AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 838
PM sent re pesos
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #1277
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,808
great to see you home safe and sound......no doubt we'll meet again on the road less travelled
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #1278
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
great to see you home safe and sound......no doubt we'll meet again on the road less travelled
Thanks Paul

I look forward to the day our paths cross again.

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #1279
casey sohc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
you have an amazing ride report, the pictures i am sure did not do the trip justice.its great to know you are home safe.keep us in the loop on future trip plans.cheers JJ
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #1280
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey sohc View Post
you have an amazing ride report, the pictures i am sure did not do the trip justice.its great to know you are home safe.keep us in the loop on future trip plans.cheers JJ

Thanks

It is hard for pictures to show how amazing the scenery can be.

I will be posting here again soon, I figure. Angele bought a Kawasaki Super Sherpa while I was away and we'll be doing some shorter trips this Summer. Can't wait!

Kedgi
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #1281
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Thanks

It is hard for pictures to show how amazing the scenery can be.

I will be posting here again soon, I figure. Angele bought a Kawasaki Super Sherpa while I was away and we'll be doing some shorter trips this Summer. Can't wait!

Kedgi
Hi Dwight,

I like Angele and I haven't even met her. She obviously has excellent taste in motorcyles.

Cheers,
John Downs
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #1282
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Dwight:

It's great that Angele bought the Super Sherpa. Now you won't be so lonely on your next trip.

bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #1283
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Hi Dwight,

I like Angele and I haven't even met her. She obviously has excellent taste in motorcyles.

Cheers,
John Downs
John

You made her day!

She's pretty proud of her new bike.

Dwight
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #1284
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
Dwight:

It's great that Angele bought the Super Sherpa. Now you won't be so lonely on your next trip.

bob
For sure!

We're really looking forward to a few good trips this Summer

Kedgi
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1285
Fat Bear
Iron Butt #48477

Oddometer: 41
Hi Kedgi

Greetings from Ottawa. After a long cold winter of hibernating from my bike and all motorcycle websites, I opened my favourite motorcycle bookmarks about a week ago. The temp here at that time was a balmy +7C so I had misplaced thoughts of riding in the near future. This morning it was -19C with the windchill - the depression resumes.

When I saw the title of your post, I was instantly hooked because my family is from NS. I could hardly put the iPad down until I'd read every single post. What a fantastic journey and what an incredible storyteller you are! My regret is that I hadn't seen the story earlier so that I could have corresponded with you while you were on your adventure. I've since read your TL story as well.

In addition to truly "putting a face on" all of the people that you've met and the places that you're been, you've provided a wealth of information for folks like me who have dreams of doing both SA and the TL. I'm due for a trip home to see Mom so I'll probably combine that with a TL adventure over the summer.

Congratulations on persevering through some huge challenges and for being so diligent and frank with your commentary. I salute you!

Steve
Fat Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #1286
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf1 View Post
Greetings from Ottawa. After a long cold winter of hibernating from my bike and all motorcycle websites, I opened my favourite motorcycle bookmarks about a week ago. The temp here at that time was a balmy +7C so I had misplaced thoughts of riding in the near future. This morning it was -19C with the windchill - the depression resumes.

When I saw the title of your post, I was instantly hooked because my family is from NS. I could hardly put the iPad down until I'd read every single post. What a fantastic journey and what an incredible storyteller you are! My regret is that I hadn't seen the story earlier so that I could have corresponded with you while you were on your adventure. I've since read your TL story as well.

In addition to truly "putting a face on" all of the people that you've met and the places that you're been, you've provided a wealth of information for folks like me who have dreams of doing both SA and the TL. I'm due for a trip home to see Mom so I'll probably combine that with a TL adventure over the summer.

Congratulations on persevering through some huge challenges and for being so diligent and frank with your commentary. I salute you!

Steve
Steve

I'm glad you found my post and thanks for your kind words. If you pass by Shediac, we'll have to have a beer together.

For me the ride is so much more than just riding the bike. It is all the wonderful places you see but it's also all the great people you meet.

I just can't believe how lucky I was to have met so many wonderful friends.

Kedgi
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1287
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
For sure!

We're really looking forward to a few good trips this Summer

Kedgi

Dwight:

I plan to be near Portland. Maine around July 18th then heading North, but I may miss you because you are heading south to KW for July 28th. We'll see when the time gets closer. Perhaps we could aim for the same town one evening . . .

I am drooling for Lobster . . .

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #1288
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
Dwight:

I plan to be near Portland. Maine around July 18th then heading North, but I may miss you because you are heading south to KW for July 28th. We'll see when the time gets closer. Perhaps we could aim for the same town one evening . . .

I am drooling for Lobster . . .

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
No worries, we'll likely be here, as long as you get here by the 27th, the KW trip in July will be on United Airlines.

Angele makes the best Lobster rolls! You gotta check them out.

Kedgi
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #1289
Fat Bear
Iron Butt #48477

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Steve

I'm glad you found my post and thanks for your kind words. If you pass by Shediac, we'll have to have a beer together.

For me the ride is so much more than just riding the bike. It is all the wonderful places you see but it's also all the great people you meet.

I just can't believe how lucky I was to have met so many wonderful friends.

Kedgi
Hi Kedgi,

As a fellow 55 year old, and a guy who likes to go it solo, I'd love to share a pint or two with you. At this point, I'm planning to be in the Maritimes this summer and if you're about while I'm down, then I'll be sure to stop by Shediac. If by any chance your travels take you anywhere near Ottawa, then please look me up.

The snow might even be gone while you're here - the high will reach a staggering -7C here today (if you disregard the windchill) with more snow in the forecast on Mon and Tues.

Happy Trails ......

Steve
Fat Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #1290
camitzi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
The shipment back to Miami was right around $1500usd.

I can highly recommend DakarMotos. Javier and Sandra arranged everything for me. You need to get in touch with them a couple weeks in advance. You can find them by Googling DakarMotos
Hey Dwight, it looks like you got home safe and sound. Are you missing your travels yet? I followed your blog, you had some tough days and rides. I tried to make some comments to your blog a couple of times, but as I just got an account on adv, therefore I am a newbie here, I must have dome something wrong cause they didn't show.
We made it all the way to Ushuaia and now we are ready to go somewhere warm again. It was beautiful, but too cold for a girl like me
We are on BA now,but I think we will ship the bikes from Bogota. Do you know if the shipping company that you used has an office over there too by any chance?
Take care,
Camelia
camitzi is offline   Reply With Quote