned seats. The numbers you see with these tickets are for our purposes to keep track of ticket sales. You do have access to all of the General Admission areas; and are allowed to bring in a folding tailgating chair. On-site parking is available for MotoGP for $60 for a vehicle or $30 for motorcycle only, for the 3-day event. You can purchase this online through Ticketmaster;

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/cot...ink/buy/browse
this may be a great race at a great venue but they sure arnt fan friendly. I think I will pass.
motorhead748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #80
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,111
Just looked at the MC parking on the Ticketmaster site.It shows 2 lots H&J ,they're side by side , yet the H lot costs $60 and the J lot costs $30.
To park a motorcycle ?
Does the $60 lot include a "Happy Ending?"
I've been to the Indy Moto GP every year , there they park you for free and give you a sidestand puck. And you park on the hallowed Indy Oval.
At Daytona bikes don't pay for parking. At the Kentucky Speedway bikes not only don't pay to park , you get to ride up and park right behind the grandstands.
I'm considering making a 1000 mile bike trip to Austin for the GP. It will be my first time in Austin, first time at COTA and the first time seeing a Moto GP somewhere other than Indy.
First impressions count. If I end up feeling nickled and dimed to death, I won't return.
If I have an overall posative experience , well , a thousand miles isn't that far , is it ?

P.S. fuck Ticketmaster.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #81
skeelo221
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post

P.S. fuck Ticketmaster.
Here, here!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #82
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Ticketmaster showed $30 for lot H, thats what I paid. Also I found a nice infield parking for Honda riders club, I'm not a member though. bete.
bete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #83
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,111
Prohibited Items

Circuit of The Americas™ prohibited items list

The following items will not be permitted inside the gates of Circuit of The Americas during major sports and entertainment events. In addition to items specifically listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Animals (exception for certified service animals)
  • Bags or parcels larger than 12X12X20 inches
  • Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
  • Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
  • Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
  • Food and Beverage (Note: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed)
  • Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
  • Glass or metal containers of any style
  • Illegal substances
  • Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
  • Large, golf-type umbrellas
  • Non-collapsible chairs
  • Tents or canopies
  • Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
  • Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
The following items will be permitted inside the circuit gates.
  • Blankets
  • Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
  • Baby strollers
  • Portable, collapsible chairs
  • Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital cameras or film cameras)
  • Binoculars
NOTE: All bags, purses, backpacks and persons are subject to screening by security personnel. Fans entering Circuit of The Americas should prepare accordingly.
Smoking will only be allowed in authorized areas. All security measures are subject to change without notice.
Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items to them when such items are left at the race entrances. Patrons are encouraged to leave all banned items at home or in their vehicles before entering the venue or boarding any of the complimentary shuttle buses transporting ticketholders to Circuit of The Americas. Individuals who deliberately attempt to bring banned items through security checkpoints are subject to removal from the facility.
The resale of Circuit of The Americas admission tickets is strictly prohibited on Circuit property, which includes the facility’s grounds and surrounding parking areas.
CircuitOfTheAmericas Home of the world championships

So , I wonder how they're going to get the crowds in and out if they are policeing heavily enough to give this list some teeth.
Are they going to stop each bike and rummage through the saddle bags ?Tear up your ticket and send you away if you try to smuggle in a sandwich, an apple ?
What will happen with the no video recording devices rule in a day where every digital camera and smart phone will make video recordings. Are they planning to rip Go-Pro cameras off riders helmets ?
These rules certainly hit me as Draconion. I doubt they'll be searches .
But they wrote and published the rules.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #84
skeelo221
Adventurer

Yes it's quite the list! I will have a 12 pack in my backpack so we'll see what happens...
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #85
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Sounds like you're gonna be down a 12 pack
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #86
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,983
I just purchased my tickets and noticed the parking price situation. I'll walk the extra 50ft and save myself $30. I need the exercise anyway . I'm going mostly because I am really excitedto see in person all 3 classes race. I usually do Laguna and have not experianced the two other lesser classes. I will be riding down from Colorado on Wednesday/Thursday. I have two large saddlebags, bet I could get a case in them easily, might as well take a few breaks in the parking lot to rehydrate. See you other inmates down there, I'll wear one of my ADV shrts for recognition. Bout a month to go!
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #87
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,414
Carry in inspection

The carry in inspection was pretty lame during the F1 race. We carried in food and beverage. I saw SEVERAL camer tripods and video cameras.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #88
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,767
At Laguna Seca we have carried in rolling coolers full of drinks, food and beer for years. It always strikes me as a cheap shot to extract more money from the fans when I see such restrictive policies as those listed above.

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #89
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
I couldn't find a schedule for fri,sat,sun. Is there one?
bete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #90
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I couldn't find a schedule for fri,sat,sun. Is there one?
Here you go.
This is from the MotoGP website so should be correct.

19 April 2013
Moto3 FP1

09:00 - 09:40

MotoGP FP1

09:55 - 10:40

Moto2 FP1

10:55 - 11:40

Moto3 FP2

13:10 - 13:50

MotoGP FP2

14:05 - 14:50

Moto2 FP2

15:05 - 15:50

20 April 2013
Moto3 FP3

09:00 - 09:40

MotoGP FP3

09:55 - 10:40

Moto2 FP3

10:55 - 11:40

Moto3 QP

12:35 - 13:15

MotoGP FP4

13:30 - 14:00

MotoGP Q1

14:10 - 14:25

MotoGP Q2

14:35 - 14:50

Moto2 QP

15:05 - 15:50

21 April 2013
Moto3 WUP

08:40 - 09:00

Moto2 WUP

09:10 - 09:30

MotoGP WUP

09:40 - 10:00

Moto3 RAC

11:00

Moto2 RAC

12:20

MotoGP RAC

14:00
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote