Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #991
casey sohc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
these are great pictures,hope that you are feeling better....a few days bumbling around will recharge your batteries,a friend of mine raises Alpacas in Sussex nb i am going to forward the Lama pictures if you don't mind...thats awesome picture of you chilaxin with a llama.too bad about your tools,the bad thing is you don't have them, the good thing is you didn't need them.being a mechanic i now have a lot more respect of the "Trusty"KLR...safe trip keep us in the loop! Cheers JJ
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #992
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey sohc View Post
these are great pictures,hope that you are feeling better....a few days bumbling around will recharge your batteries,a friend of mine raises Alpacas in Sussex nb i am going to forward the Lama pictures if you don't mind...thats awesome picture of you chilaxin with a llama.too bad about your tools,the bad thing is you don't have them, the good thing is you didn't need them.being a mechanic i now have a lot more respect of the "Trusty"KLR...safe trip keep us in the loop! Cheers JJ
I really needed a rest. I feel very comfortable in Cusco now. I saw Jeff again yesterday for a few minutes. It's amazing how just knowing someone in town makes me feel better. I met two nice NY guys, Evan and Jordan, and they plan to watch the Superbowl with Jeff and me, so it should be fun.

My ribs are feeling a lot better

The girls Malene and Jana have been in touch and will be in La Paz for the birthday party, so that's good. I should be able to make it there. They were pretty worried about me when they heard I hurt myself and offered to do anything they could. I'm sure if I had been badly hurt they would have come back to Cusco to help me. Nice to have good friends nearby when you are so far from home

Now if I can just get a coffee this morning everything will be good. I've already been for a walk and nothing is open, Sunday morning. I meant to buy more instant coffee yesterday and I forgot.

Kedgi screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 05:19 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #993
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey sohc View Post
Thanks JJ

By all means,please feel free to forward the Lllama pictures.

I can't say enough good about my KLR. It has brought me to Peru, as well as twice across the Trans Lab, and from Miami to home via Key West and Talladega. I never had a bike I rode so much

It was stupid about the tools but in the end I didn't have to have them. It would have been a pain to replace them down here. It's not like you can walk over to Canadian Tire.

Kedgi
Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #994
Kedgi OP
Banned

Raging River

I've been saying how violent the river is that runs from Agua Caliente to Hidroelectrica. I shot this bit of video from my hotel. Check it out. No wonder Peru is making power with this river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXR9tJhb1A
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #995
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cool2 Come ride through Medellin, Colombia

This is a long video and it took a long while to download to Youtube. But today I'm just waiting for the Superbowl, so I finally got it done.

This is video i shot of my ride into, through and out of Medellin, Colombia on a Saturday morning,

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************

Well, after waiting all morning, only the first four minutes of the video downloaded. WAPITA

In any case you can see the beginning of the descent into Medellin with a view of the city below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2OkG...=youtube_gdata

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 10:08 AM
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #996
Kedgi OP
Banned

Laugh Ride through Downtown Medellin Colombia Video

I think I have it now********

Video of my ride through downtown Medellin Colombia on a Saturday morning.

http://youtu.be/GCcbTkmM93M

Kedgi
Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #997
BeachGuy
Alabama & Costa Rica

Oddometer: 469
Kedgi,

Enjoyed you last couple of video's, does a very good job of showing us you adventure.

I'm no master in video editing or posting by any means, but try to keep your video under 3 minutes long. Two minutes are better.
This way your not sucking up all the band width at your disposal, and if somebody else jumps in on the same connection it may not drop you out.

If you have a long video to post, try breaking it up into several short video's. This will make it much easier to upload and if it fails to upload you'll know it sooner. You may have wifi but that doesn't mean it fast enough.

Safe travels,
2014 Ride Report: Ring of Ireland in 30 days
One of the beautiful things about riding solo is the quality of the social experience.
BeachGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #998
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGuy View Post
Kedgi,

Enjoyed you last couple of video's, does a very good job of showing us you adventure.

I'm no master in video editing or posting by any means, but try to keep your video under 3 minutes long. Two minutes are better.
This way your not sucking up all the band width at your disposal, and if somebody else jumps in on the same connection it may not drop you out.

If you have a long video to post, try breaking it up into several short video's. This will make it much easier to upload and if it fails to upload you'll know it sooner. You may have wifi but that doesn't mean it fast enough.

Safe travels,
It's a lot of work to do videos. I'm learning as i go. That's good advice to keep them short.

Thanks

Kedgi
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #999
Kedgi OP
Banned

Leaving Cusco

I'm leaving Cusco today headed toward the Bolivian border. I had a great time last night at Norton Rat's Pub watching the Superbowl with Jeff, the Pub's owner. He's a biker too and he and I hit it right off. I would encourage any of you who ride down here to stop in to Norton Rats. It's on the main square in Cusco, near the Cathedral.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #1000
NoLurkerAnymore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
I would encourage any of you who ride down here to stop in to Norton Rats. It's on the main square in Cusco, near the Cathedral.
I believe I was there about 10 years ago. But without a bike. Is ist north of the Cathedral, in the direction of Sexywoman (I mean "Saqsaywaman)? Had a great time there though.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #1001
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerAnymore View Post
I believe I was there about 10 years ago. But without a bike. Is ist north of the Cathedral, in the direction of Sexywoman (I mean "Saqsaywaman)? Had a great time there though.
Saqsaywaman must be gone. I never saw that, but you're right. Norton Rats is on the corner of the main square, closest to the Cathedral

Kedgi
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #1002
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cusco to Puno

I had a very cold and at times wet ride from Cusco to Puno yesterday but I'm here safe and sound. As soon as i got here I got something to eat, changed some money and came back to my room and Skyped Angele at home. Then the power went out across town and was out for hours. Long night.

This morning It is very cloudy and cold. That weather has made a decision for me. That and a report from my Brazilian friends, Mauro and Marina, who I met in Lima, driving their Toyota, that they went to thirteen gas stations in a row yesterday that refused to sell them gas in Bolivia. I'm going to La Paz to meet my friends for our birthday party but after that, screw Bolivia. I have had enough of high elevation and cold. When I leave La Paz, I am headed for the Chilean Coast and will ride around Bolivia.

The ride started out nice yesterday, sunny and fairly warm. I stopped for a break just as I cleared Cusco traffic and as you can see the weather wasn't bad.

As I climbed to the top of the Agau Calientes Pass it got really cold. Like winter gloves on with my grips on strength 4 cold.

Up on the top the scenery is wide open and on a huge scale. I took this picture of a Peru rail Train to give you some idea.

You pass through a lot of little towns on the way, this is pretty typical

Here is a look down a sidestreet at one spot where I stopped to warm up

I took this photo just before things got really nasty. Thunder, lightening and pounding cold rain.

I'm here though, and this is a bit of a hurried report thanks to the Power outage last night preventing me from doing the posting in the evening.

I saw three other adv bikes at this hotel when I parked last night. Two from BC and one from CZ. Maybe I'll meet the riders at breakfast.

Talk to you from La Paz. Wish me luck at the border!

Kedgi
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #1003
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Good luck in Bolivia. Heard some unfriendly reports from there lately.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1004
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Dwight:

I can't believe how cold it must be for you. You have to aim for warmer temperatures . . . somewhere

I've lost track, must be Happy Birthday to you by now

bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #1005
shirtman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Happy Birthday

Hey Dwight Happy Birthday - we are missing you guys down here in KW!
shirtman is offline   Reply With Quote