Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #31
StreetfghtR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I dont know who said there was 4 bikes...but ICON only used 2 you see on screen.

go to this site and youll see the making of the film.
http://www.rideicon.com/bikes/1443/

StreetfghtR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #32
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,447
What a beauty
Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
So if we carefully follow suggested "huge" list of sponsors
LeoVince - exhaust. Not top one - not carbon. Guess needed something a bit stronger.
Ohlins - rear shock and MAY BE springs in forks.
Continental - tyres
Saddleman - seats
Rotopax - canister
PIAA - bulbs?
GoPro - cameras
Galfer - brake pads (since disks seems stock)
KN -filters
Rox - risers
AltRider - sump guard and possible sidestand extenders
StudBoy - studs for spiky tires
Ballistic - battery
Parts Unlimited - could be anything, but I do not see that anything on photos and video. Perhaps it is consumables - sprockets, chains, oil.

This does not sound to me as hugely modified bikes function-wise. That sounds like bike I can make from my Tiger (God forbid that paintjob etc) with costs under 1000 euro.
Interesting
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
So if we carefully follow suggested "huge" list of sponsors
LeoVince - exhaust. Not top one - not carbon. Guess needed something a bit stronger.
Ohlins - rear shock and MAY BE springs in forks.
Continental - tyres
Saddleman - seats
Rotopax - canister
PIAA - bulbs?
GoPro - cameras
Galfer - brake pads (since disks seems stock)
KN -filters
Rox - risers
AltRider - sump guard and possible sidestand extenders
StudBoy - studs for spiky tires
Ballistic - battery
Parts Unlimited - could be anything, but I do not see that anything on photos and video. Perhaps it is consumables - sprockets, chains, oil.

This does not sound to me as hugely modified bikes function-wise. That sounds like bike I can make from my Tiger (God forbid that paintjob etc) with costs under 1000 euro.
Interesting
Tiger Competition
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #35
Danno88
Eyeless Tiger

Oddometer: 44
I want one too. Of course, I ride an 04 and am a bit bias already. That boss guy was hilarious. The line, "You're the best of the best. Actually, you're the best. New guy is best of the best that was available, on short notice, on a weekend". That was some funny stuff....
78 DT400

Danno88
Danno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #36
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
I highly doubt you can do this for under 1000 EUR. Under 2000, sure, but 1k is too low, just the suspension will cost you at least that.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I highly doubt you can do this for under 1000 EUR. Under 2000, sure, but 1k is too low, just the suspension will cost you at least that.
Wilbers rear shock - 540 Euros with discount (Race 46 series) - double circuit, super fully adjustable, really nice with 5 years warranty. This is what I paid recently for one for my previous bike, price is same across range. 640 without discount. I like it (from experience) WAY more than Ohlins. Ohlins rear cost 740 Euros here (for Tiger).
Springs front - 100 Euros max. Those are stock forks, so I guess they changed springs.
Subtotal for suspension 640. Add some oil? Ok, 660 Euros
KN filter 90 euros (don't really need it)
I already have:
LeoVince (already have it) 290 Euro tops for aluminium but I have carbon one
Sump guard (Triumph) came with the bike
Rox Risers - paid 80 Euros, already have them.
Fog lights - I have ones from Vendors section, LED - cost me 107 Euros delivered.
With what I already have I just need suspension and KN filter. But I do not really need them. Fine with way it is at the moment. Specially I really don't like KN filters...
Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
cug
--

Okay, you have stuff for around 400 to 500 already, and you substituted a Wilbers for the Oehlins. I only know this price for Oehlins:

http://www.solotriumph.com/triumph-tiger-800/suspension

Then the front springs might be around 100Eur but you have to either install them yourself (most people can't) or have them installed by a suspension shop which then can also just go ahead and put proper valving in - make that 300. Suspension alone is then around 1200.

I have a front Traxxion AK-20, but I wouldn't exclude it from the price when I'm thinking of building up a Tiger "properly". Rear suspension is due coming spring, not sure what to get though. Wilbers, Penske, ... Some good options out there.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,647
ANY Adv bike with that much customization and dialing in would be real nice.

With that said, the new Triumphs are awesome machines.... Money does not allow for me to switch from the beast I currently ride, if it did I'd be seriously looking at these bikes. Triple one'a the best motors available. Half of a Straight six which is one of the the best mechanical piston layouts made.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Okay, you have stuff for around 400 to 500 already, and you substituted a Wilbers for the Oehlins. I only know this price for Oehlins:

http://www.solotriumph.com/triumph-tiger-800/suspension

Then the front springs might be around 100Eur but you have to either install them yourself (most people can't) or have them installed by a suspension shop which then can also just go ahead and put proper valving in - make that 300. Suspension alone is then around 1200.

I have a front Traxxion AK-20, but I wouldn't exclude it from the price when I'm thinking of building up a Tiger "properly". Rear suspension is due coming spring, not sure what to get though. Wilbers, Penske, ... Some good options out there.
I trust your prices correct for that country but seems a bit different with prices here.
957 Euros without tax is crazy price, but 160 of it at least is remote preload adjuster that I never use on my bikes.
And it is shop in Spain...not best place price-wise.
Last time I did this...let me see... revalving, machining cartidges down, reducing travel by 30 mm respringing and re-oiling my forks for previous bike fit into 400 Euros for me.All inclusive parts and labor by pro shop in Germany. Out of this 95 euros springs, new seals, machining cartridges for limiting stroke, revalving...etc.
So 200 with springs tops if I do not do it myself. But I will - as I said, I can do it in my garage

I got 4 kids and mortgage and wife without work so I finding my way around by finding bargains

PS - just checked...
Here us Performance parts prices for Ohlins - as you can see

http://www.pureperformancecycles.com...2-Tiger-800-XC

That's already 910 Euros for same shock Spanish shop sells for 957....
I can tell you I seen some online shops in UK selling it for 1200 Euros. Seriously.
Another reason I do not like to go for Ohlins. Sellers riding on brand...it's a rip-off. And for real life IMO Wilbers is better.

bluesman screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 02:01 PM
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #41
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Good video. But, those riders could make a Honda Metropolitan do amazing things.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #42
cug
--

Quote:
That's already 910 Euros for same shock Spanish shop sells for 957....
And that's before tax ...

I'll likely go with something like this:

http://www.traxxion.com/Penske8983Do...Reservoir.aspx

Should work very well and I'm really happy with my Traxxion front so far. Man, I just hope I can get on the bike again soon! Damn surgery ...

Quote:
Another reason I do not like to go for Ohlins. Sellers riding on brand...it's a rip-off. And for real life IMO Wilbers is better.
Yeah, it's possible. Not sure what a comparable Wilbers here in the US costs. I'd have to check, but I don't think it'll be that much different from the Penske shock.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #43
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,035
Tremor that video yes show pros riding great bikes, but that triple sound is why I have two Triumphs. It is just an awesome sound.

Stretch67, If I hadn't just seen it in the garage I swear you have taken my 06 Tiger 955i!!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #44
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,035
Oh does anyone have a gues what the MSR fuel bottles are doing on the bikes in the nitrous scene? They are strapped upside down with hoses connected to them.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #45
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Oh does anyone have a gues what the MSR fuel bottles are doing on the bikes in the nitrous scene? They are strapped upside down with hoses connected to them.
this is just a joke they pulled. There is no nitros