ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #106
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cucuy View Post
Is 120mi enough fuel range assuming Mag7 or other pit service was used?
Maybe??? Maybe not???

You can fill up at the Pemex stations to help you out!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #107
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cucuy View Post
Is 120mi enough fuel range assuming Mag7 or other pit service was used?
Should be ok, as long as Krash is in the right spot!
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!
 
Idahombre's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 72
" maybe they are just pussys?" , I know where you live.... I'm thinking I might head that way and give you some Three Stooge's type treatments. That road sucked in 2010, "yea, it's great, you shouldn't have any problems in that truck (with a camper) and trailer" We only had to stop twice to screw the trailers siding back on. I have the video to prove it.
Road crews were working on paving it at the time. We talked to some locals who said the road crews were averaging about 20 miles a year. It would make since that they were almost to Bay Of Gonzaga by now. Kinda bumms me out, for my own selfish reasons. But anyway, north of Coco's was decent then and the turn to hit Mex 1 was only about 12 miles of rough stuff (for a truck with a camper and over loaded trailer). I'll have to check with some guys racing the 1000 who are in the area to find out the conditions. It'd be an excellent route for our chase crew during the Mex 1K, If this is true.
We did stay at Gonzaga, hehehe, but it was getting dark and we wanted to get something to drink so we could eat dinner.
__________________
"It's better to go into a corner slow and come out fast, than to go into a corner fast and come out dead."
Stirling Moss

Idahombre screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 03:30 PM Reason: Add something
Idahombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #109
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
" maybe they are just pussys?" , I know where you live.... I'm thinking I might head that way and give you some Three Stooge's type treatments. That road sucked in 2010, "yea, it's great, you shouldn't have any problems in that truck (with a camper) and trailer" We only had to stop twice to screw the trailers siding back on. I have the video to prove it.
Road crews were working on paving it at the time. We talked to some locals who said the road crews were averaging about 20 miles a year. It would make since that they were almost to Bay Of Gonzaga by now. Kinda bumms me out, for my own selfish reasons. But anyway, north of Coco's was decent then and the turn to hit Mex 1 was only about 12 miles of rough stuff (for a truck with a camper and over loaded trailer). I'll have to check with some guys racing the 1000 who are in the area to find out the conditions. It'd be an excellent route for our chase crew during the Mex 1K, If this is true.
We did stay at Gonzaga, hehehe, but it was getting dark and we wanted to get something to drink so we could eat dinner.
That road will still EAT up Trailers!!!
LEAVE the tralier behind!!!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #110
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Oddometer: 310
Ya what he said Hombre !! maybe the beer too
Baja Dad sounds good ,we will just have our F250 4WD With spares so they should be fine then and I am sure there will be more than 1 gringo truck on the road that day !
Hombre and i are thinking that 120 miles might be tight based on Mag 7 pits from this year. I know from the Bay to Arco was a good 15 to 18 litres at race pace on my 525 and there are bigger gaps than that. .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
That road will still EAT up Trailers!!!
LEAVE the tralier behind!!!!
BAZZER450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #111
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!
 
Idahombre's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 72
I suppose we will have to wait and see where Mag 7 sets up their pit locations, before we get our panties in a bunch about fuel range on the motos. That's a easy fix. This sounds like a much better plan for everyone, as long as the gals don't drive the F250 like it's a class 1.
__________________
"It's better to go into a corner slow and come out fast, than to go into a corner fast and come out dead."
Stirling Moss
Idahombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #112
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
I suppose we will have to wait and see where Mag 7 sets up their pit locations, before we get our panties in a bunch about fuel range on the motos. That's a easy fix. This sounds like a much better plan for everyone, as long as the gals don't drive the F250 like it's a class 1.
In case you missed it, I drove a Honda Element through there in 4 hours, stopping to charlar with coco for a while. It's an easy drive.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #113
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Oddometer: 310
I just broke the news to the wife she's going cross country !! Thanks guys this is so much better! although there was a little bit of terror in her eyes !! But I just told her whats the worst that can happen ! And a honda element did it
BAZZER450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #114
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Oddometer: 310
sowe will stay at Victoria's in the bay and the Cabo Azul at the end So where is the place to stay at the other 2 stops ?
BAZZER450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #115
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!
 
Idahombre's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 72
Sounds like the logistics is going to be the easier part. Getting our bodies in shape for the abuse is another story. Last time I rode 1k+ miles on my dirt bike, I got my arse handed to me, but it was still fun.
__________________
"It's better to go into a corner slow and come out fast, than to go into a corner fast and come out dead."
Stirling Moss
Idahombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #116
drc42
Rally Dreamer
 
drc42's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
In case you missed it, I drove a Honda Element through there in 4 hours, stopping to charlar with coco for a while. It's an easy drive.
Wasn't that the day you put a hole in the diff case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
follow my journey: Dreaming of Dakar
drc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #117
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Wasn't that the day you put a hole in the diff case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes. The first day. With Mikes truck. I don't know how much fluid I lost, but if the rear hatch is any indication, it would be easier to measure how much was left.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #118
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
Sounds like the logistics is going to be the easier part. Getting our bodies in shape for the abuse is another story. Last time I rode 1k+ miles on my dirt bike, I got my arse handed to me, but it was still fun.
Beechum will get your rear in shape at the HQ in Mexicali
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #119
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Beechum will get your rear in shape at the HQ in Mexicali
TMI

oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #120
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Beechum will get your rear in shape at the HQ in Mexicali
Yesss I wiyell
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014