Entries for the 2013 Amageza Rallye
All relevant info is on the website: http://www.amageza.com
- Start and finish: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
- Date: 18 October 2013 to 26 October 2013
- Classes: 0-450cc, larger than 450cc and 'female/ woman'. The latter has no restriction on engine size.
- Number of entries available: 150 Competitors, 50 Assistance.
- 5 Days.
- 3000 km. (1864 miles)
- FIM and MSA (Motorsport South Africa) rule-set.
- Navigation by Rally Road-book and Amageza GPS (issued)
- Entry fee: ZAR 9 000 (1036 USD)
- Hire of Amageza GPS for this event: ZAR 1 000 (115 USD) + ZAR 1 000 (115 USD) refundable deposit if the GPS is okay on return.
- Includes temporary MSA license if you don't have one already, medical cover via MSA, two meals a day, transport for 1 trunk and 1 set of tires as well as normal rescue and recovery, etc.
- First prizes over all classes: ZAR 9 000 (1036 USD).
- Second prizes over all classes: ZAR 4 000 (460 USD).
- Third prizes over all classes: ZAR 2 000 (230 USD).
- Third to ten: Trophy
- All finishers: Medal.
- Entries are online via the Amageza website or: http://www.racecontrol.co.za
Everything on the Amageza Rallye closely follows the Dakar style. The objective being a event where riders can hone their skills before taking on the Dakar.
And while you're in SA, you can just as well check out the big 5, if you don't encounter one or two of them en route!
Let the games begin!