Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #106
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cucuy View Post
Is 120mi enough fuel range assuming Mag7 or other pit service was used?
Maybe??? Maybe not???

You can fill up at the Pemex stations to help you out!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #107
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cucuy View Post
Is 120mi enough fuel range assuming Mag7 or other pit service was used?
Should be ok, as long as Krash is in the right spot!
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

Oddometer: 72
" maybe they are just pussys?" , I know where you live.... I'm thinking I might head that way and give you some Three Stooge's type treatments. That road sucked in 2010, "yea, it's great, you shouldn't have any problems in that truck (with a camper) and trailer" We only had to stop twice to screw the trailers siding back on. I have the video to prove it.
Road crews were working on paving it at the time. We talked to some locals who said the road crews were averaging about 20 miles a year. It would make since that they were almost to Bay Of Gonzaga by now. Kinda bumms me out, for my own selfish reasons. But anyway, north of Coco's was decent then and the turn to hit Mex 1 was only about 12 miles of rough stuff (for a truck with a camper and over loaded trailer). I'll have to check with some guys racing the 1000 who are in the area to find out the conditions. It'd be an excellent route for our chase crew during the Mex 1K, If this is true.
We did stay at Gonzaga, hehehe, but it was getting dark and we wanted to get something to drink so we could eat dinner.

Idahombre screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 03:30 PM Reason: Add something
Idahombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #109
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
" maybe they are just pussys?" , I know where you live.... I'm thinking I might head that way and give you some Three Stooge's type treatments. That road sucked in 2010, "yea, it's great, you shouldn't have any problems in that truck (with a camper) and trailer" We only had to stop twice to screw the trailers siding back on. I have the video to prove it.
Road crews were working on paving it at the time. We talked to some locals who said the road crews were averaging about 20 miles a year. It would make since that they were almost to Bay Of Gonzaga by now. Kinda bumms me out, for my own selfish reasons. But anyway, north of Coco's was decent then and the turn to hit Mex 1 was only about 12 miles of rough stuff (for a truck with a camper and over loaded trailer). I'll have to check with some guys racing the 1000 who are in the area to find out the conditions. It'd be an excellent route for our chase crew during the Mex 1K, If this is true.
We did stay at Gonzaga, hehehe, but it was getting dark and we wanted to get something to drink so we could eat dinner.
That road will still EAT up Trailers!!!
LEAVE the tralier behind!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #110
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Ya what he said Hombre !! maybe the beer too
Baja Dad sounds good ,we will just have our F250 4WD With spares so they should be fine then and I am sure there will be more than 1 gringo truck on the road that day !
Hombre and i are thinking that 120 miles might be tight based on Mag 7 pits from this year. I know from the Bay to Arco was a good 15 to 18 litres at race pace on my 525 and there are bigger gaps than that. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
That road will still EAT up Trailers!!!
LEAVE the tralier behind!!!!
BAZZER450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #111
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

I suppose we will have to wait and see where Mag 7 sets up their pit locations, before we get our panties in a bunch about fuel range on the motos. That's a easy fix. This sounds like a much better plan for everyone, as long as the gals don't drive the F250 like it's a class 1.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #112
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I suppose we will have to wait and see where Mag 7 sets up their pit locations, before we get our panties in a bunch about fuel range on the motos. That's a easy fix. This sounds like a much better plan for everyone, as long as the gals don't drive the F250 like it's a class 1.
In case you missed it, I drove a Honda Element through there in 4 hours, stopping to charlar with coco for a while. It's an easy drive.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #113
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer

I just broke the news to the wife she's going cross country !! Thanks guys this is so much better! although there was a little bit of terror in her eyes !! But I just told her whats the worst that can happen ! And a honda element did it
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #114
BAZZER450
Gnarly Adventurer

sowe will stay at Victoria's in the bay and the Cabo Azul at the end So where is the place to stay at the other 2 stops ?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #115
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

Sounds like the logistics is going to be the easier part. Getting our bodies in shape for the abuse is another story. Last time I rode 1k+ miles on my dirt bike, I got my arse handed to me, but it was still fun.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #116
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
In case you missed it, I drove a Honda Element through there in 4 hours, stopping to charlar with coco for a while. It's an easy drive.
Wasn't that the day you put a hole in the diff case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #117
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Wasn't that the day you put a hole in the diff case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes. The first day. With Mikes truck. I don't know how much fluid I lost, but if the rear hatch is any indication, it would be easier to measure how much was left.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #118
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Sounds like the logistics is going to be the easier part. Getting our bodies in shape for the abuse is another story. Last time I rode 1k+ miles on my dirt bike, I got my arse handed to me, but it was still fun.
Beechum will get your rear in shape at the HQ in Mexicali
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #119
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
TMI

oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #120
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Yesss I wiyell