User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
KillerD OP
BoozeMagician

Oddometer: 129
Eagle Raising Links AND Aftermarket Shock

I've been running a progressive 465 / mono tubes for about sixth months now, and while I've been largely happy with the setup (after progressive replaced the first blown out set) I still wanted more clearance and faster turn in / quicker handling off-road. As of about an hour ago I installed eagle mikes RL-1 raising links to try and accomplish that. I've read tons of great responses regarding the links with stock shock, but nothing on using them with aftermarket higher grade suspension. I'll get time to hit the trails this weekend and offer my insight but I'm wondering if anyone else has this or a similar setup and what their thoughts are. Cheers!
KillerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,782
Just a thought; might get more mileage from this post in a model-specific thread or forum.

For example, if your bike is a KLR, this post might appear in, "KLR650 Only Thread."

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...42912&page=870

Just sayin'.
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
DJ.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I have the em+1 and the Progressive 465 RAP on my 07.

I love the setup. Works well in all conditions for me. I will say its in the nose bleed section from the seat. But I set my preload down and it's plush. I can crank it up when I am loaded up with camping gear. I am a big guy and stand at 6'5"
DJ. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,503
IF as I assume that you are referring to a KLR, then I did what you are doing and the transformation in the handling was nothing short of magic. It did raise the seat height by 1", but it was nothing I couldn't handle with my short legs. It was well worth the money IMO.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #5
KillerD OP
BoozeMagician

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerD View Post
I've been running a progressive 465 / mono tubes for about sixth months now, and while I've been largely happy with the setup (after progressive replaced the first blown out set) I still wanted more clearance and faster turn in / quicker handling off-road. As of about an hour ago I installed eagle mikes RL-1 raising links to try and accomplish that. I've read tons of great responses regarding the links with stock shock, but nothing on using them with aftermarket higher grade suspension. I'll get time to hit the trails this weekend and offer my insight but I'm wondering if anyone else has this or a similar setup and what their thoughts are. Cheers!
Perhaps this would have been more appropriate in the KLR only thread. . . A solid "my bad". However, seems like I got the response I was looking for regardless. Just went for my first ride with the new links after several months with the progressive suspension setup and I'm yet again, completely blown away. Infinitely faster turn in, quicker handling, and overall better dirt characteristics (clearance, etc). I'm 6'3.5" and 220' and I can easily flat foot it still on a level surface....my only question is ...can eagle mike make an RL-0 and raise it up even more...?
KillerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,302
sounds cool!.....

the best gains on pretty much every bike are made w/correct suspension mods....
davesupreme is online now   Reply With Quote