User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
New for 2013 - Globescout World Class Panniers - Now Available in North America

Effective immediately, Motorcycle Insight will be importing the Globescout World Class panniers into North America. We believe these are the absolute best panniers made in the world today - bar none. Features include:
  • 1.5MM Thick Aluminum / Magnesium Alloy Construction
  • Natural & Anodized Black finishes
  • Double Gasket Lid System
  • Locking, Latching Compression Latch
  • Completely Detachable Mounting Bracket
  • 100% Bead-Blasted Metal Mounting Puck System (not plastic)
  • Removable, Replaceable Corners
  • High Quality, Low Cost Inner Bags
  • Inner Mesh Nets + Carry Handles Available
Kits for the BMW R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure (using OEM racks), F800GS, F700GS, G650GS Single, Yamaha Super Tenere, Triumph Tiger 800 and Explorer, most KTMs, Honda NC700X and more will be arriving in April 2013. Pricing will start at $799 for the R1200GS Adventure Kit using the OEM racks and $1049 - $1099 for bikes that need racks.

Be the first to get updates, and receive a coupon for $100 off of one of the initial sets by subscribing to the GlobeScout Pannier newsletter on ADVDepot.com.

F800GS install video coming shortly.

F800 Rob screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 12:04 PM Reason: Updated availability and pricing
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
This is excellent stuff, the build quality is amazing! I am still waiting for my bike to arrive, can't wait to install these!
Thanks Bill for the great service!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
madpuma13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Saving for later

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
madpuma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

A few rough photos from our video shoot. Yes, that is the big top box. Yes, a smaller one is available. :)

Also, if you have an R1200GS Adventure, we're looking for your help! Please PM me or give the shop a call - we're looking for a Beta Tester!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
A few rough photos from our video shoot. Yes, that is the big top box. Yes, a smaller one is available. :)
Nice! Did you get drilling instructions from Globescout or did you drill based on your measurements? When are you uploadng the video?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
Nice! Did you get drilling instructions from Globescout or did you drill based on your measurements? When are you uploadng the video?
Nothing from Globescout yet, but we documented drilling them - it's actually pretty easy. I expect to have the video edited and posted online later this week. (if you PM me, I'll give you the gist) We're finalizing our import plan now, and we're making every effort to offer these both drill to install and pre-drilled.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Quote:
Nothing from Globescout yet, but we documented drilling them - it's actually pretty easy. I expect to have the video edited and posted online later this week. (if you PM me, I'll give you the gist) We're finalizing our import plan now, and we're making every effort to offer these both drill to install and pre-drilled.
No hurry, I am waiting on BMW to ship me my bike from Germany, hopefully by the time it arrives you'll have official instructions and videos. My panniers are still stilling in the garage, can't wait to install them :(
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

We've found our R1200GS tester! We have one final opening for someone with a 2013 F800GS. Please PM me or call the shop for more details.

Rob
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Need a KLR 650 tester?
DirtReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,170
Nice looking bags. They look like a lot of thought was put into the design.

From the looks of them the assembly is done using rivets, and I assume some kind of sealing adhesive. This looks like a reasonably stong design, and nice accessories too.

Do the bags come with the mounting hardware (not the mounts)?

Also, I assume these were available overseas previously, how long have they been out, and any links to reviews and crash survivability?

Thanks,

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtReeper View Post
Need a KLR 650 tester?
No, sir. We will have a kit for them though. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Nice looking bags. They look like a lot of thought was put into the design.

From the looks of them the assembly is done using rivets, and I assume some kind of sealing adhesive. This looks like a reasonably stong design, and nice accessories too.

Do the bags come with the mounting hardware (not the mounts)?

Also, I assume these were available overseas previously, how long have they been out, and any links to reviews and crash survivability?

Thanks,

Jim
You're right, Jim. They are riveted together and sealed in the process.

They come with mounting hardware (pictures below) and we can get alternate hardware to allow installation onto Hepco and Becker, Touratech, Holan, or any other 16mm or 18mm tube setup.

This is an updated, second generation design for 2013. The first generation were largely the same, but had different latching and sealing components. The surround under the pannier lid was plastic - that is now aluminum.

The latch in the prior generation was something that was pretty much off the shelf. It's now something that has a considerable amount of thought behind it - and is different than anything else on the market. When it closes, it 'latches' securely in the closed position and compresses the seals together to keep water and dust out. The hook from the lid also keeps the lid attached to box itself when it's open on the other side. The best two latching systems on the market were on the Zega Pro and the R1200GS OEM panniers. This is different, and better than both, IMHO.

The market for these bags prior was primarily in the Middle East, Brazil, and South Africa. Feedback that I've seen was very encouraging, with the primary issues revolving around the seal and latches, both which were addressed. We're also quite impressed with the manufacturer so far. Zero language barrier, accurate estimates on ship and in-transit times, packaging that is Apple level quality, and just overall super friendly. Having worked with a few not-so-good organizations in the past, they're really a breath of fresh air.

Does this help?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
madpuma13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
We've found our R1200GS tester! We have one final opening for someone with a 2013 F800GS. Please PM me or call the shop for more details.

Rob
Crap you were looking for a gs tester?! I opened this up and loved the look of these would have been awesome to help bring these to market by testing em out for the masses

Maybe next time. Looking forward to getting a set of these

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
madpuma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,170
Quote:
No, sir. We will have a kit for them though. :)

You're right, Jim. They are riveted together and sealed in the process.

They come with mounting hardware (pictures below) and we can get alternate hardware to allow installation onto Hepco and Becker, Touratech, Holan, or any other 16mm or 18mm tube setup.

This is an updated, second generation design for 2013. The first generation were largely the same, but had different latching and sealing components. The surround under the pannier lid was plastic - that is now aluminum.

The latch in the prior generation was something that was pretty much off the shelf. It's now something that has a considerable amount of thought behind it - and is different than anything else on the market. When it closes, it 'latches' securely in the closed position and compresses the seals together to keep water and dust out. The hook from the lid also keeps the lid attached to box itself when it's open on the other side. The best two latching systems on the market were on the Zega Pro and the R1200GS OEM panniers. This is different, and better than both, IMHO.

The market for these bags prior was primarily in the Middle East, Brazil, and South Africa. Feedback that I've seen was very encouraging, with the primary issues revolving around the seal and latches, both which were addressed. We're also quite impressed with the manufacturer so far. Zero language barrier, accurate estimates on ship and in-transit times, packaging that is Apple level quality, and just overall super friendly. Having worked with a few not-so-good organizations in the past, they're really a breath of fresh air.

Does this help?
It does! Very thorough explanation of the old issues and new components. I really like the look, and I definitely like the latches and how they are "captired" so they can't be easily pried loose.

I'm pretty impressed. Looks like they will work easily with any tube type flat rack system.

Thanks for the info!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Totally agree with what Rob has said, the build quality, latching mechanism is top notch! The packaging of every item was meticulously done. Can't wait to install these!

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics in incandescent lighting:

Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,847
nice panniers. you obviously used BMW, Trax & Touratech design cues, but it looks very well executed.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote