Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #106
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
my WR250z 2 stroke dual sport

That's looking good. I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Are you all recouperated now?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #107
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
That's looking good. I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Are you all recouperated now?
I think im as good as its going to get. never gonna be 100%. cars can do alot to ya. least i can still ride.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #108
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
I think im as good as its going to get. never gonna be 100%. cars can do alot to ya. least i can still ride.
Good to hear you made out OK. You should let the XRL guys know.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #109
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Someone should market an additive to get the castor oil smell
They do. Maxima Castor 927.

As I was loading up my bike today after a ride a guy walked over to ask what kind of oil I used. It's the second time that's happened.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #110
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,257

^^ awesome !! 'gonna get me some.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #111
XArmy
uhhhhh......

Oddometer: 33
Here is my 2 smoker DS

XArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #112
Wyvern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
just to put in my 2 cents .
The is a difference between:a dirtbike with a plate and something that "could " pass as a DS (maybe a light or tail light )then there is a true DS.

I have a ATK (4 stroke 605 DS...)
But also a IT 495 . cal plated .(no equipment)
& a DT 400 100% bone stock
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #113
XArmy
uhhhhh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
just to put in my 2 cents .
The is a difference between:a dirtbike with a plate and something that "could " pass as a DS (maybe a light or tail light )then there is a true DS.
I can only assume this comment was aimed at me. Well I have been riding bikes for over 23 years and have owned 17 different bikes including "true" DS's. A so called "true" DS is mediocre off road and mediocre on road. They're not really great at either. Fun to ride, absolutely! But a converted offroad bike makes a much better DS. They are outstanding off road and the same mediocre on the street. They're at least really good in one area. My bike is 100% street legal. hi/ low headlight, tail/ brake light, mirror, DOT tires etc... That make it a DS.....

Just my thoughts....
Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #114
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarmy View Post
i can only assume this comment was aimed at me. Well i have been riding bikes for over 23 years and have owned 17 different bikes including "true" ds's. A so called "true" ds is mediocre off road and mediocre on road. They're not really great at either. Fun to ride, absolutely! But a converted offroad bike makes a much better ds. They are outstanding off road and the same mediocre on the street. They're at least really good in one area. My bike is 100% street legal. Hi/ low headlight, tail/ brake light, mirror, dot tires etc... That make it a ds.....

Just my thoughts....

+100
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #115
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by XArmy View Post
I can only assume this comment was aimed at me. Well I have been riding bikes for over 23 years and have owned 17 different bikes including "true" DS's. A so called "true" DS is mediocre off road and mediocre on road. They're not really great at either. Fun to ride, absolutely! But a converted offroad bike makes a much better DS. They are outstanding off road and the same mediocre on the street. They're at least really good in one area. My bike is 100% street legal. hi/ low headlight, tail/ brake light, mirror, DOT tires etc... That make it a DS.....

Just my thoughts....
While there is no question of the 300's off road ability, hows it do out on the open road. Long pavement slogs ect. Would you drone it 100 miles or more across the state? Curious because I'm thinking of getting one. If I do, it will see alot of road use.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #116
XArmy
uhhhhh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
While there is no question of the 300's off road ability, hows it do out on the open road. Long pavement slogs ect. Would you drone it 100 miles or more across the state? Curious because I'm thinking of getting one. If I do, it will see alot of road use.

I ride it to work a lot as is. But for long hauls, a gearing change is a big benefit. I ride 60/ 40 off/ on... For someone looking for 40/ 60 off/ on, putting a DS kit on a XCF might be a bit better choice. (no mixing oil, makes refueling more convenient)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #117
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

I have an LC4e right now. It's a great bike, but it just doesn't blow my skirt up. I'm an olde 2 smoker at heart and mixing fuel in the tank on the go is no big deal to me. I still trailer the LC4 to the farther riding areas so I'm really not using it to it's intended use/potential. I want something lighter, less complex. With the addition of the lower 6th gear on the W's Im thinking it may just work for me.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #118
XArmy
uhhhhh......

If I'm not mistaken, the only lower gears on a "W" model are the first 2. But I could be wrong...
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #119
Wyvern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:

Just my thoughts....
No not "aimed" any one ... just that there are differences.
Heck I had a NSR with frame numbers from a CB 400.
I did so many DS conversions ... lost count . (how about a CR 500 full fairing street toy.?)
I have a plate on my Gas Gas trials bike ....
My comment was just to chat about what is needed... what you can get away with and what is for sure VERY cool .

I am in Norcal and the local LE is much more in tune to what is happening . I do most of them the legal way ... others I get creative... the sound, and stickers seem to be drawing much more attention.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #120
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the only lower gears on a "W" model are the first 2. But I could be wrong...
Difference in terminology. Low ratio is commonly referred to as 'taller gearing' Lower rpms at higher speeds. Whatever, you get the idea. With proper gearing, this bike should be able to easily pull 60/65 mph at a relaxed rpm, which is what I need it to do.