Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #151
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
I didn't say that, can you say reading comprehension?

That was a question...Hence the...uh...question mark thingy at the end of all those words.

Quote:
I said, in addition to doing stupid shit by roosting some guy that didn't get out of your way as fast as you wanted him to,
and came over as he was being passed.

Quote:
it was a pussy move to do some stupid shit to someone else, and leave your buddy to deal with whatever.
His buddy can't fend for himself and see what's going down, so OP should be a doormat? If I was his friend following, I'd have likely told the dick off the second he opened his mouth to me to bitch.

Quote:
This time, it was basically nothing. What if Jeep dude got real pissed off at getting roosted, and knocked your buddy down? Or took a pot shot at him, or any number of things.
What if what if what if....Are you gonna stop riding because some road-ragin' cager MIGHT blast you off the road? Are you gonna live your life curled up on the couch in a fetal position because of what other people MIGHT do if you stood up for yourself in the big mean world out there?

Cross those bridges IF you come to them, but prepare for war, while you pray for peace. If you don't want to get your ass kicked, be/become prepared to kick some ass, instead of setting yourself up to be a perpetual victim.

Quote:
I ride with quite a few people, and I'm pretty sure that none of them would start some shit with someone, and run off and leave another guy to possibly take heat for it.
Who said that the OP was the one that STARTED shit? It looked to me like he just bounced it back.

My friends have run off and left me when confronted with superior numbers. I don't cry and whine about it and hold it against them. They were scared. It's human. I'm bold enough to be a big boy and still plant my foot in someone's ass when they think they have the advantage and try to bully me with superior numbers or "firepower". Is it the right answer for every confrontation? No. Of course not. Point? I don't go around bullying people, but I refuse to live my life like a doormat, and my feeling is that more people should be the same way.

Quote:
Never mind. You tough guys just keep it up.
Quote:
Thanks, we will, and if I see somebody wrongfully kicking sand in your face at the beach, I'll even be willing to plant a foot in their ass for you. It's what I do.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #152
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2 View Post
So your approach is to teach people not to be dicks by being an even bigger dick.
That doesn't even begin to cover what I do to would-be bullies.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #153
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
[/B][/I][/U]

That was a question...Hence the...uh...question mark thingy at the end of all those words.

and came over as he was being passed.

His buddy can't fend for himself and see what's going down, so OP should be a doormat? If I was his friend following, I'd have likely told the dick off the second he opened his mouth to me to bitch.

What if what if what if....Are you gonna stop riding because some road-ragin' cager MIGHT blast you off the road? Are you gonna live your life curled up on the couch in a fetal position because of what other people MIGHT do if you stood up for yourself in the big mean world out there?

Cross those bridges IF you come to them, but prepare for war, while you pray for peace. If you don't want to get your ass kicked, be/become prepared to kick some ass, instead of setting yourself up to be a perpetual victim.

Who said that the OP was the one that STARTED shit? It looked to me like he just bounced it back.

My friends have run off and left me when confronted with superior numbers. I don't cry and whine about it and hold it against them. They were scared. It's human. I'm bold enough to be a big boy and still plant my foot in someone's ass when they think they have the advantage and try to bully me with superior numbers or "firepower". Is it the right answer for every confrontation? No. Of course not. Point? I don't go around bullying people, but I refuse to live my life like a doormat, and my feeling is that more people should be the same way.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]

Thanks, we will, and if I see somebody wrongfully kicking sand in your face at the beach, I'll even be willing to plant a foot in their ass for you. It's what I do.
Quote:
deserves a quote, many possible new sig lines.

"Have you any idea who I think I am??"

ayup.

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #154
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
So you defended every line. Nice.

Still wrong though. Can't change that with hyperbole.

Internet tough guys crack me up. "Leave it to me, I'll take care of it". Are you as macho in real life as you are behind a keyboard? How's that working out for you?

I know some real tough guys. They don't go posting on the internet about how they would do this, and they would do that, they just do it. And do you know what? Most are in prison right now. Some will never get to go home, all because of some perceived "disrespect", a reaction without thinking about the consequences, and now they are paying for it. Maybe you are young enough, or naive enough, to not realize how fast shit can escalate, if you do something to the wrong person. Go right ahead with your tough guy approach to things. Myself, I'm done going to jail. I fly below the radar now. If that is considered "pacifist", fine. I've been there. I'm willing to bet that most of you here haven't.

Have fun now. Don't let those Jeeps get away with riding on the same road as you.

corndog67 screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 02:02 PM
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #155
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Whats with all the anger?

Is this a constant problem for you? A one time event you haven't gotten over?

Are you a one man cluster-fuck whos always in the wrong place at the wrong time? Just over sensitive about your personal space?

Is this about riding? Life in general?

Stupid is easy to find, and impossible to fix.

Don't worry, be happy.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #156
rgoers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
The guy is a dick, common courtesy on most gravel roads down here in Montana would be to pull over, the faster car, truck, bike passes and takes it easy for a bit to not raise to much dust, then go as fast as you like. If you grew up around gravel roads, you got held up by stock trailers and grain trucks, and they always pulled over. The drivers knew the next day it might be them. But the world is changing, to many inconsiderate assholes out there. Forty years ago they might have got the crap kicked out of them at the next watering hole, today there just to many of them to bother.
Same in Utah. Never had a problem with drivers on the BLM or FS roads. Might ride a ways before they notice you... but once they do, they are always polite and pull off to let you pass.

To the OP - I hope you at least left a nice-size stone chip in his windshield.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #157
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
A Pacifist? I would be willing to bet that I've been locked up more times, and longer than you, ...

You sound mighty proud of that. 'Must suck to be dumb enough to get caught before you catch a clue. I'm glad to hear you avoid the folly these days.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #158
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Whats with all the anger?

Is this a constant problem for you? A one time event you haven't gotten over?

Are you a one man cluster-fuck whos always in the wrong place at the wrong time? Just over sensitive about your personal space?

Is this about riding? Life in general?

Stupid is easy to find, and impossible to fix.

Don't worry, be happy.
I'm a former jarhead from Chicago. What's it to you?

My long-time friends would probably tell you that I'm a pinhead magnet. They find me in a crowd. I don't have to go looking...at all.

Try being a 5'8" pacifist as an NCO in a grunt battalion, or the manager of a restaurant/bar in downtown Chicago. That peace, love, and kumbaya approach doesn't work too good with ruffians and indignant yuppies that think the rules don't apply to them...in my experience. Maybe things are different where you're from. Me? I got suspended in highschool because some ghetto goon mistook my head for a softball and then still didn't stop, even after the bat was taken away from him. He continued to swing at me, while I continued to dodge, block, and try to talk him down...the pacifist approach. Several other people grabbing onto him didn't stop him even. The only thing that stopped him was when I started choking him unconcious after he backed me up against a door, still swinging, and I had no place else to go. Sitting at home, suspended and healing some busted blood-vessels in my left eye, I thought,"If I'm going to get punished anyway, merely for being a victim, why not just kick the bully's ass from the get-go instead? Fuck consequences. You can get your ass kicked and then get punished for just being "involved". When a victim gets punished, you KNOW the system doesn't work. So why trust the system? Why take any crap from cretins?".

Maybe it was even more formative when some drunk would-be bully attacked me one New Year's Eve on the El platform, when I was just trying to get downtown after work to meet my GF at a party. I'd been working in a bar until 2AM...no problems the whole night. Doofus decides he doesn't like the way I glanced at him as he's stumbling around, so he comes over and starts swinging at me. I blocked and pushed him away from me, repeatedly, trying to talk him down peacefully. As a train came blowing through the station, I turned my head to glance and see if it was going to stop...and he jacked me right in the face. I went reeling back, dizzy, and now a bit scared. I was just an 18yr old kid, smaller than this guy by a good margin, by myself, and if I got another shot like that, I was probably going down. As he stepped in for another shot, I fired a palm-strike up into his jaw, wrapped his larynx/carotid area, and stepped off to the side to drive a kick down through his knee. He buckled. I then calf-to-calf swept him as hard as I could, and he flew back on his head...down onto the concrete. The whole train of NYE party-goers and RTA staff was now watching. Hello, paperwork at the police station.

If I had stood up for myself from the get-go, assertively, neither of these situations would likely have had to go so far. In the years since, I've dealt with much rougher people even, but nipping that bullying-attitude BS in the bud means I usually didn't have to go as far unless they were "chemically enhanced".

Would you rather that nobody does anything until somebody HAS to get seriously jacked up?

Kommando screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 07:05 PM
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #159
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Sounds like you were riding for fun, enjoying the scenery, what was your hurry? Why not back off a half mile, ride slow for a while and look around? As Dakez says: "If you're getting angry, you're doing something wrong"...or words to that effect. I don't agree with him all the time, actually, a lot, but he does cut to the chase!
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #160
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:

Easy there Sgt. Striker,
I was just busting your chops, wasn't looking for a biography.
I made more than the normal ill advised decisions in my extended youth.......Never been locked up though.....and I'm a multi service Vet. I guess I was a slow learner too, but I finally figured it out, banging your head against a wall only guarantees a headache.

Quote:
Would you rather that nobody does anything until somebody HAS to get seriously jacked up?
Hard to say,
Am I a pacifist? No, I have my standards, but I rather not sweat the small stuff, and prefer to just let it slide. Unless it's worth playing for keeps, why bother? I have better things to do than try to play super hero.

