Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #166
MaggieR
Morbidly Obese

Oddometer: 58
Well girls, I tried, you can see that I did. Then some MALE had to come along and screw it up again. He should have asked “Sober Aunt” to approve what he was doing before he hit ENTER.

More To Love
MaggieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #167
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,084
Are you referring to my last post in the sign up thread? I did that so when I get orders everyone will know why I left an empty spot. When I say vacation I am being sarcastic. I am a service member, so now the 12 month vacation makes sense. I may get to enjoy 130f and 90% humidity.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #168
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
For punishment, the next batch of fudge I make for him will have some other sort of special ingredient in it, like Ex-Lax.

Lemme get out my crystal ball.

Oh my, things are not looking good for you next summer. I see a ... no, make that two.. broken down DR's. You do know how to fix flat tires, don't you?

Y'know, I'd help you if I could, but I might be, uh... indisposed.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #169
McRuss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
So after reading several pages of this thread, I'm not sure if I should post something serious or just some mindless drivel.........

So coin flipped and Serious won.

This will be my first D2D but second trip to Dawson City and third to AK....not new to the 'perils' of the Great Northern wastelands. I plan on staying 6/20 and 21 at the Triple J and will have a room to share, PM me if interested for de-tales. Also I've heard that some guy from Ancourage will bring tires if contacted in advance; anyone have his contact info ? (I'll be about 4000 miles into the trip and probably ready for a set).

I'll be leaving DC Sat morning and heading over the TOW to Tok, maybe a side trip to Eagle since I've not been there. Eventually I'll end up in Haines on the 26th, where I'll have a cabin (sleeps 4) reserved, then the ferry to PR the next day (also considering taking ferry all the way to Bellingham but I've BTDT back in '94.)
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #170
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
So after reading several pages of this thread, I'm not sure if I should post something serious or just some mindless drivel.........

This will be my first D2D but second trip to Dawson City and third to AK....not new to the 'perils' of the Great Northern wastelands. I plan on staying 6/20 and 21 at the Triple J and will have a room to share, PM me if interested for de-tales. Also I've heard that some guy from Ancourage will bring tires if contacted in advance; anyone have his contact info ? (I'll be about 4000 miles into the trip and probably ready for a set).

I'll be leaving DC Sat morning and heading over the TOW to Tok, maybe a side trip to Eagle since I've not been there. Eventually I'll end up in Haines on the 26th, where I'll have a cabin (sleeps 4) reserved, then the ferry to PR the next day (also considering taking ferry all the way to Bellingham but I've BTDT back in '94.)

Haha and I thought my "noob" questions brought this thread down hill, looks not tho.

I plan on campin in my tent, but A room would be nice tho. I may be interested .
Now back to this thread's topic :)

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #171
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:

Friar Mike did this last year. Send him a PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #172
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan Rider View Post
I see a ... no, make that two.. broken down DR's. You do know how to fix flat tires, don't you?
Hey - what a silly question, or possibly more mindless drivel. OF COURSE I know how to get tires swapped out or fix a flat. Duh. I have demonstrated that skill a few times in the past.

I either offer to make fudge or a home-made meal and then some good-hearted guys help me with my wheels/tires or "supervise" me, which, as you know, can be extremely challenging for the supervisor. A lot of patience is required due to my lack of mechanical aptitude, and/or appropriate tools...

I still think you enjoy it way too much when you insist on taking a hammer to my DRs to fix or remove something. I can see an evil glint in your eyes when you swing the hammer!

Here's something serious: I think you purposely skipped two numbers when you signed up for D2D because you're bringing Maggie and she's big enough for two seats, therefore she requires two numbers.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #173
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,713
Quote:

Macker.... several options re: tire redoo on your trip north

#1 throttle discipline and re-tire in LosAnchorage/Squarebanks

#2 run the bag off it and change in Dawson City, Whitehorz, Calgary, Seattle, Missoula, Boise ..... see #1 part A

#3 pack tires with ya

#4 CamelToeing

Several options for purchase in the state. In fairness to all of the excellent tires sales folks and particularly those who support D2D here's a list:

Fairbanks:
Justin at Trails End BMW
AKTracks at Adventure Cycleworks

Anchorage:
Barb at Alaska Leather
Brendon at The Motorcycle Shop
Court at Anchorage Yamaha
Rob at Go Pro

Wasilla
Friar at the Abby

Dawson
See the Dick

Give me a little lead time and I'm sure the D2D CounterSteering Committee and/or dealer can arrange delivery to Dawson City.
Have your Anchorage supplier get ahold of me if you make the purchase.
A couple of beers usually covers shipping charge.
Possible MaxiPad transmission if you go with #4 CamelToeing.

Fite

Fighter screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 08:46 PM
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #174
Fighter
Head Gruver

CamelToeing hard at work.

Say what ya will about option #4, but I'll tell ya whaaaat .....
I started in SouthbyDog Dakota with fresh meats on BiggerBird and they still were like new when we got to D2D.
Fite
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #175
McRuss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Macker.... several options re: tire redoo on your trip north

#1 throttle discipline and re-tire in LosAnchorage/Squarebanks

#2 run the bag off it and change in Dawson City, Whitehorz, Calgary, Seattle, Missoula, Boise ..... see #1 part A

#3 pack tires with ya

#4 CamelToeing

Fite
Probably a combination of #1 and #2 (throttle discipline and DC.) Three and four are definitely OUT. CamelToeing? Are you out of your frickin' mind? It's a long ride from San Antonio on a MC; it would be fatal to try it in a cage!
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #176
Fighter
Head Gruver

Quote:
Probably a combination of #1 and #2 (throttle discipline and DC.) Three and four are definitely OUT. CamelToeing? Are you out of your frickin' mind? It's a long ride from San Antonio on a MC; it would be fatal to try it in a cage!
Particularly if Griz was steering the cage!
Fite
Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #177
MaggieR
Morbidly Obese

The sign-up thread has been fixed AGAIN! If one of you males messes it up AGAIN I am going to come to D2D and pretend you are Santa and sit on your lap. Picture that in your mind.

More To Love
Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #178
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieR View Post
The sign-up thread has been fixed AGAIN! If one of you males messes it up AGAIN I am going to come to D2D and pretend you are Santa and sit on your lap. Picture that in your mind.
Didn't see your name on the list Maggie......
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #179
MaggieR
Morbidly Obese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Didn't see your name on the list Maggie......
Ohhh - is that an invitation? I can ride pillion with you, can't I?

More To Love
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #180
b dash rian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
So i'm getting moved to Anchorage for work. (still looking for a place to live)

but, they are moving 2 bikes up for me, the KTM 250 xc-f, and the Ducati Monster 620. The BMW GSPD will get ridden up, but due to the time line available, i'm not sure that i'll be able to get the PD up before D2D. (working 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, on the slope (don't hate, i've had enough of that in New York))

Anyway, I'm not afraid of the distances (done many 1000+ mile weekends on the duc), but the idea of a whole lot of gravel doesn't entice me too much on a baby monster.

thoughts?
b dash rian is online now   Reply With Quote