Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #106
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 19,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I find it interesting that when a rider intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight there are those say "he got what he deserved" and approve of the action.

Yet on the other hand if a driver intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight everybody grabs their pitchforks and torches.

It's sad that there are people who assuage their unfulfilled desires with revenge.
Makes me think, as most riders are just weekend warriors, perhaps many of those "assholes in cages" and "assholes on bikes" are one and the same, after all its the person, not the vehicle that is the problem.

I wounder how many bikes the jeep driver has.
I tend to think that those who come of motorcycle forums bemoaning the practice of filtering/sharing, aren't riders at all.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #107
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
I tend to think that those who come of motorcycle forums bemoaning the practice of filtering/sharing, aren't riders at all.
Their arguments do make it seem that way, where its legal, nobody is forcing riders to do it.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #108
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Well, I'd say in the eyes of the law, if you roosted him with rocks, you are at fault. Although I ride a bike, if that was me in the truck in front of you, I'd have chased you down, and you or your insurance would have paid for any damage or rock chips.

That was a dick move on your part. So he was holding you up, that is no reason to roost his vehicle on purpose, like you were trying to teach him a lesson or something.

Yes, that move made you an asshole.

I just read some of your replies. What makes you feel justified in damaging his shit because he held you up for a minute? Change it a bit. What if he decided to just wind it up and roost your ass with his Jeep? Because he felt you were too close? You keep defending that what you did was the right thing to do, and would do it again. Apparently, some tough guy thing going on, but you roosted him and ran off and left your buddy there.

You were in no way justified in doing that. All you did was chip some guys shit up, and probably fucked up his attitude towards motorcycles now. So he held you up, big fucking deal. You could have just passed him, but no, you had to, basically, assault him and his vehicle. You're an idiot. I wasn't going to say that until I read all your replies and your weak defenses of why you did it.

corndog67 screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 10:18 AM
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #109
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Although I ride a bike, if that was me in the truck in front of you, I'd have chased you down, and you or your insurance would have paid for any damage or rock chips.
I'd pay to watch you chase down a 950SE with a jeep offroad. Was that you in the trophy truck leading the Baja 1000?

Seems to me if the Jeep driver would have been like 99% of the other drivers/riders off road this thread would not have even started.

I've been faced with very similar circumstances while driving my offroad bike, street bike, mountain bike, road bicycle, climbing in the mountains, driving my truck offroad, drving my auto down the interstate and walking through the grocery store. It doesn't matter where you are, some people are just A-holes and attempt these idiotic abnormal behaviors.

What do you think the guy in the jeep would have done if he came up behind the 950SE that was pulling his buddy down the road due to a mechanical and then he moved over to the center of the road so he couldn't pass while restraining the jeep at 20 mph? Think the guy in the jeep would have grown an attitude? Just give it a try next time you are out riding and see how it goes.. If you want a confrontation.. you certainly can get one doing this.
10 Yamaha FJR 1300
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #110
corndog67
Banned

You know what Fast1 one? It was a dickhead move, plain and simple. And he left his buddy behind to deal with it. From what I've seen, most of the guys out there with these big street bikes in the dirt, can't ride them for shit. You seem to be defending his actions. It was bullshit. What, is he some sort of law enforcer? How about if the Jeep decided to knock his buddy off (that he left behind to deal with his dick move), or since the guy talked to the Jeep guy for a second, what if Jeep guy made him pull over and held him there until his buddy came back?

But whatever, you guys just go on and be shitheads, and guys will take potshots at you out in the boonies, people will block you, knock you off, or whatever. A lot of times people bring shit on themselves.

Do you think damaging his vehicle was the right thing to do, for some perceived slight? Holding him up for a minute? What the fuck was that, it was nothing. Did he try to knock you off? Did he swerve into him? Was he roosting in his Jeep? No, he was, apparently, lawfully, minding his own business and out boonie cruising along, maybe he saw you, I assume he did, maybe he was blocking, maybe that is just how he drives.

But I wouldn't ride with someone that does shit to bring more shit down on you, then boogies off to let your buddy take the heat.

And the scenario of towing somebody and holding up the Jeep, is just making shit up to support the decision the roost someone's vehicle.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #111
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
But I wouldn't ride with someone that does shit to bring more shit down on you, then boogies off to let your buddy take the heat.

and maybe his budy pulled him over and asked him why he (jeep driver) was such an A-hole.. and maybe he tried to run his buddy off the road before doing this and has anyone proved that there was actually any damage to the jeep from passing? NO

If the jeep had damage, the driver could have just reported it with the license plate number off the motorcyclist that stopped and gave him a piece of his mind for being such an A-hole.

Next time wear a go-pro out riding and the truth will be told!
10 Yamaha FJR 1300

Fast1 screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 11:04 AM
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #112
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Quote:
You know what Fast1 one? It was a dickhead move, plain and simple. And he left his buddy behind to deal with it. From what I've seen, most of the guys out there with these big street bikes in the dirt, can't ride them for shit. You seem to be defending his actions. It was bullshit. What, is he some sort of law enforcer? How about if the Jeep decided to knock his buddy off (that he left behind to deal with his dick move), or since the guy talked to the Jeep guy for a second, what if Jeep guy made him pull over and held him there until his buddy came back?

But whatever, you guys just go on and be shitheads, and guys will take potshots at you out in the boonies, people will block you, knock you off, or whatever. A lot of times people bring shit on themselves.

Do you think damaging his vehicle was the right thing to do, for some perceived slight? Holding him up for a minute? What the fuck was that, it was nothing. Did he try to knock you off? Did he swerve into him? Was he roosting in his Jeep? No, he was, apparently, lawfully, minding his own business and out boonie cruising along, maybe he saw you, I assume he did, maybe he was blocking, maybe that is just how he drives.

And the scenario of towing somebody and holding up the Jeep, is just making shit up to support the decision the roost someone's vehicle.
So now you're willing to justify 'knocking his buddy off', instead of placing the blame in THAT hypothetical where it would belong?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #113
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER650 View Post

My question is: Do you ever actually ride that thing. Or just spend all your time cleaning and polishing

Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #114
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
So now you're willing to justify 'knocking his buddy off', instead of placing the blame in THAT hypothetical where it would belong?

I didn't justify anything. My point was, that you don't damage (or most reasonable people wouldn't) someone's vehicle because of some perceived slight. Did he roost you with the Jeep? Did he try to knock you off? No. But for some reason, a few people on here seem to think it's justified to try or to actually damage the guys vehicle, why (?), because he slowed you down. Because he didn't immediately get out of your way?

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? No wonder so many people hate motorcycles. And you didn't help shit one bit. But you keep trying to make people believe it was the Jeep guys fault. For not getting out of your way. I've got news for you. Get over it. Or fuck, I don't care, keep doing it, and one day, someone, will probably do something back to you in a way you really don't like.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #115
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,285
Quote:
I didn't justify anything. My point was, that you don't damage (or most reasonable people wouldn't) someone's vehicle because of some perceived slight. Did he roost you with the Jeep? Did he try to knock you off? No. But for some reason, a few people on here seem to think it's justified to try or to actually damage the guys vehicle, why (?), because he slowed you down. Because he didn't immediately get out of your way?

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? No wonder so many people hate motorcycles. And you didn't help shit one bit. But you keep trying to make people believe it was the Jeep guys fault. For not getting out of your way. I've got news for you. Get over it. Or fuck, I don't care, keep doing it, and one day, someone, will probably do something back to you in a way you really don't like.
It's hopeless, some people will never get it. I am thinking that the increase in dual sport bikes and casual jeepers means that we are going to see a lot more idiots out there fucking things up for all of us.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #116
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Quote:

Can't 'do something back' to someone who rides/drives considerately.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #117
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!

Oddometer: 1,566
Question

I'd be curious to know what the perception was from the Jeep.

Maybe he did see you and thought "Those guys are on KTMs and caught up to me fast so they should have no problem passing if they want"

What is the speed limit on such a road? Why should someone else slow down and move out of the way because YOU are in a hurry? Its one thing to pull out of the way on a single lane road when you are being slow and not doing the legal speeds. But if the guy is doing at or above the speed limit then it should be up to you to pass him.

I'm alway grateful when some stranger takes time out of their day to let me past. If they are doing the legal speeds I take it upon myself to move past with as little issue as need be. I personally would have probably passed him, but not with all the drama.

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 F650GS DAKAR
2 KLR650s Travel bikes http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #118
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
My question is: Do you ever actually ride that thing. Or just spend all your time cleaning and polishing

Yeah it gets dirty also.
That was just after "the" bath.

Awsome discussion.
Great to hear both sides of the fence

Ok....just 1 more......

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/

JOKER650 screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 09:49 PM
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #119
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,441
Quote:
Totally agree. It's fine to pass the guy, but do so without damaging his vehicle or acting like a jerk.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #120
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I find it interesting that when a rider intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight there are those say "he got what he deserved" and approve of the action.

Yet on the other hand if a driver intentionally does something that could cause damage or injury in retribution for a perceived slight everybody grabs their pitchforks and torches.

It's sad that there are people who assuage their unfulfilled desires with revenge.
Makes me think, as most riders are just weekend warriors, perhaps many of those "assholes in cages" and "assholes on bikes" are one and the same, after all its the person, not the vehicle that is the problem.

I wounder how many bikes the jeep driver has.

All of the times I've been cut of, run out of my lane, bounced across a curb at 50mph etc. You are god damned right its "asshole on bike now".
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote