User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
VA Rider OP
New Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 18
2011 AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport - Oct 1st & 2nd

** IMPORTANT ** - Pre-registration for the 2011 AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport will open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY this upcoming Monday, August 15th in the late afternoon on the WATR home page at http://watr.us/ . If you would like to be put on the Shenandoah 500 email list to receive event specific information, please send an email to dualsport@nvtr.org

PLEASE NOTE: This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! No entries accepted after Friday, September 2, 2011 or 200 riders, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!!

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81. GPS: 38.4371, 79.0119

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-350-2510 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes lunch for Saturday and Sunday. Hot breakfast available Sat. & Sun. Spaghetti dinner available Saturday night.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@nvtr.org

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3Zf...layer_embedded

VA Rider screwed with this post 08-13-2011 at 01:46 PM Reason: Typo
VA Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

Oddometer: 2,585
IN! but likely without the totally awesome Dual-Sport MX sidecar - I need more than 1 passenger and can't find a spare manly enough to do the job.
Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
BluWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
In. First off road rally ever.
BluWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Motocox
We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer: 859
We are In.
450 EXC
WR 250
XR 400
super sherpa...

Motocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
VA Rider OP
New Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
IN! but likely without the totally awesome Dual-Sport MX sidecar - I need more than 1 passenger and can't find a spare manly enough to do the job.
I'm sure someone on this forum will step up and hang off that sidecar with you. Cheers.
VA Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

some pics from last year to whet your appetite! This is a great ride and highly recommended.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,115
Edit: Better try to sneak it by the wifey before I declare my in-ness.

Edit II: I snuck it by her... In!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...

gastone screwed with this post 08-16-2011 at 01:18 PM
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,069
In!
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 916
How passenger friendly is this ride? Are the tougher stretches something she could get off and walk pretty quickly through? Two-up-able on a KLR?

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
How passenger friendly is this ride? Are the tougher stretches something she could get off and walk pretty quickly through? Two-up-able on a KLR?
I think the answer depends on how good a rider you are. I saw Lafferty leave a bunch of guys in the dust in Joisey when he was two up.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 916
All signed up! Will probably not do it with a passenger unless I magically find a KTM 990 between now and then and get some A level riding skill.

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
BluWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Just registered.
BluWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
stbob
 

Oddometer: 886
In...
Just finished pre-registering for the ride, now i need a place to camp...
stbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
Glowplug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
In!

IN!!! Now where are those excellent Virginia Riders I got to hang with last year?

-Chris from Philly

Pics from last year:

http://philadelphiariders.com/gallery/album194

Glowplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
nvtr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Talking Online Pre-Registration Now Open!

2011 AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport - Oct 1st & 2nd

The 17th annual AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport returns this upcoming October 1st & 2nd

Pre-registration for the 2011 AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport is now open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY at http://watr.us/

An event flyer will be released, however it will NOT have a pre-registration form. Pre-registrations will ONLY be ACCEPTED via ONLINE.

PLEASE NOTE: This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! No entries accepted after Friday, September 2, 2011 or 200 riders, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!!

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81. GPS: 38.4371, 79.0119

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-350-2510 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes lunch for Saturday and Sunday. Hot breakfast available Sat. & Sun. Spaghetti dinner available Saturday night.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@nvtr.org

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!
nvtr is offline   Reply With Quote