User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
Bill Harris OP
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 8,172
Barnsley Motor Werks event...

... the "S.E. Regional Airhead Rally and Tech Weekend", hosted by David and Emy Woodburn in Ephesus GA, in mid-May:

Their Facebook notice:
Quote:
BARNSLEY MOTOR WERKS
OUR EVENTS
( Emy Magsama-sama)
May 14th, 15th, 16th & 17th, 2015

After much wasted effort we could not get our more concise notice into April's "Airmail". If Emy and I were that incompetent we would not have been able to stay in business.

Anyway, this event, despite the fore mentioned organization, has been heralded as the S.E. Regional Airhead Rally and Tech. Weekend. We have some undercover sleeping space and perhaps fourty-five decent spots to pitch a tent. We often get a lot of day visitors on Saturday. Our resources are finite, therefore we need folk who wish to attend to contact us and tell us what day they might arrive and leave us a contact number (Also, how many are you?) Please, if you can, give us a week or two's notice at least- its not just campsites, its facilities and catering we have to consider.

We re trying to organize some presentations. The shop can offer a demonstration of, for example, tuning your machine and we can field yours questions. You can when you register, request a certain subject to be taught and this shall be considered.

We shall try to have, at least, two benches for you to use, should you wish to tackle a project on your bike. Ring ahead and let us know. Some jobs are not within the scope of such an event. You need to bring your own fluids and your own basic tools. We carry a reasonable stock of spares but organize this in advance, please.

We are requesting competent who can help with technical supervision to please volunteer a little of their time over the course of the event. (Remember the help we've all received at some point).

Should you have something worthy of presentation or if you are able to contribute in some other field, please contact us. This is your event. Emy and I only host it. Whether or not it is a success largely depends on each individual. Every year we get one or two wankers. This after all our effort, has led us to discuss cancelling the event. If this is you, or is potentially you please, stay away. Otherwise everyone is very welcome.

Children are welcome if they are well behaved and under parental supervision. We wish more children would attend wives are also welcome. Why are there so few women and youngster at BMW events? Would the last man to die please turn out the lights!

As you are our guests we have never had a waver to sign. However, you come here knowing this is rural and the buildings and facilities are rural. You come on the understanding that you are responsible for your own safety.
By all means bring stuff to swap or sell. Do you have any special motorcycle films to show or perhaps a musical instrument to play...?

If I were worried about weather then I would have been smarts, enough not to ride a bike all these long years. The event is rain or shine but I pray, God in His mercy grants us a fine weekend.

Dave Shiel, who does such grand job with the music, says he shall make it here again. We have built him a better sound stage in the hope he shall be here.

The breakfast king, Jack Kipp, also expects to be doing his culinary wonders.
I hope all this dialogue doesn't dampen the welcome mat. We may get three people attend but we could get a big mob. Emy and I have discussed a cut-off point only because of our resources. That is why we ask you to R.S.V.P., so that you wont be camping on the street. There is a good restaurant a half mile away but we'd rather not have to send you there.
Oh! No, pets, please. In case that is not clear enough, no pets, please.
Because of our work load we ask folk not to turn up before Wednesday evening, at the earliest.

Barnsley Motor Werks is at 400 Alabama Road, Ephesus, Gergia 30170. Our phone 770 854 9136.

https://www.facebook.com/BarnsleyMot...26627010808563
--Bill

Bill Harris screwed with this post 04-26-2015 at 01:34 PM
Bill Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
Beater
The Bavarian Butcher

Oddometer: 3,522
I actually need to call David. He has a part I need.

That's weird, isn't it?

Old 04-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
I actually need to call David. He has a part I need.

That's weird, isn't it?

Last I checked, his brain was not for sale
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
Clay Spinner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
Beater
The Bavarian Butcher

Quote:
Heh. Have you been out there? His sidecar rig is amazing ...
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #6
Bill Harris OP
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Never have been-- I'm looking forward to it!

I've chatted over the phone, relaxitated at their booth at the Barber Vintage Swap Meet and have bought a couple of parts from him.

--Bill
Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #7
Beater
The Bavarian Butcher

I've bought shafts, frames, tanks, and bounced ideas off him for years. He's bought engine parts from me. He's an interesting guy. I sat and had tea with him an Emy years ago, and he told stories for hour. His farm is an extension of him. Every base is covered, everything is organized and scattered at the same time.

My kind of place!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,574
David is certainly a character as is Emy. Now their daughter....she tells stories from a 6 year old perspective. Imagine being raised in a sidecar that is traveling the world!! I have not been to one of his events yet. Just camped with them at BOXERWORKS rallies. Wonderful humans that lot!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
Mark Manley
On my way

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Imagine being raised in a sidecar that is traveling the world!!
That will be this sidecar, I met David, Emy and Mattea in Iran, Pakistan and India where this photo was taken, David saved my bacon with an M10 helicoil kit after a stud pulled from my crankcase.

"You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!"-Brian of Nazareth
Mark Manley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #10
Bill Harris OP
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oh lordy, I love that "precious cargo" in the sidecar.

And David is reputed to be a fairly decent Wrench, too.

--Bill
Old 04-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #11
Ultimate Lurker
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Barnsley MotorWerks latest sale!

I always wanted and early to mid 80's airhead. There was a BMW dealer in north Houston when I was in school at College Station. I just remember going in there and being jealous of every one buying those bikes.

Had a wreck on a Suzuki 750 thirty years ago....had no business being on the bike. Got the bug to go riding and decided I wanted an airhead. Found David and he had one for sale. I bought the fairing and some other parts, he painted the bike and tuned it up and I am very happy. David and Emy are good people.

I will try and be there Saturday morning. My wife has a Pet scan due to the ongoing cancer journey but I will move some things around. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Here is the bike! See you on the road!

Brian

[IMG][/IMG]
Ultimate Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #12
Bill Harris OP
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Nudge.

--b
Old 05-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #13
JZed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Event Epilouge

The ABC event at Ephesus Ga was a genuine pleasurable low hassle happening as usual. The crowd varied by the day, but usually 20 - 40 there for supper. A good mix of campers and local folks. Emy and Dave fed us well. They are good people. Weather was great, some rain late Saturday night, but other wise pleasant.

Good technical seminars by David, a good Cannonball report from Ed, and one Hopeless class IBR bike with new steering head bearings.

These little BMW gatherings are great fun. Thanks Again to Barnsley Motor Werks for another wonderful weekend.

JZed
SC
'86 R80 '92 R100GS '06 KLR650
JZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:13 AM   #14
Bill Harris OP
Confirmed Curmudgeon

I'm sorry I missed it. I was just finishing up maintenance on the BMW when I had a major drive belt failure on the van, which had to take precedence.

I've heard it was a great event and hope to make it next year!

I don't think this was an ABC event.

--Bill
Old 05-18-2015, 04:19 AM   #15
JZed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Barnsley Motor Werks Event

It was listed in the May Aimail as the SE Rendezvous & Tech Weekend and also the annual Barnsley Motor Werks Magsamasama event. There should be a some of pics posted on the Barnsley Motor Werks FaceBook page.

JZed
JZed is offline   Reply With Quote