User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #1156
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Ticker Tape Parade!

Many congrats, Kedgi. I am happy and relieved for you. Still in one piece, both you and the KLR.
I think your plan of leaving the bike at Zephyr Springs and retrieving it later may be the way to go. It's looking like NB, or any part of our country is a long way from seeing spring.
Cheers,
Toad
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #1157
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
dwight:

OH NO ! I'm shedding a tear for you. I am going to miss your SA photos,

but then again, I've never been to Key West.

you must be psychic, I was looking at photo #12 straining to see that drawing on the building, then like magic, photo #13 appears.

What luck to meet Phil again. It was meant to be. He at the start of his journey and you near the end. Well, not the end, I meant the end of this phase.

Relax, refresh and reflect. I'm sure you will be able to find bacon & eggs in that gigantic city.

bob

I actually saw a place the advertises fried eggs. ABC Restaurant. I'm going to have to check it out. I didn't notice if they had bacon.

Phil has ridden from Halifax, NS to here. He is thinking of one more month, making a loop through Rio de Janeiro and then he will head home too. He is, like me, tired out and is taking ten days off from riding just to decide what's next for sure.
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #1158
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
Many congrats, Kedgi. I am happy and relieved for you. Still in one piece, both you and the KLR.
I think your plan of leaving the bike at Zephyr Springs and retrieving it later may be the way to go. It's looking like NB, or any part of our country is a long way from seeing spring.
Cheers,
Toad
I'm with you Toad

I have ridden so much, I'm ready for a break. If my buddy, Tom can make it work, we may ride back from Florida together in May. May would be a great time to do the Blue Ridge Parkway again.

Kedgi
Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1159
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,436
Are you familiar with this? Might be some nice sections if you are not in a hurry up thru US...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508552

I did the Me. section...dumps you over the border in the Spednic Lake area...
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #1160
novaboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Congrats Kedgi,

I've been following you from the beginning, even went over and read your TLH post, a ride I'll be doing this summer. Saint John to St. John's the long way.

Awesome ride, thanks for taking us along and sharing it with us, the good times and the bad. Look forward to your next adventure. Let us know when you are back in Shediac, I'd love to sit down and hear some stories, and buy you a beer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #1161
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
Are you familiar with this? Might be some nice sections if you are not in a hurry up thru US...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508552

I did the Me. section...dumps you over the border in the Spednic Lake area...
I know that area very well. I used to live in Woodstock, NB in another life and Tom and I have paddled the St Croix River many times, that flows out of Spednic.

You've got to come to the welcome home party so we can compare notes.

Looks now, like I'll be home in a couple weeks which is kind of mind blowing since it took so long to get here.

Kedgi
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #1162
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaboy View Post
Congrats Kedgi,

I've been following you from the beginning, even went over and read your TLH post, a ride I'll be doing this summer. Saint John to St. John's the long way.

Awesome ride, thanks for taking us along and sharing it with us, the good times and the bad. Look forward to your next adventure. Let us know when you are back in Shediac, I'd love to sit down and hear some stories, and buy you a beer.

Dude

I like a dedicated reader. Anyone that can read all this AND my TLH post should come to the welcome home party. You're only out in Rothesay afterall.

I'm going to have to start a website and see if we need to rent a hall. No need to buy me a beer in NB, I make my own, and you're welcome to come up to Shediac and try some of them. They're good, if i do say so myself.

My next adventure is "In the works" I have a lead on a new Super Tenere, through a buddy I met on this trip.

Anyone that thinks they can make it to Shediac in a few weeks for the welcome home party...shoot me a PM. I would love to meet all the readers. Come meet some great people. I'm sure we'll have fun. We'll rent a hall if we have to.

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 05:51 PM
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #1163
jit6oocc
Oups...

Oddometer: 10
Epoustouflant!

Finally - catch on you! Amazing RR, or maybe RLRR: Real Life Ride Report! Congrat to you to have achieved your dream

Jimmy
jit6oocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1164
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Dude

. . . Anyone that thinks they can make it to Shediac in a few weeks for the welcome home party...shoot me a PM. I would love to meet all the readers. Come meet some great people. I'm sure we'll have fun. We'll rent a hall if we have to.

Kedgi
Dwight:

most of us can't get there in a few weeks. Can we have a BBQ during the summer instead ? Perhaps a 2nd welcome home party so we can plan our holidays around it . . .

bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #1165
escapeDETROIT
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Shipping costs

A buddy and I are buying our first motorcycles and planning a trip from Detroit to Alaska this summer. Your blog has been a big inspiration. CONGRATS on a great trip.

I was curious on how much the shipping from Buenos Aires ending up being for future adventure planning.
escapeDETROIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #1166
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jit6oocc View Post
Finally - catch on you! Amazing RR, or maybe RLRR: Real Life Ride Report! Congrat to you to have achieved your dream

Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I certainly enjoyed writing it.

Dwight
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #1167
Kedgi OP
Banned

Buenos Aires..... Photos

I spent yesterday walking around looking at stuff, and boy is there ever a lot of stuff to look at. I have never been in a city with so much shopping, so many stores! It's really amazing.

I have a good friend at home, Ken Brown, imagine my surprise when i saw this soccer jersey

I went into a mall of sorts that has hundreds of stores that only sell computer related stuff and I saw this "V8" cooler. I'm not sure but my guess is it's a powerful gaming computer. They had dozens and dozens of similar hopped up computers (Sorry the picture's not great I took it through the store window

In a big city you're always going to see people in a hurry

I walked until I couldn't walk anymore and then in the evening I went to a sidewalk cafe called the Great City Bar and had a couple beer

My waiter, Manuel, noticed I was wearing a T-Shirt from Montanita, Ecuador, which he has visited. It lead to us talking about travel. What a nice young man and a very professional waiter.

Manuel

Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #1168
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
Dwight:

most of us can't get there in a few weeks. Can we have a BBQ during the summer instead ? Perhaps a 2nd welcome home party so we can plan our holidays around it . . .

bob

I don't see why we can't have a Summer Party too!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #1169
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Dwight

Great stuff as usual.

BA is one of the cities I want to visit. Arggie womens

I know ur hitting Fla, not sure how long ur staying there, but March 16th is the Daytona 200

I might go...would be riding from Pa

Stay Safe & Thirsty my friend

Rhino
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #1170
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 150
PM sent. Looking forward to it.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote