Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #136
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
Ok, I get it now. The manly thing to do is to give the asshole some of his own back. And to do it right a manly man would not throw rocks at the jeeper and run away, he would signal the jeeper as he passed him to pull over and then when said jeeper steps out of his jeep the manly man would have a fist fight with the asshole and teach that asshole a well deserved lesson. Thinking about it now, that is exactly what i would have done, being a manly man and all.
A "drive by" is a manly response to "disrespect"..............

Just ask any gang banger, "gotta teach them respect"...................
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #137
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,689
nice skins
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #138
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
After careful consideration:

You are an asshole for roosting the guy...

He is an asshole for not taking the 10 seconds it would have required to let you pass...

+me
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #139
trailNtent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Should have followed him for fourteen miles back to AutoZone. Then shot him. That's how you deal with an asshole.

:what:
trailNtent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #140
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you so wimp wristed that you just allow people to be assholes to you and do nothing about it? Assholes get treated like assholes... Or they should. Pacifist like you are why there are so many assholes like the Jeep driver thinking it is OK to inconvenience others for NO reason what-so-ever other than they feel like it.

Was the roost a dick move? Absofuckinglutely it was! That is what happens to assholes when someone stands up to their asshattery.

It was the Jeep guys fault for thinking he could be a dick and get away with it.
A Pacifist? I would be willing to bet that I've been locked up more times, and longer than you, for doing things that were pretty much the opposite of Pacifist.

Wimp wristed? You seem to think that the original poster was entitled to be on that road, in front of that Jeep. The Jeep did nothing, other than hold him up. Yet the rider, seemed to feel it is OK to go by, and basically, assault the guy in the Jeep (flinging rocks into his vehicle can be described assault, especially intentionally).

But, what the fuck. Do what you want. I'm going to assume you're way tougher behind the keyboard, than in real life on your bike anyway.

Have a good day. Maybe you can roost someone with your bike.

Another major dick move, is roosting some guy, then running off and leaving your buddy to deal with a pissed of driver.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #141
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I find it interesting that when a rider intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight there are those say "he got what he deserved" and approve of the action.

Yet on the other hand if a driver intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight everybody grabs their pitchforks and torches.

It's sad that there are people who assuage their unfulfilled desires with revenge.
Makes me think, as most riders are just weekend warriors, perhaps many of those "assholes in cages" and "assholes on bikes" are one and the same, after all its the person, not the vehicle that is the problem.

I wounder how many bikes the jeep driver has.
I disagree with your post, but I do want to congratulate you on correctly writing the phrase "one and the same". Most people seem to get that wrong. (Along with "would have ..." being usually written now as "would of ...".)

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #142
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Lots of chest thumping going on.

The problem with "street justice" is it only takes one person to not like what you are doing, and its your turn.

"Hey Martha, look at this asshole on a motorcycle"..............................

Filtering
Making noise
Splitting
Speeding
With high beams on
Standing
Taking a parking spot
Wheeling
Tailgating
Not letting us by

"He needs to be taught a lesson"......................................
Wake up and pull your head out of the sand. Depending on where you are, it happens all the time, even if you're not doing any of those things...because too many motorcyclists (and others) don't stand up for themselves. They're doormats.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #143
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
OP, I do agree with those who have said that it was an asshole move to roost the Jeep and leave your buddy still behind him. That was being a jerk to your buddy. As for the Jeep, in that situation, I think any intentional additional roosting would qualify as being a jerk, but I wouldn't have felt guilty at about whatever got thrown back as a natural result of having to make a hard pass due to his actions.

In that same situation, I would have made the pass as cleanly as I could, then slowed and blocked the Jeep long enough for my buddy to pass also, and THEN skedaddled, perhaps with a one-finger salute. Had I been in that situation without a riding buddy behind me, I'd have passed as aggressively as needed as soon as it was possible and been OK with whatever roost happened, but not roosted more than necessary. Horn and finger optional.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #144
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Another major dick move, is roosting some guy, then running off and leaving your buddy to deal with a pissed of driver.
Was his buddy too much of a candy-ass to tell the Jeeper he was being a dick?
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #145
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Darn right. Modern society is brimming with candy-asses because people who don't go around being dicks are too wimpy to stand up to dicks, which makes the dicks continue with their dickish behavior, often escalating it to the next level when they get bored with their current level of dickishness. Nip it in the bud, or get bullied by dicks for eternity.

Don't go around purposely starting crap, by all means...but be ready, willing, and able to finish crap...instead of being a candy-ass doormat.

Jeeper dude wasn't paying attention? 'Sorry excuse. Maybe he will the next time he's driving. 'Tried to edge out somebody who was passing, or just wasn't paying attention as somebody was passing? Screw 'em. How else is he supposed to learn? He obviously wasn't taking any responsibility for his part in the situation.
So your approach is to teach people not to be dicks by being an even bigger dick.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #146
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Was his buddy too much of a candy-ass to tell the Jeeper he was being a dick?

I didn't say that, can you say reading comprehension? I said, in addition to doing stupid shit by roosting some guy that didn't get out of your way as fast as you wanted him to, it was a pussy move to do some stupid shit to someone else, and leave your buddy to deal with whatever. This time, is was basically nothing. What if Jeep dude got real pissed off at getting roosted, and knocked your buddy down? Or took a pot shot at him, or any number of things. I ride with quite a few people, and I'm pretty sure that none of them would start some shit with someone, and run off and leave another guy to possibly take heat for it.

Never mind. You tough guys just keep it up.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #147
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailNtent View Post
Should have followed him for fourteen miles back to AutoZone. Then shot him. That's how you deal with an asshole.

:what:
^^
This

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #148
bighairless
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Reading this thread, I'm sure of one thing...

We will be the shortest lived species to ever live on this planet.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #149
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
You seem to think that the original poster was entitled to be on that road, in front of that Jeep. The Jeep did nothing, other than hold him up. Yet the rider, seemed to feel it is OK to go by, and basically, assault the guy in the Jeep (flinging rocks into his vehicle can be described assault, especially intentionally).

Well... YA! (that means "yes" in pacifist speak... Didn't want you to get any more confused than you already are)

Quote:
Yet the rider, seemed to feel it is OK to go by, and basically, assault the guy in the Jeep (flinging rocks into his vehicle can be described assault, especially intentionally).
Again: Asshattery deserves (begs for) an asshattery responce. Not to respond in kind would be uncivilized.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 01:06 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #150
HH
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,454
I'm gonn hafta check the 'roost' box on this poll.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote