Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #1111
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyL View Post
Way to go Dwight! And Thank You for keeping the RR up to date. Really enjoying your ride.

Thanks for following along!

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #1112
Kedgi OP
Banned

@ Signs

This may come in useful to all you future travelers to Latin America

To make an @ sign on a Spanish keyboard you hit alt and 6 and 4 all at the same time.

I found that out from Furdunco when we were trying to pay my reciprocity fee.

A young lady here at the hostal just asked me the same question "How do you make an @ sign?" That's what twigged my memory

Dwight
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1113
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
Beats me, but why not approach and and ask, Que Vendes?
That's an idea.

Kedgi
Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #1114
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Hey

Tomorrow's the start of the Moncton bike show, don't forget to tell the Yamaha Motoplex guys they should be reading my post and that I need a new Super Tenere really, really cheap so I can ride the Desert Southwest and Mexico next Winter and keep giving you guys something good to read.

I hope that dealership gets tired of hearing about me to the point they give me a Tenere just to get rid of me. hahaha

I will get a photo for you. Maybe even make a really lowball offer to Troy on your behalf.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #1115
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
I will get a photo for you. Maybe even make a really lowball offer to Troy on your behalf.

Dude I like the way you think. If he doesn't take 700 bucks....screw him. hahhaa
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #1116
Kedgi OP
Banned

Salta Pics

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday on my walk around Salta

The Market

Yuhmak Honda/Kawasaki

The Yamaha Shop

Two new Super Teneres

These cost $30,000 USD here

The place where I finally found the oil I wanted

I was sitting at the cafe last night and this young man in the blue shirt comes up and offers me his hand and says do you remember me. I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't think where I'd seen him before. He and his brother are the surfer guys I met in Chile. I was so glad he spoke up when he saw me. They were with their Dad and little brother. How nice, and how amazing in this big city, to run into them again. I was stupid, I never though to get a picture of the boys with their Dad.

I'm bummed this afternoon. I lost another pair of sunglasses. I can't find them anywhere. I don't remember losing sunglasses before, now this is the second set this trip. No big deal, they were cheap, it just means I have to hunt around for another pair.

Kedgi
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #1117
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
I'm bummed this afternoon. I lost another pair of sunglasses. I can't find them anywhere. I don't remember losing sunglasses before, now this is the second set this trip. No big deal, they were cheap, it just means I have to hunt around for another pair.
Kedgi

Well I know you just turned 29, but for an older guy like me finding my stuff takes half the day. In Bathurst last September we played "find my sunglasses" for 20 min at the hotel. I learned to always put things in the same location. They were stuck on top of my tank bag but under the map pocket.

Find a pair of sunglasses with the string you can wear around your neck. Kinda like your mittens at home.

Enjoy your accomplishments.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #1118
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Well I know you just turned 29, but for an older guy like me finding my stuff takes half the day. In Bathurst last September we played "find my sunglasses" for 20 min at the hotel. I learned to always put things in the same location. They were stuck on top of my tank bag but under the map pocket.

Find a pair of sunglasses with the string you can wear around your neck. Kinda like your mittens at home.

Enjoy your accomplishments.

I just can't imagine where they have gone. I know I was wearing them when I rode to this hostal. I normally put them on the bike through a couple wires and over the handle bar so I won't forget them. I am pretty religious about always putting stuff in the same place when traveling so I am not always looking for something. I was sure they were on the nightstand in this little room, but nope. That caused a major search of the room, all my pockets, the saddle bags, a walk back to the parking, a search of the bike....Gone! I can't figure it out. I lost the last pair when I was at a hotel or hostal for a few days. I must have set them down somewhere, like a store and forgot to pick them up. Frustrating but no big deal.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1119
DocRock
considerothers

Oddometer: 4
Great ride and RR

Enjoyed your RR while sitting out this damp, dreary winter in Ky. Just a note to say Daytona bike week starts about March 10. Flat track races the evenings of 14 and 15, and the super bike race the 16th. The rest of the time is people watching, bike gazing, and having few beers--you seem to be good at that at sea level.. send me PM. If you think you might make it; I'd be happy to buy you dinner and may have room in truck camper if I don't just ride the KLR down there. Be safe in these last days--i.e. don't get in a rush!
DocRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #1120
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Enjoyed your RR while sitting out this damp, dreary winter in Ky. Just a note to say Daytona bike week starts about March 10. Flat track races the evenings of 14 and 15, and the super bike race the 16th. The rest of the time is people watching, bike gazing, and having few beers--you seem to be good at that at sea level.. send me PM. If you think you might make it; I'd be happy to buy you dinner and may have room in truck camper if I don't just ride the KLR down there. Be safe in these last days--i.e. don't get in a rush!
I have been to Bike week three times in the past. I remember watching Kenny Roberts, burn up the track there, followed by the likes of Steve Baker, Gene Romero, Gary Nixon, Dave Aldana and Yvon DuHammel AWESOME

You make an
interesting offer.

I'm at a bit of am impasse here deciding how to get back to NA. I'll let you know what I decide to do. The 22nds a Holiday here, If I fly March 1 That means i arrive MIA on a weekend, not sure if i can get the bike on a weekend. Don't know what to do just yet

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 04:22 AM
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #1121
love/hate it
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Congratulations

Congrats on the accomplishment man. You have prevailed through all the trials and tribulations and should feel deeply satisfied. We armchair riders are sorry to realize this trip is drawing to a close.
love/hate it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #1122
WJW
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I want to ask you what GPS are you using? I have seen several times where it was sending you in the wrong direction, I want to know what to avoid when I buy a new one.
WJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1123
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJW View Post
I want to ask you what GPS are you using? I have seen several times where it was sending you in the wrong direction, I want to know what to avoid when I buy a new one.

Haven't you ever heard of a ZUMO Tour??
Old 02-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #1124
motor-ray
FNG

Oddometer: 68
Caught up!

After your PM I decided I better check back in on your ride report (I haven't signed on to ADV in a month due to a busy work/family schedule). I really enjoyed catching up on your adventures! It was a fun way to pass a lazy afternoon.
Travel safe.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #1125
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by love/hate it View Post
Congrats on the accomplishment man. You have prevailed through all the trials and tribulations and should feel deeply satisfied. We armchair riders are sorry to realize this trip is drawing to a close.
Thanks Buddy!

I still feel like I have a long way to go. It's about 1400kms to Buenos Aires, then a 13 hour flight, counting a stop in Lima then A ride home from Miami via Key West, lots more reading to come.

It's supposed to be 35C here today. and only 24 tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to ride in 35 degree heat if I don't have to. I may wait one more day to head toward BA if this place has a room available.

Dwight