User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
StepOnIt OP
Assitoner

Oddometer: 961
Halifax to Ontario for money

Hay just wondering if there are any ADVers in the east coast with a truck or trailer coming back to Ontario with space for a 2012 KTM 500??? Willing to pay of course just do not have the time to get it any time soon. Long shot but.. got to give it a go.
Thanks

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,745
I'm going to Halifax on wed, returning monday, I'll have a look while there.

I used Maritime Ontario shipping years ago, which was good. Had to crate the bike though.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
gronk
HIGH ANGLE RIGGER

Oddometer: 341
I'll ride it back for you,via James Bay!! Seriously I would ride it to you.
gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
StepOnIt OP
Assitoner

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronk View Post
I'll ride it back for you,via James Bay!! Seriously I would ride it to you.
Thanks for the offer but I do not have a key for it or registered for the road as of yet. so might be kinda illegal and that is a lot of km's.
Thanks for the offer.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
StepOnIt OP
Assitoner

shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
I'm going to Halifax on wed, returning monday, I'll have a look while there.

I used Maritime Ontario shipping years ago, which was good. Had to crate the bike though.
Ya the problem is that it is not in a crate and I don't care if it is but they do. It is at my friends apartment in the garage for now, great guy but cant ask him to crate it. I am cool with it in the back of a truck, trailer, seat of car etc... I took the forks, rear tire and handle bars off and put a 1984 Kawasaki 440 in the back of my 88 Jetta.
PM me if you want any more details

Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Oddometer: 233
A few days too late. Have a friend who drives his own rig and was there last week. Will keep you in mind if he ends up on the East Coast again if your not in an immediate rush.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
csisfun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Downgrading, Step? Last I remembered, you had a 690!
csisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
StepOnIt OP
Assitoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by csisfun View Post
Downgrading, Step? Last I remembered, you had a 690!
Well I still have a 690 for a bit lol till it is sold that is. Not sure it is a down grade per say though. I still love the 690 though and would get another but can't afford one lol. I got the 2012 500 exc for $5500 with 2.4hours on it so could not pass it up. I really wanted a husaberg 570 though and drove to Halifax to pick it up and turned out not to be what he said. Now just to get it here is the 500 problem but a guy says he is picking it up this Saturday so we will see.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
StepOnIt OP
Assitoner

movers

Well this moving company said they would pick it up on Saturday in Halifax, but came on Thursday instead.Good thing my friend was home at the time or the bike would be still there. Communication with the owner has been painful, I ask questions and he answers one lol. Now he has not gotten back to me in three days and now starting to worry a bit . I have emailed, text and phoned countless times and no answer, going to give it another day and then call the cops. It is insured so kinda good part and it has new replacement, not that it is old.
Anyone have this kinda issue with shipping a bike???

Old 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
whyt
2013 KTM 350 EXC-F

Oddometer: 7
Hey, I recently shipped a motorcycle from Nova Scotia to Alberta and now I'm having it shipped back.

I would highly recommend using the website www.uship.com

It's completely free to post an ad on the website and then companies will ask questions and make bids on your auction. You can review the people who are interested and see what their ratings are like.

You are not required to accept a bid or finalize a deal if you do not feel comfortable with it, there is no catch with this website.

I'm not sure how much you're looking to pay to make the shipment, but I will tell you that I paid $850 to have it done; I found that to be more than reasonable compared to other quotes I had got from other websites.

If you're flexible with your pickup date and delivery date, it will make things a lot easier.

The person I dealt with was extremely professional. He even gave me a call after I accepted his bid and we spoke for about 2 hours over the phone, he made me feel very comfortable with the entire transaction. He didn't require payment until the bike was delivered either.

I would highly suggest at the very least checking the website out, you never know; you might really like it. I will always ship my bikes and other things this way from now on.

Hope the information helps you!

Cheers!
whyt is offline   Reply With Quote