I learned it's more productive to laugh at myself, then take myself too seriously
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #161
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:

My long-time friends would probably tell you that I'm a pinhead magnet. They find me in a crowd. I don't have to go looking...at all.
Idown...the pacifist approach. Several other people grabbing onto him didn't stop him even. The only thing that stopped him was when I started choking him unconcious after he backed me up against a door, still swinging, and I had no place else to go. Sitting at home, suspended and healing some busted blood-vessels in my left eye, I thought,"If I'm going to get punished anyway, merely for being a victim, why not just kick the bully's ass from the get-go instead? Fuck consequences. You can get your ass kicked and then get punished for just being "involved". When a victim gets punished, you KNOW the system doesn't work. So why trust the system? Why take any crap from cretins?".

Maybe it was even more formative when some drunk would-be bully attacked me one New Year's Eve on the El platform, when I was just trying to get downtown after work to meet my GF at a party. I'd been working in a bar until 2AM...no problems the whole night. Doofus decides he doesn't like the way I glanced at him as he's stumbling around, so he comes over and starts swinging at me. I blocked and pushed him away from me, repeatedly, trying to talk him down peacefully. As a train came blowing through the station, I turned my head to glance and see if it was going to stop...and he jacked me right in the face. I went reeling back, dizzy, and now a bit scared. I was just an 18yr old kid, smaller than this guy by a good margin, by myself, and if I got another shot like that, I was probably going down. As he stepped in for another shot, I fired a palm-strike up into his jaw, wrapped his larynx/carotid area, and stepped off to the side to drive a kick down through his knee. He buckled. I then calf-to-calf swept him as hard as I could, and he flew back on his head...down onto the concrete. The whole train of NYE party-goers and RTA staff was now watching. Hello, paperwork at the police station.

If I had stood up for myself from the get-go, assertively, neither of these situations would likely have had to go so far. In the years since, I've dealt with much rougher people even, but nipping that bullying-attitude BS in the bud means I usually didn't have to go as far unless they were "chemically enhanced".

This has nothing to do with a Jeep on a dirt raod. I get it you're a human killing machine, and you defended yourself from an assailant on a platform. Ok. Jeep. Dirt road.

Never mind. It doesn't matter.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #162
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
As Dakez says: "If you're getting angry, you're doing something wrong"...or words to that effect. I don't agree with him all the time, actually, a lot, but he does cut to the chase!

A direct quote would be "If you get pissed off when you ride you're doing it wrong"

In this instance I would not have hung back at all. I would have passed and put the Jeep behind me at the earliest possible convenience. No angst, No anger, = No roost.

That said, I completely understand why people get angry at blockers and anyone that goes out of their way to be inconsiderate. I personally have learned not to cater to inconsiderate people...for instance: If I come up on a lane blocker on the Interstate I split lanes and put them behind me. (I care not if it is legal or not) / If I come upon a self appointed Policing fool on a two lane, I pass (where safe) double yellow or no and put them behind me.

I do not allow others to dictate my day or my ride. I choose to laugh at their folly of thinking they even have a remote chance of doing so. I am straddling a vehicle with a vastly superior horsepower to weight ratio and they do not stand a chance of harshing my mellow.

In summary: I believe the Jeep deserved a roost but it could have been avoided by just leaving the asshat in the dust right from the start.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 11:20 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #163
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Quote:
it was a pussy move to do some stupid shit to someone else, and leave your buddy to deal with whatever.

hehe...yeah... he can take care of himself
He wasn't abandoned, didn't have a chance to pass as Jeepers stoped & blocked prety quick..

"Riding Buddy" said he wished he was a little quicker thinking and would have told him "I guess that's what happens when you purposely BLOCK "

PICS CUZ THREADS ARE USELESS WITHOUT 'EM

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/

JOKER650 screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 09:11 PM
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #164
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

A direct quote would be "If you get pissed off when you ride you're doing it wrong"

In this instance I would not have hung back at all. I would have passed and put the Jeep behind me at the earliest possible convenience. No angst, No anger, = No roost.

That said, I completely understand why people get angry at blockers and anyone that goes out of their way to be inconsiderate. I personally have learned not to cater to inconsiderate people...for instance: If I come up on a lane blocker on the Interstate I split lanes and put them behind me./ If I come upon a self appointed Policing fool on a two lane I pass (where safe) double yellow or no and put them behind me.

I do not allow others to dictate my day. I choose to laugh at their folly of thinking they even have a remote chance of doing so. I am straddling a vehicle with a vastly superior horsepower to weight ratio and you do not stand a chance of harshing my mellow.

In summary: I believe the Jeep deserved a roost but it could have been avoided by just leaving the asshat in the dust right from the start.

Was trying to avoid the draaaamaaa with the toot-toot....haha, didn't work out that way I guess...for him.

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #165
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
This has nothing to do with a Jeep on a dirt raod. I get it you're a human killing machine,
FINALLY! SOMEbody gets it, and I didn't even have to snap anybody's C-spine where it joins the base of their skull to make this point!