Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #271
theothersean
dirty boy

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton333 View Post
I'm very much a noob when it comes to posting on this site. While I've read it daily for many years I've hardly ever posted. That being said, this event has me curious enough to go outside my comfort zone! I live right across the border from Vermont in quebec and would like to attend. I ride a street bike (cbf1000) while my buddy has a vstrom. I guess I'm looking for a nutshell of what to expect when you know none of the people. We register, set up camp and start talking to people? I'm okay with that, just a little curious about what to expect. Thank you ahead of time for your responses!
yup , set up your camp site , you could wander into others camp sites introduce your self and start talking to them . The ADV group has the whole campground for the weekend , so everyone there will be from this site .
Or in the evening down by the big fire pit people gather to have a few beers and bench race, just belly up to a conversation .
Admittedly it is hard to feel part of a group at such and event if you don't know anyone yet , but you have to start somewhere to meet people .
04 prairie 700 (plow duty)
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #272
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,993
Quote:
I'm very much a noob when it comes to posting on this site. While I've read it daily for many years I've hardly ever posted. That being said, this event has me curious enough to go outside my comfort zone! I live right across the border from Vermont in quebec and would like to attend. I ride a street bike (cbf1000) while my buddy has a vstrom. I guess I'm looking for a nutshell of what to expect when you know none of the people. We register, set up camp and start talking to people? I'm okay with that, just a little curious about what to expect. Thank you ahead of time for your responses!
There is usually a small fire down by the lake and most everyone congregates there and plans their next day. Some go mild, some go wild and everything in between. Plenty of nice roads to ride in VT on a litre bike. Come on down! We'll hook you up if you are shy.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #273
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Last year's rally was my first and I had a great time. Set up camp, head down to the fire and meet people. I'll meet you there with a couple cold one's.

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #274
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
There is usually a small fire down by the lake and most everyone congregates there and plans their next day. Some go mild, some go wild and everything in between. Plenty of nice roads to ride in VT on a litre bike. Come on down! We'll hook you up if you are shy.
Small fire????

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #275
SixWatt
kicker of elves

Oddometer: 140
Wicked it's all in how you present yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothersean View Post
yup , set up your camp site , you could wander into others camp sites introduce your self and start talking to them .
This is especially good advice if you are in the habit of wandering around with a sixpack in your hand.
SixWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #276
Merlin III
Mean SOB

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
This will hopefully be my third CroMag. The first time I came in solo on a Friday, found a campsite, chugged a beer, and headed in the direction where I thought I heard a party going on. I found a group of about 40 people partying and joined in like I had known everyone there my whole life. Make it a point to ask the people you meet what ride they have planned and if you like it ask to join in. It all worked out great for me. Hope to see you there!
"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure about anything." Richard Feynman, CalTech Scientist, Challenger Disaster Committee member.
Merlin III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #277
payton333
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Wicked Rubber arm"

Well it didn't take much to convince me. All registered and paid. Any excuse to do a little camping, riding AND have a few beers. I'll see all of you there on the Friday and look forward to it very much. You know I must like to ride if I'm willing to attend an event organized by someone who states is location as Bruins Nation! Go Habs Go!
payton333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #278
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Eh

Is that an AHL team?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #279
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrout01 View Post
Last year's rally was my first and I had a great time. Set up camp, head down to the fire and meet some cold one's.
Me too! Maybe next year. Moonshine!

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #280
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Go Habs Go!
Oh, you and MZcountryboy will get along great. Go Kings GO!
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #281
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 570
how I got started with Cromag

Quote:
.... I guess I'm looking for a nutshell of what to expect when you know none of the people...
My first Cromag I didn't yet have a bike, 2010. Passed the MSF course just prior & packed the station wagon with riding gear. Sure 'nuf, after a nice night of partying I was walking around & up rides MsLiz, local & ride leader. Nice chat then 'bye, have a nice ride'. She comes back & "do you want to ride pillion?" Do I ever! Saw some great sights & swam in the Lake. This year will be my 4th & I usually bring a 5th
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #282
payton333
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromoth View Post
My first Cromag I didn't yet have a bike, 2010. Passed the MSF course just prior & packed the station wagon with riding gear. Sure 'nuf, after a nice night of partying I was walking around & up rides MsLiz, local & ride leader. Nice chat then 'bye, have a nice ride'. She comes back & "do you want to ride pillion?" Do I ever! Saw some great sights & swam in the Lake. This year will be my 4th & I usually bring a 5th
Should be fun. I'm use to touring alone and enjoy it. But there is sometime to be said about hanging out with like minded people and chatting it up! I ride Vermont quite a lot as the roads tend to be in a better condition than anything close to me in Quebec. So the combination of the people and the roads should make for a really good weekend. On top of it all its nice to have something to look forward to
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #283
payton333
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Oh, you and MZcountryboy will get along great. Go Kings GO!
Anytime I can talk hockey I'm happy. Part of the pleasure is trying to understand how some can actually attempt to claim any other team/organization can come close to the quality and the tradition of the Canadiens. Kind of like a scientist studying a lower life form I said I was coming, I didn't say I was coming quietly
Old 08-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #284
shrineclown OP
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Anytime I can talk hockey I'm happy. Part of the pleasure is trying to understand how some can actually attempt to claim any other team/organization can come close to the quality and the tradition of the Canadiens. Kind of like a scientist studying a lower life form I said I was coming, I didn't say I was coming quietly

LOL---you are living in the ancient past. What have they done lately?

It has been all down hill since Patrick Roy left.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #285
dhawley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
Small fire????

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
I would say they gave us wet wood on purpose last year to keep it to a 2 alarm fire.
dhawley is offline   Reply With Quote